Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best tunes to ski to?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Someone told me they sang Night Fever when skiing moguls. Try it it works.
Headphones skiing is a really bad idea, apart from impacting balance being able to hear the sound of people around you and the snow is essential to your safety. Maybe just use them on the lift if you must.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got Aqualung stuck in my head at the moment.
Quote:

Do you still remember December's foggy freeze?
When the ice that clings on to your beard was screaming agony.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob wrote:
Someone told me they sang Night Fever when skiing moguls. Try it it works.
Headphones skiing is a really bad idea, apart from impacting balance being able to hear the sound of people around you and the snow is essential to your safety. Maybe just use them on the lift if you must.

+1 on that - you need to be able to hear and be heard when skiing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always the same on Snowheads, someone mentions music and you get a thread half full of Nelly No Nos whining about how dangerous it is Laughing

I've got a reasonably varied Spotify playlist I like to have playing, some tunes suit certain moments better so there's usually some skipping about in it. A number of the tracks come from ski movies (such as Kiss The Sky by Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra, which I think was in Days Of My Youth), or an acoustic version of The Wolves by Ben Howard which I first heard in Supervention.

Other tracks are things I decide might be okay backing for editing GoPro clips of the trip to, that includes Grillabeats' Trapanese and Seven by Tash Sultana. And finally, there's a bunch of tracks I feel really heighten the experience of skiing, The Trip by Still Corners is just a great tune for cruising a gentle blue as the sun sets, same goes for Enniscrone by Elaine Mai. Then there's other songs like We Are The People which are just chirpy and make even the most tedious drag lift quite a nice experience.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My son, a very good skier, borrowed my music one time he went out skiing on his own. It was an eclectic mix. He said he'd surprised himself by really enjoying "The Hallelujah Chorus" cruising down a nice red run with a magnificent view of Mont Blanc. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Always the same on Snowheads...
Yeah, you'd think that if they felt this was so evil and dangerous then they'd just stay away.
The idea that they may dissuade me from listening to music is... about as likely as them persuading me to use avalanche cords.
I'm amused that they want to listen to music on the lift, and not on the runs, where as I do precisely the opposite,

With online video, copyright means I use what I can scratch up from creative commons music, but it does have to be the sort of thing which to
me matches with the way I feel about the sport. Sometimes I'll watch other people's videos and the music matches their skiing even though
it's really not my kind of thing. I think music's pretty important I guess. I need to have the music before I can edit a video.

When I'm riding at resorts I mostly listen to noisy punk - US Bombs, The Ramones etc, The Strokes, Pixies and the
Rezillos, upon whom I tested my smart-back bottom ear defenders at a gig just pre-lockdown.

I remember when I first switched to using music clearly, because it made such a huge difference to the way I skied. That was Springsteen's "No Surrender",
for what it's worth, my first week on snow. I broke a ton of old fashioned Walkman toys, and even a Diskman. Eventually I bought an MP3 player in Vegas
at Comdex once they were available - working in technology has its advantages. I escaped from there to use it at Brian Head.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@philwig, see I don't really care too much about any ad revenue, so have no issues getting a message from Youtube that Sony or whoever are going to advertise on my videos. Actually a tidy way to link to the tunes Very Happy

I'm the same as you, if I'm skiing with people then I nearly always pause my music on the lift
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
My son, a very good skier, borrowed my music one time he went out skiing on his own. It was an eclectic mix. He said he'd surprised himself by really enjoying "The Hallelujah Chorus" cruising down a nice red run with a magnificent view of Mont Blanc. Laughing

There's something about that or the Ride of the Valkyries or Mars if it comes up on shuffle - you just have to up your game to not miss the serendipidity.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just been watching a skiing video on Youtube with the sound on the video muted. Instead I had on "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull whilst watching it. What a great track that would be to ski to, (if I listened to music when skiing; which I don't.)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
J5 has to be my fave-works best on a park day or in the lazy Spring sun
A bit of reggae can't hurt.
Quantic
The soundtrack from Absinthe's latest flick is always a winner-someone kindly put together a spotify playlist ("Absinthe Films"), which is huge so I end up shuffling quite a lot but it helped me discover a really varied mix of songs.
Focus-Hocus Pocus
Fuzz-Say Hello (you need to time your aggression for when it drops!)
Modest Mouse-Float On
The Specials
Santigold-I'm a Lady, Disparate Youth
Pharcyde
Biggie, Gang Starr, Mobb Deep
Motohead-Ace of Spades
CCR
Arctic Monkeys
Nirvana

And finally, and most surprisingly:-

Elton John-Tiny Dancer...!

Very Happy