Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2021/2022 (Dec 3 - April 24)

Poster: A snowHead
@Markymark29, @kitenski, +1. Calm, slow ride resting the legs after the descent from Madloch.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
@Markymark29, agree that was always a lovely peaceful lift, passing over streams in spring!!

…and the Bra Tree! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it is good to realize that instead of a 10-gondola, a 6 or 8-chair would cost at lot more trees....
Apart from that, Zug needs a secure download option, given that both skiroutes to Zug are very much affected by avalanches.
Also with this gondola it might be made possible to walk gently down all the way from Zuger Berg to Lech, even in winter. And the gondola is supposed to run in summer too.
Oh, and appearently you guys have only used the old chair in good weather....whilst the word Zug (=draft) refers to the severe western winds often blowing here.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Langerzug, have used it in all weathers, would always choose a chair in all weathers vs a gondola.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Markymark29, no you don’t. Get real! Very Happy Very Happy you clearly haven’t experienced the ‘Zug’ winds like we did.
(Don’t get me wrong, we love the pretty sunny forest ride too. But a gondola clearly is the best option for Zug now I think)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug,
Quote:

no you don’t. Get real!

You have no idea what i've experienced or like/ dislike, i've never met you, so you'd not know my preferences. For what it's worth however, I go skiing to be in the open air and nature not be in a plastic bubble breathing the expired co2 coming out of people like you. If that means I'd have a 3-4 minute queue that for me is preferable to being cooked up with idiots and not being able to see the underwear hanging from the trees as @ulmerhutte, reminded me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 wrote:
@Langerzug,
Quote:

no you don’t. Get real!

You have no idea what i've experienced or like/ dislike, i've never met you, so you'd not know my preferences. For what it's worth however, I go skiing to be in the open air and nature not be in a plastic bubble breathing the expired co2 coming out of people like you. If that means I'd have a 3-4 minute queue that for me is preferable to being cooked up with idiots and not being able to see the underwear hanging from the trees as @ulmerhutte, reminded me.

Whilst we're on being cooked up, I object to people pulling the plastic screen down on chairs even when the weather only threatens. Everybody is kitted up anyway - goggles, helmets. gloves, ski wear, so why pull down the screen? You can't see what the weather is doing as the chair ascends. With the screen up you can assess the conditions.
Start a "BAN CHAIR LIFT SCREENS" campaign before next Winter!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And while we're at it, STOP THE BRUTAL GROOMING!

Actually, please don't do that because I don't go off-piste anymore Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davidthornton, agreed I also dislike chair covers, especially when people pull them down in sub-zero bluebird weather moaning they are cold. Any with no request to the other people, they just yank them down, how rude.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davidthornton, @Markymark29, I am afraid I am one of those folk who want to pull the the screens down as soon as it get cold and windy. I do like the fresh air (used to like the old Schindlerbahn, though it was not good in poor weather) but with the getting old thing prefer to not get frozen on a chair lift.... There are lifts that have both chairs and gondolas so folk can have a choice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Langerzug wrote:
@Markymark29, no you don’t. Get real! Very Happy Very Happy you clearly haven’t experienced the ‘Zug’ winds like we did.
(Don’t get me wrong, we love the pretty sunny forest ride too. But a gondola clearly is the best option for Zug now I think)

Zugerbegbahn chair lift is protected by trees from the wind most of the ascent.. its very tame almost T Shirt weather compared to

Wind blast Chair Lifts in this order

Valfagehrbahn (old 2 person Chair)
Kapallbahn 1 (old 2 person Chair)
Kapallbahn 2 (old 2 person Chair)
Albona 2 (old 2 man Chair)
The old Valfagehrbahn use to stop regular in the the fierce Wind and you could be hangin up there going nowhere for 15-30 minutes...Not uncommon

Now day's there are no lifts in Arlberg where yo will experience extreme wind & cold because of the Bubbles & safety systems & especially with good ski kit ..
The trajectory's and heights of the Pylons of new lifts are designed specifically to dip or be sheltered from historically well known Meteorological Wind Patterns.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
10 person Gondolas seem to be the lift of choice these days particularly on busy ski circuits.

I imagine the decision is to do with capacity, cost effectiveness, downloading ability, disability access and future proofing. Gondolas can carry bikes and mixed ability groups all year round. They are also a safer option in windy weather particularly if climate change means more unsettled weather and stronger winds in the alps.

I agree though it’s a shame to lose a favourite chair for the sake of ‘progress’. As an aging telemarker it’s a pain having to take skis off at the bottom of every run.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So to sum up - in the Arlberg less chairs are swinging but more hotels are.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, there were smilies in my posting. You are taking things too serious here. Get real!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I almost agree with @stanton (shock, horror!)… very rarely have I ridden Zugerbergbahn in freezing wind. Yes, it is protected for a good deal of its length, far better than the preceding lift. There has been many a time I have had my butt frozen on the Madlochbahn. There are points on that lift ride that really catch the wind.
snow report
Zugerbergbahn runs from 1500 to 2100m.
Treeline is at 1800
Ca 50% through trees, 50% out in the open
ski holidays
Plenty of construction work already under way in St Anton, Stadle, Gand ..

Hotel (Takedowns & Rebuilds)
Pensions/Gasthof Rebuilds

Plus more....

Major Excavation works near the Nassereinbahn
ski holidays
Ticket Prices for the coming season the Lift Company say's will be announced in the coming days.....
snow conditions
Zürs

FIS Parallel Races are again pencilled in to take place early before next season officially opens.

Dates 13. und 14. November 2021

snow report
June 6th

More info

https://www.instagram.com/skiclubarlberg_lech/
snow report
@stanton,

Had to check the calendar to see if it was the first of June or April today.
snow report
If you swing over here.... some construction fotos of the new Zugerbergbahn Gondola

https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&start=6275#p5327058
latest report
Rescheduled Summer Ski Race took place yesterday....June 13th

Gaudi ! Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/SCA-Skialpin-Ortsstelle-Lech-144980912329414
snow report
stanton wrote:
Rescheduled Summer Ski Race took place yesterday....June 13th

Gaudi ! Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/SCA-Skialpin-Ortsstelle-Lech-144980912329414

Looks like it was a fun day.

Been too long since I was last on skis.
latest report
Images of new Zugerbergbahn an Madlochbahn:

https://www.skiarlberg.news/de/
snow conditions
Quite a few Artist Impressions of the new Lifts (replacements)

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-lokales/millionen-investitionen-in-neue-seilbahnen-in-lech-zuers-am-arlberg_a4736258#gallery=null

I you hop over here there are some new fotos

https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&start=6300#p5328330
snow report
More Fotos posted up over here ...

https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&start=6325#p5328685
latest report
Makes sense the new Madloch base station is on the other side of the lake (I have seen pictures of folk queuing across the frozen lake from the 1950s). Are they remodelling the piste beside the lift to get rid of the very dull plod up to the little col at the end? I am sure @stanton, would be happy to walk Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Construction New Madlochbahn..

snow conditions
Beautiful day! Very Happy

@munich_irish, moving the load to that side of the lake will also make it safer. Have seen many collisions and near-misses on the uphill section. Some people run out of speed (or confidence) on the uphill section and then suddenly turn/stop, leaving people behind them, still on a high-speed tuck, with limited options to avoid a collision.
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Beautiful day! Very Happy

@munich_irish, moving the load to that side of the lake will also make it safer. Have seen many collisions and near-misses on the uphill section. Some people run out of speed (or confidence) on the uphill section and then suddenly turn/stop, leaving people behind them, still on a high-speed tuck, with limited options to avoid a collision.

Yep, that's a problem elsewhere as well. Timid skiers are a danger to everyone.
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, @davidthornton, you both need to learn the FIS rules.
In case you missed it, they are used in court as well. And timid skiers tend to get the judge’s sympathy, not the less timid.....
ski holidays
Langerzug wrote:
In case you missed it, they are used in court as well. And timid skiers tend to get the judge’s sympathy, not the less timid.....

As usual, you have missed the point. Are you really that thick? You are certainly that arrogant.
latest report
Langerzug wrote:

Well aware of the rules and obligations, merely acknowledging a common problem on the schuss.
Perhaps a lane demarcation could be marked out to separate slow/inexperienced skiers from the faster/competent ones.
snow report
@davidthornton, @ulmerhutte, fast is not competent, competent is not fast
if you think timid skiers are the problem, you probably need to become more timid yourselves.

@ulmerhutte, what then is your point? For now I'm only detecting machismo from your side. Timid skiers can never be the problem. Talking about arrogance!
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/SwmR5glWqq8
ski holidays
Langerzug wrote:
@davidthornton, @ulmerhutte, fast is not competent, competent is not fast
if you think timid skiers are the problem, you probably need to become more timid yourselves.

@ulmerhutte, what then is your point? For now I'm only detecting machismo from your side. Timid skiers can never be the problem. Talking about arrogance!

I told you that you missed the point - as usual.

I suspect you do not actually ski. You certainly do not seem to recognise the realities of skiing and one of those realities is that there will always be a mix of skiers out on the slopes; a mix in terms of competence, attitude, risk appetite, sober or otherwise, tired or full of energy, etc, etc. Resorts recognise that and, all things being equal, will try to design pistes, lift access & unload, etc to minimise the risk of accidents between skiers and skiers & hardware. They also try to design for convenience- where possible. Those 2 factors are evident in the decision to move the Madlochbahn load to that side of the lake. That was my point.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 3-08-21 11:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Actually the original plan was to relocate the new Madlochbahn base station adjacent to the Muggengratbahn but the new lift trajectory was a problem & permissions for new Avalanche barriers were unlikely to be granted ....

As for Ski Pistes.. They should STOP this environmental disaster !

This is what it looks like ..... Zurs Ski Race Piste Preparation..

STOP THE BRUTAL GROOMMING..
snow report
@stanton, ...... *burp*
snow conditions
Balmalpe

FYI

Summer 2022 & 2023

Arlberg Tunnel will be closed again for 6 & 5 months respectively..

There going to completely dig up the road & re-concrete & asphalt the entire tunnel

Traffic will be diverted over the ArlbergPaß ..which will make St Anton extremely busy with heavy vehicles & trucks.etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy