Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2021/2022 (Dec 3 - April 24)

Poster: A snowHead
@hamilton, My experience of Ischgl pre Christmas is that although there is often a fair amount open, cover can be thin, hard and wind blown. Storms and high winds are common too. I suppose the skiing is not that dissimilar to Tignes as it is mostly above the tree line.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only some dandruff in prospekt for the next 5 days....

Dominant tourist in town are from Netherlands..Sweden

English voices appear to be mostly Americans ..

Where are the Brits?

Germans Day trippers.. (Germany has relaxed status of Austria) so this may change..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergfex is forecasting a big dump on Wednesday.

https://www.bergfex.at/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergfex might be somewhat optimistic about temperatures…other forecasts are saying rain….
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folks next few days (into 2022) we will be
Seeing Spring/Summer temperatures estimated between 10-17C (high) ..

Water Skiing ....at best ..

The Dutch invasion of Austria continued right up until the Dec 25th Deadline ..... Now an estimated 500K now in Austria ..

January 10th (possible 5th lockdown) is stil
making all businesses nervous ..
Some Hotels have already cut losses and moved remaining customers to other places ..

Have fun in 2022
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Some Dandruff overnight ....

Still expecting +11C (min) and Rain in Arlberg on Thursday..

On one of the other threads here has been mentioned about 110 Brits turned away from Innsbruck Airport.. (may of been picked on ) because they are entering through the non Schengen gates .

You may want read this ..

https://www.wintersport.nl/forum/topic/526104
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What does it say? Is it quoting what Mückstein just said about their recent study about vaccination rates and who is not getting vaccinated? Or that the Belgian boxing world champion and vaccine denier sadly just died of Covid?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, if you had actually bothered to actually find out what is going on you would understand that the reason the British visitors were turned away was because their PCR tests did not comply with the latest iteration of the ever changing regulations (48 hours rather than 72 hours). Given it was Christmas it was not possible to get the test in the required time frame hence a number (not all some families were let through) were sent home. It would have been the same for Danes or Dutch.

As for the Dutch forum, much the same as here. Most people wanting to make sure they can have a holiday and a few wanting to work out ways they can get around the rules.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I seriously don't understand why folks bother to react/reply. Scaremongering and vane ideas.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heavy Rain lastnight & showers continue this morning....

Extreme mild Temperature into 2022.. +10-15C but full on blue skies and Sunshine...

Multiple British Chalet/Tourist Companies have quit St Anton ...so i presume it's the same in other ski areas ....

It would seem they were previously operating an exploitive (even if legal) employment contracts .. If they cannot continue to restructure (locally register) their business and employ EU Nationals ..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow coming ...

Corona numbers up ..

Corona Test Center very busy ..

Ski School ???? Check news
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, bit off topic but I couldn’t find a st Anton thread. I need a replacement liner for my boots. Could anyone point me in the direction of a good boot fitter in Anton. Thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mk28, Jennewein, just off the roundabout, towards Rendl.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great thanks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ski School Cluster Breakout ..

St Anton is not the first

Kirchberg has also bee affected..
snow conditions
mk28 wrote:
Great thanks

3 masters-of-their-craft work there (that I know): Roland, Mathias, and Geoff. All great guys and boot fitters.
latest report
@mk28, another +1 for the Jennewein guys, perfectionists, they won’t sell you what doesn’t fit, huge stocks…..good fun too……enjoy the schnapps!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 3-01-22 16:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@mk28

Also Markus @ Kamax Boots & More.

Gemeindegasse 4 - the road after the Sport Hotel and before the Gemeinde building in the Fussgange zone - downstairs in the shop.
latest report
Hey Folks

Finally some new boot dust today !

Bad news is that corona is closing vars & restuarants on a daily basis ...

Imminent Lockdown as early as this weekend ....

Weather the lifts remain operating is still not certain ...

We will find out tomorrow at 13:00hrs
CET

The Party was good while it lasted ...

Bring on 2022/23 season
ski holidays
@stanton, jemig wat ben jij een zeurpiet
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@mk28, another +1 for the Jennewein guys, perfectionists, they won’t sell you what doesn’t fit, huge stocks…..good fun too……enjoy the schnapps!

Would that be the schnapps that comes out of a plastic cola bottle and is brewed by one of the local farmers?

Many, many years ago when I worked there as a rep we had to settle up all the various accounts late on a Saturday night after all the guests had arrived, so I'd go to the lift pass office and sign a cheque for 100+ lift passes, then go to the ski school and sort out the bookings for the week, then the ski hire shop and ensure everything was sorted out there. At every stop we had to have a schapps or 2 once the work was done Embarassed It was made worse by the fact I probably hadn't eaten since midday. It was all the same schnapps from the same local farmer, always served from a reused drink bottle of some kind. Worryingly the lady in the ski pass office used to have a 2 litre fanta bottle, but it never seems to stay full for long. No idea how it was made or how strong it was Skullie Happy days!
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, jemig wat ben jij een zeurpiet

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 6-01-22 19:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Hi, Just wondering how busy it is there at the moment. Are the hotels full/empty or somewhere in between. Are restaurants/ bars at all busy? What is the outlook considering the progress of this variant.
snow report
@sah, Ha, yes and the bottle has no labels on it.....distilled within the town boundaries i'm sure.
latest report
Quote:
@stanton, Imminent Lockdown as early as this weekend ....

Weather the lifts remain operating is still not certain ...

We will find out tomorrow at 13:00hrs CET

What was the outcome?
latest report
@stanton, predictions seem a bit off again?
ski holidays
@Bod, no major changes!
snow report
I am due to arrive next Saturday. Everything will be just fine.
Didn't bother to pay any attention to scaremongering, it's a waste of time
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Season back on ....

Got to remember there is a deadline for
employees to vax ...

That is not going to happen .

So many (multiple apres/cafes/restuarants) will close early (February) ..

The goodnews is non vaxxed (locals,workers ) here have high levels of antibodies ..

Some Cold nights coming up !
ski holidays
It was never off, @stanton.
snow report
@stanton, the antibodies protect against the fines for not being vaxxed I suppose..... Not being vaxxed gets you enforced stays in unpleasant "illegal immigrant hotels" not a good idea whether Australia or Austria.
ski holidays
Anybody know which bars in St Anton are open/closed e.g Heustadl, Mooserwirt, KK etc. And is there any Apres ski happening?
snow report
xscreamer wrote:
Anybody know which bars in St Anton are open/closed e.g Heustadl, Mooserwirt, KK etc. And is there any Apres ski happening?

I will tell you for sure on Monday; we arrive Sunday night. I do however understand that it is table service only, so forget about dancing to Sweet Caroline, and I believe bars in town must close by 10pm. TBC
ski holidays
Where are the Brits??

They have completely dissappeard from town...

Litterally they have all gone
snow report
@stanton, blah blah…. rolling eyes
latest report
stanton wrote:
Where are the Brits??

They have completely dissappeard from town...

Litterally they have all gone

It appears you are down a crevasse so perhaps that’s the problem?

Lots of Brits here snowHead
ski holidays
ulmerhutte wrote:
xscreamer wrote:

I will tell you for sure on Monday; we arrive Sunday night. I do however understand that it is table service only, so forget about dancing to Sweet Caroline, and I believe bars in town must close by 10pm. TBC
Thanks have a great holiday, I'm hoping to get out there in March.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, look forward to some real reports and not the usual BS! Have a good one.
snow report
Good timing, it's snowing today and tomorrow and probably more next week.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@ulmerhutte, look forward to some real reports and not the usual BS! Have a good one.

indeed it would be good to have some accurate info Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy