Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone doing anything else to get their fix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First off, I'm not a boarder*, I'm a skier. But I used to skate a load as a kid and have surfed, on and off, all my life (I'm 44 now).

At the start of lockdown, me and my kids (they're all skiers** too, don't @ me) needed some sort of sliding fix, so we invested in a few longboards. Instant hit. Last summer we went out every evening on them, and now that it's lighter again in the evenings, we've started going out again. Touch wood, I've only stacked it once when a massive stone jammed under one of my wheels. It's not the same as sliding down a mountain, but it does feel good. In a fit of extreme idiocy I even bought a Tony Hawk skateboard the other day and will be teaching my boy how to ollie this weekend.

Anyone else doing something to get their fix of sliding?

*I have actually been boarding on 2 separate holidays, and intend to get back on a board in either '22 or '23

**we're hopefully going on 2 snow holidays next year and my son will be boarding for one of them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timmycb5, Sometimes I get my board down and just hold her tightly and whisper lovely things to her - does that count!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sit in the garden in full kit at 3am, repeatedly running a whetstone over my edges and balefully howling at passing clouds.

As usual.

WRAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've spent a small fortune on updating some fly fishing gear - its actually like spending money on ski gear - new rods are equivalent new skies, boots are like reels, poles are like lines, beers are like new flies and so on.
It a boost for fishing and a bust for skiing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought DC Step-On boots and break them in while walking around the house, bending ze knees.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife spent my skiing holiday fund on a horse........ I don't really like horses.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Klamm Franzer, Maybe change the sauce you're serving it with?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had wondered about skateboarding, although probably what I should do is haul my rollerblades out of the attic and go out on them. I'm a bit worried I no longer know how to stop though...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Balance board?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Booked some stand up paddle boarding sessions at my local marina with a view to taking it coastal once I've had a bit of a practice. I'm not going to get the za-za-zooooms of snowboarding but I think it'll be fun!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Goofybiscuit wrote:
Booked some stand up paddle boarding sessions at my local marina with a view to taking it coastal once I've had a bit of a practice. I'm not going to get the za-za-zooooms of snowboarding but I think it'll be fun!
Take it west coast with a swell and and offshire wind, then it might
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy