Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying skis in Brexit times

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

For me despite it being a co.uk website it's pretty clear they are not UK based.

@Layne, +1
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have used Ekosport pre Brexit with absolutely no problems.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergzeit and some other large online retailers won‘t deal with UK based customers at the moment. Indeed, I‘ve had several requests from friends „back in Blighty‘ to source ski gloves etc for them (I‘m resident in Austria with a local account and delivery address) & bring them back when I visit..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simon94 wrote:
I know others on here have stated Ekosports have produced the goods for them, but did a quick review on them via other sites and the general consensus is bad with no customer service to contact if anything goes amiss as this Company although stating it is a UK site, is actually based out of France.

That's not my experience of Ekosport. I can only speak for myself and fellow climber/skier friends but there's a fair few I know.
I can confirm their customer service was great with me on the one occasion I had a drama.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never mind Brexit times, in corona times there are
Quote:
around 350,000 pairs of skis in the dealers' warehouses
in Austria alone, due to a lack of tourists to sell them to. Sales are down 95%. They will still be there next season – could you pick up a pair on your next trip?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just bought Fischer ranger 102s from Ekosport with Salomon Shift bindings.
They were the only place I could find the skis - maybe due to the factory fire last year - the price was good.
The skis and bindings arrived after a couple of weeks ... no duty and no VAT issues.
BUT - It seems like because I bought them not as a package they do not automatically mount the bindings - I had contacted them separately through their contact page - with mounting instructions - and got an auto acknowledgement each time.
I did later get an apologetic email from Ekosport - saying they had not been monitoring the contact form messages ...
So I have the skis and the bindings ... and I'm in contact with Jon to mount them ... maybe with QK.
But the return postage to Jon is £50 and as I'm not going to be using them this year and plan to get new boots as well when I can ... I'm not sure whether I'll get them sorted this year or just wait.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

They were the only place I could find the skis - maybe due to the factory fire last year - the price was good.

@PBJ, Did you go for the smoky grey graphics?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Markymark29, The Bright Blue ... reminds me a bit of my old Pocket Rockets Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

in Austria alone, due to a lack of tourists to sell them to. Sales are down 95%. They will still be there next season – could you pick up a pair on your next trip?

@Scarlet, Hoping for a dive into GAPA for Sport Conrad in August if we can get there on route to Anton, some bargains to be had methinks. Car going reasonably empty apart from bikes, coming back with all our ski gear from friends garage, and assorted goodies....if Tirol will let us in obvs! rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Markymark29, yes, you might well be right about the bargains, though apparently it's not quite as bad in the more populated areas – it's the resort shops that are suffering the most, as you'd expect, as they have absolutely no customers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet wrote:
Never mind Brexit times, in corona times there are
Quote:

Where's the stat from? Could be little in the way of bargains if the industry decides to hold on to them and just not reorder for last year although cashflow of course becomes critical. I do wonder if 21/22 ski models will be strictly "Limited edition"?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dave of the Marmottes, unlinkable local news feed. Found another one: https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3091418/
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, I’ll be paying my mate Martin a call at Jennewein....I agree it’s been tough for resort shops, carrying high stocks combined with low sales is not good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Scarlet, I’ll be paying my mate Martin a call at Jennewein....I agree it’s been tough for resort shops, carrying high stocks combined with low sales is not good.

Jon not already tapped you up now that you've shown a buy signal?......he's slipping! wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet wrote:
Quote:
in Austria alone......

Can't believe that stat at all. The vast majority of skis are made to dealer order and dealers were very cautious when placing their 20/21 orders back in March. And any dealers who subsequently thought that they'd gone too heavy had the opportunity to reduce their orders later in the year. I've got access to most of the major brands inventories via their B2B sites and it doesn't look like they're holding that much, especially as they're all completely sold out of any ski that's remotely suitable for skinning. The brands would probably have continued manufacturing during 2020 but only the carry-over models for 21/22.
snow conditions
@spyderjon, only reporting what the newspapers said, though I guess retailers could be bigging up the numbers to try and get more funds from govt?
snow conditions
Scarlet wrote:
@spyderjon, only reporting what the newspapers said, though I guess retailers could be bigging up the numbers to try and get more funds from govt?

That's what I thought and might be convenient if they've got all their obsolete stock from the last decade or so to chuck into the numbers if so.

Also did everyone really go all-in on stock buys for this winter? .
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
.......Also did everyone really go all-in on stock buys for this winter?.....

Some of us did on touring kit Cool - and I still didn't order enough rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy