Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pig vs Ski Tourer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After bears, it is the attack of the pigs

http://youtube.com/v/RyLzaVZ2lOk

Reminds me of the joke:
A man is driving down the road when he hears a woman shouting "Pig!" at him from the pavement
He shouts back "cow!" to her
Then he hits a pig in the road.

Dare I say it is a metaphore for Brexit where the Brexit voter (the pig) blames the innocent bystander for his own stupidity. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pig 1 Tourer 0 Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not much of a thank you by the pig
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Those poor kids !!

They can be angry little bugs though... I was out hiking up at the top of the Tabuc valley here during the first lockdown last March (shhh..). Just came out of the tree line and must have disturbed one... it charged straight out aiming for my poor dog, who was only a puppy age 1 at the time. Fortunately I was carrying a big larch stick to keep my balance in the snow, so the boar got a whack on the back and promptly disappeared off down the mountain... dunno who was shaking more, me or the dog !!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe he wasn't expecting to have some dumb human break his tumble then scream a lot. New market niche in sanglier repellent for the concerned tourer, pepper spray maybe to season it nicely before it goes on the spit?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Dégage!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Laughing Dégage!!

on there are a few choice expletives in there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That is brilliant, the way it was almost somersaulting down, must have been pretty damn steep for it to lose its footing and then tumble down like that.

We have them at the back of us, and there's one ski tour I do ( @sucette, above Le Freyssinet ) where I've seen a family of them, as very few people ever go up that side and in deep snow, there are whole corridors of paths in the snow from one tree to another, I'll take some photos, and again like @sucette, in the first lockdown one shot out of the bushes and our two Jacks gave chase, but I don't think they realised what they were chasing, it's happened quite a few times now and we lose them for quite a while in the forest and when they do turn up they're shattered from the speed of the chase, and like I say if they actually knew what they are chasing as Beanie is scared witless of any black dog!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam wrote:
like I say if they actually knew what they are chasing as Beanie is scared witless of any black dog!

funny animals. Cats will chase brown bears but will sometimes run away from smaller cats.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I hadn't noticed the pig rolling down earlier - there is also a joke somewhere in this about squealing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam, boar vs dog... bad idea! Friend has a German Short Hair Pointer. Big boy Tried it on with a boar and ended up in shreds. Was not good.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So many jokes sausage jokes...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno wrote:

Yes and they did save it's bacon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
Arno wrote:

Yes and they did save it's bacon.

ooof! Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Went up behind me today and as ever loads of beastie tracks but not so impressive as snow depth not that great, but right at the end a couple broke cover.

I'll upload the video where you get a fleeting glimpse of them, in a couple of mins to the ski-touing lines thread.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy