Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

With the lack if skiing this winter (well, still a small chance to get on the mountain) and with the annual ski budget burning a hole in my pocket, I've decided on buy my own boots for the first time. Any tips for a first timer??

I think I remember asking this same question a few years back, and was informed of a Snowhead that has a ski equipment shop. Most advised to go see them to get boots sorted for a first class service. I think it was based in Derbyshire but that could be completely wrong. But if anyone knows, please shout. As soon as this lockdown is over I'll be heading out to buy them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Roscoe, you're probably thinking of @spyderjon - I don't know if he sells boots but why not drop him a PM?

I guess my only tip would be don't buy boots that are too stiff for your ability - but I'm well out of date (in every way) so best get prof advice....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't sell boots. It'll be CEM/Colin at Solutions4Feet in Bicester that you're thinking of. There's only one worthwhile tip and that's go and see a good boot fitter, ie Colin. But you'll have to await until the lockdown is lifted as he's closed at the moment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
I don't sell boots. It'll be CEM/Colin at Solutions4Feet in Bicester that you're thinking of. There's only one worthwhile tip and that's go and see a good boot fitter, ie Colin. But you'll have to await until the lockdown is lifted as he's closed at the moment.

Thanks @spyderjon!! I'll make a note of CEM's shop name and book in as soon as possible.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Roscoe, there are a very small number of boot fitters that are regularly recommended on snowheads. Where are you based ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’m in Bedfordshire but happy to travel as far as is needed.

Thought about buying them in resort, when I finally get to one, but that sounds risky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM it is then
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Resort vs Home
There are two schools of thought on if it's better to buy boots in resort or back at home.

In resort you can get out on the mountain right away and, if necessary be back in the shop later that day for an adjustment. If you buy at home you're sort of stuck with them for a week before you can get back to the shop for a tweak.

The flip side of course is if you get to week 4 before deciding you need a tweak. If you spread your ski love around you probably won't be in the same resort where you bought the boots, while if you bought at home you can always get to the selling shop.

In general it's the skill and knowledge of the boot fitter that matters most. If you have a place in resort X, so will be there a couple of times/season AND have a recommendation for a really good boot fitter in/near there then that would probably be the best option, as you have the best of both worlds. If you don't then someone recommended at home would probably be best. Given where you are that would probably be S4F as they're 'just down the road' from you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy