Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas please!

Poster: A snowHead
Gray and I are planning on a trip at the beginning of March 07 - I'm after ideas of not only where to go, but also whom to go with - operator wise. A nice chalet would be luverly! The slopes need not only to be ideal for us, but also for Grays son and his wife - both borders. Any help and ideas would be appreciated! wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some fellow S'heads snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We spent a v.pleasant week in a chalet with 'Ski a la carte' with v.good food, in the Altiport area of Alpe D'Huez.
Run by Katski, who pops up on snowheads sometimes.
A little bit away from the shops but ski(board) in/out and beautiful all wood building.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

but also for Grays son and his wife
Gray is a bigamist!! Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Yes.

I mean, yes I had to read that two or three times to understand ! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, rolling eyes Grays son's wife... better Laughing
lampbus, do you have a link?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, www.skialacarte.co.uk
This year was their first and they only ran this one chalet, but great service & food.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lampbus, thanks - will have a look
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michelle, www.skiolympic.co.uk
www.silverski.co.uk
3 hols with each, all superb hols.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle, I'd agree with Frosty the Snowman, on Ski Olympic been with them more times than can remember and always had a great time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle, Spawn o'Masque did a season with Olympic and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle, Although I'd love to say here I think ADH would be an excellent resort for all of you. Lots of nice easy, on the spot skiing for Gray, and suitable lifts for boarders. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, That's about the time Mr HH, me and the gang will be off somewhere....if you fancy a big group thingy let me know and I'll see if you can join the annual pilgrimage....it'll be cheap and cheerful rather than luxury so bear that in mind! On the other hand if you don't fancy it I'll let you know where we'll be so you can avoid us like the plague wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, rolling eyes why didn't I think of you Laughing
homphomp, uuuum - I think he wants something peaceful... Laughing (You know how you just can't shut Mr HH up Laughing Laughing wink )
Thanks for the ski olympic reccos - will look at them Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle, Peaceful it won't be, but we do have skiers of every standard who you could hook up with (although no boarders) and people who like to rush out on the slopes for the 11:30 lift..... Very Happy. Actually, I agree with Easiski, ADH would be excellent.
snow report
lampbus, Thanks for the recomendation! Very Happy
snow report
homphomp wrote:
people who like to rush out on the slopes for the 11:30 lift..... Very Happy.

That'll be our Michelle, up at the crack of lunchtime, come what may. NehNeh
snow report
katski, Ok, How did the season go now the dust has settled (or maybe not) and you've had some time to review ?
snow report
Kramer, I'll have you know, that I was one of the first up - are you confusing me with Nick W ?? Laughing
snow report
lampbus, Went really well thanks - were very pleased with everything. Really looking forward to next year now!
latest report
Michelle: Saas Fee. Stay at the Hotel Elite (I know its not a chalet, but you'll love it all the same).
Don't go with anyone but yourselves: organise your own transport. Either, plane to Geneva and then train to Brig and bus up the hill.
Or, for real adventure, train all the way: Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Lausanne, local train to Brig and then bus up the mountain, arriving just in time for dinner.
snow report
Jonpim, that looks wonderful! Now, I've saved the link, please can you delete your post to keep it secret wink Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
well shock horror, a thread on where to go and it hasn't been jumped on by "....isn't La Rosiere the best place blargh blargh blargh................." NehNeh Laughing Laughing He must be losing his touch Puzzled
ski holidays
Dan,
Quote:

Michelle, www.skiolympic.co.uk
www.silverski.co.uk
3 hols with each, all superb hols.

I was going to push La Rosiere for the Ski Olympic link but was worried it could affect availabilty for us. As you say, a fabulous place and would suit Michelle's requirements to a T
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, didn't realise they were in La Rosiere, I had meant Masque's "mate" wink

My view of La Rosiere is slightly different but i didn't get to slide (no snow till last day) there just spent time there Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
personally i would avoid going with any ski operator as generally once they've got your money they just dont give a damm!

there are plenty of really really good independent chalets around, so many probably too many to list! (yes i run one too!)

First thing i would do is pick a resort then see who can come up with independent chalets in that area. Most offer transfers.

I can think of 3 chalets in Serre Chevalier (including myself) that would all be very suitable

Good luck
ski holidays
snowangel., We're not all bad!! wink
latest report
Quote:

avoid going with any ski operator as generally once they've got your money they just dont give a damm!

Apart from the smart ones who want you to come back next year.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the ice perv, Absolutley
latest report
Michelle, I am a self - drive/ book your own apartment fan, and although in the travel business I prefer the DIY solution. We regularly have used www.interhome.co.uk to book self catering accommodation. Their transctional web site is easy to use and has may opportunities throughout the Alps.

Chuck everything in the car and off you go - no hassle - no goddamned airport delays - your own destiny in your own hands - what more do you want.

Usually cheaper than booking with a Tour Operator. Check it out !
snow conditions
Michelle, Why dont you PM Spyderjon and find out where he stayed and who he went with to Val Cenis in March. You enjoyed it there and thought the skiing was good fro you at that stage would be ideal for Gray snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy