Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel in France

Poster: A snowHead
DeuxBieres wrote:
So, heading out to our place in Thollon three weeks today for the half term, and it's driving me crazy trying to work out just what tests we will/won't need for outward & return journeys (via Eurotunnel). It's far more uncertain now than it was when we went in August !!

Wife & I are double vacc, so only need to test on day 2 after return (no tests needed outward or prior to return). Easy peasy.

Two kids, aged 13 & 15 - likely to have received first vaccine at some point prior to departure (but school not yet confirmed dates, so it could be more than 3 weeks before our return, but maybe not).

I've no idea what their status will be

As of last month when I visited France, the French rule was that under 18s travelling with fully vaccinated adult(s) were also treated as being fully vaccinated.

From a French perspective, nothing was required beyond a few "on my honour" declarations.

Returning to UK at that stage (Amber Plus) required pre departure LFT, day 2 PCR, day 5 test-to-release and day 8 PCR, so count yourself lucky!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowdave, What if they are skiing with parents who are fully (i.e. double according to the French) vaccinated? Can they get on a ski lift with them?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skimum1 wrote:
I just got a news alert that the U.K. is on the brink of joining the EU vaccine passport scheme - good news if it’s true!

What additional benefit will that provide? Our NHS vaccination QR codes are already recognised in France ?

Thought this was a good summary of the current rules:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Health-pass-and-vaccination-in-the-UK
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, we've booked those again as well. They worked in the summer, and providing the Passenger Location Form still recognises the reference (the firm says it does) then they do the business. Last time they were slow in producing the result, but we weren't depending on it for release from quarantine.

There doesn't seem a big point in spending more, essentially what you are buying is the reference number that allows you to travel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@j b, exactly that. I'm wondering if I can recycle the one from my last trip for my upcoming one ...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@j b, well it accepted it, so I guess it is good enough .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pejoli wrote:
Skimum1 wrote:
I just got a news alert that the U.K. is on the brink of joining the EU vaccine passport scheme - good news if it’s true!

What additional benefit will that provide? Our NHS vaccination QR codes are already recognised in France ?

Thought this was a good summary of the current rules:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Health-pass-and-vaccination-in-the-UK

Not across all EU countries though. And initially they were not recognised on TAC, just because the French worked to fix it for us! To my mind, the more linking up across the EU, the easier and cheaper it becomes for the traveller.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowhound, nobody knows what the ski lift rules are yet, for adults or children.

As of last month there were no restrictions on anyone using a ski lift, beyond wearing a mask.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lots of good info on this thread, can I ask those that have travelled if I am missing anything from my checklist:

Standard deceleration for entry into France, 2 adults double jabbed & 1 14 years old, single jabbed. (I am assuming you can find these online)
Proof that you have a day 2 test pre booked for your return before departure
An AHC if you are taking a dog.

Have I missed anything?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonny996, passenger locator form for UK return
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonny996, Some clue about how to get Scottish vaccine status into French app!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonny996, can't sort that PLF until 48 hours before you return. Have the booking ref for the day 2 test with you, as you'll need it for the form.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We came back last Friday from a couple of weeks driving around and found as long as you had the NHS QR code for jab 2 scanned into the Tous Covid app then things were pretty relaxed, but that was required for every single bar or restaurant we went to.

We loaded everything up onto Eurotunnel booking and found no-one asked for anything but our passports at the border controls, both ways.

@Jonny996, I think your list is good. We used Express Test for day 2 this time as it was the cheapest I could find at £28 - sent on Saturday got -ve results back yesterday (although not really bothered about them, you are effectively just paying to put a booking ref on your PLF)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had a couple of French places who didn't always ask for the app, but they were usually ones we'd visited already. Rules seemed to be interpreted slightly differently in some places. A hotel we stayed at on way home advised us we didn't need to wear masks once she'd scanned our certs.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonny996 wrote:

Have I missed anything?

Passport for everyone.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
Lots of good info on this thread, can I ask those that have travelled if I am missing anything from my checklist:

Standard deceleration for entry into France, 2 adults double jabbed & 1 14 years old, single jabbed. (I am assuming you can find these online)
Proof that you have a day 2 test pre booked for your return before departure
An AHC if you are taking a dog.

Have I missed anything?

You're assuming that your 14yo being single jabbed will be classed by UK govt as 'fully vaccinated' and hence not need a pre departure test for return to the UK - i've not seen this confirmed anywhere yet, but if anyone has please post it here. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when I try to return after the Oct half term trip!
ski holidays
The 14 yo will need a supervised LFT within 24 h before departure to France. One jab isn’t fully vaccinated even if it’s all you’ve been offered unfortunately.
snow conditions
Yeah, i'm working on the basis that France won't recognise them as 'fully vacc' so will need LFT for outbound journey..... it's inbound where the confusion starts. UK govt not made it clear whether one vacc for 14yo will be classed as 'fully vacc' so unsure whether pre-departure LFT will be needed for return to UK.
Puzzled
snow report
I think the news is cautiously positive on that front but agree it’s not confirmed: https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1439537044607352832?s=21 here Shapps retweeted a BBC journo who says the DFT confirmed u18s would be treated as fully vaxxed. Here’s hoping!
latest report
i wouldn't say i am am a stupid person but I have to admit that I am finding the travel requirements very hard to follow & arrange, so much so that I think it would be easier just to sell the apartment.
latest report
@Jonny996, it’s the UK at fault - current situation in France if in French system perfectly clear …

Winter arrangements not yet decided so no point worrying about!
snow report
@under a new name, i have no doubt it is the UK at fault, there a better plan for this country on the back of a fag packed somewhere.
snow conditions
Once I got my head round them, it wasn't too difficult, and I also had a change of paperwork for 2 dogs to sort out. No teens though.

@Jonny996, the requirements won't continue for ever.
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, @Jonny996, aaahhhh but don't forget the French Fishermen rolling eyes
ski holidays
Interesting, but of course maybe and if..
https://planetski.eu/2021/10/01/no-health-pass-needed-for-ski-lifts-in-france-if-covid-cases-continue-to-fall/?fbclid=IwAR1LtMcWwkKLNYk3uXYr7fI3LB7_01B5maKGMKrYa2Ir0wd5bEcHnrUAEQo
snow report
@boredsurfin, fingers, toes and anything else crossable is crossed.
snow report
DeuxBieres wrote:
Yeah, i'm working on the basis that France won't recognise them as 'fully vacc' so will need LFT for outbound journey..... it's inbound where the confusion starts. UK govt not made it clear whether one vacc for 14yo will be classed as 'fully vacc' so unsure whether pre-departure LFT will be needed for return to UK.
Puzzled

Finally some clarity from the Gov.... all under 18's travelling with fully vaccinated adults classed as fully vacc themselves, so no tests needed prior to departure to the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

So, just a couple of LFT's for the kids on the morning of departure to France, then 4 tests on day 2 after we get home. Still not cheap, but a lot better than in August when it cost a fortune!
ski holidays
Thanks for this - good to know, have got some c19 home tests to do the day before for my teen and to take with us in case needed for him while out and about in France. Just booked day 2 PCR tests - still works out at quite an expense for 6 people! Used randox at £43.
Sounds like passé sanitaire not needed for ski lifts this year…good news for the single jabbed teens.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boredsurfin, seems fairly well confirmed, https://www.ledauphine.com/societe/2021/09/30/les-stations-ouvriront-et-sans-pass-sanitaire-sauf-degradation
ski holidays
@Rookiescot, assuming that the teen pre departure to France LFT have to be official ones, can I ask where you got them from? We are driving down to tunnel on a Friday with a early Saturday morning crossing, so trying to figure out best timing for his test.
Pesky kids drain your wallet & now making holidays harder. They better look after me well in my dootage Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Jonny996, we used these when we went in august: https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel

Cost £29 each but we got the results back in a couple of hours - we did them at 10pm Friday for a 4pm Sat eurotunnel crossing, and when I woke on Saturday they'd sent the certificates just before 1am !!

I'm tempted to use the slightly cheaper https://www.chronomics.com/fit-to-fly-antigen but we had such a good experience with c19 above that i'm reluctant to change for a few quid saving.
ski holidays
This has escaped me until today, but apparently at the "end of October" you won't need to do a PCR for the day 2 test upon return, but can do a lateral flow, which should make things cheaper. I can't find an exact date of when exactly the "end of October" is. No doubt it will come in AFTER I come back from Paris on 27th October. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Something else that has totally passed me by is that fully vaccinated adults don't need to be tested before going to France. Is that right?
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, that's right
latest report
Where have you been hiding Timmy? France dropped the test requirement in July!
latest report
@under a new name, cheers.

@Matt1959, I know! I thought I'd been all over this. Fingers crossed with no testing for me and my wife on the way out, no testing at all on the way back, and hopefully just a LFT after return, I've just saved about £200!
snow report
I know it was dropped in July because it was the day after my wife and I did two tests for our summer trip Sad
snow conditions
Matt1959 wrote:
I know it was dropped in July because it was the day after my wife and I did two tests for our summer trip Sad
I suspect we'll have something similar coming back and we'll just miss out on the LFT instead of PCR for day 2 tests.
ski holidays
I'm going 30th October so I think I'll be a winner this time!
ski holidays
Are we definitely sure that a single jabbed under 16 year old teen has to have a LFT before going out to France?
If we could get rid off that it would be great
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy