Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bigfoot on skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some suggestions on ski for 48 yrs 6'8" 275lb intermediate skier

Live in the NorthWest and now ski mostly front side but may ever once in a while go off trail.

Looking for a fun ski that has some pop to it out of the turns

Do not want to go wider than 88mm waist, not a huge fan

I have demo'ed several skis, but not able to get 185+ lengths to demo. Really liked the Blizzard Braham 88 and Nordica Navigator 85ti. The Volkl Kendo felt very dead

Any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@theDogger, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'm afraid I can't help you with your request for ski suggestions, hopefully some more knowledgeable sHs will be along shortly.

Incidentally I guess you are located in the US. snowHeads is a UK based forum (although several regular posters live outside the UK) so when you said you live in the Northwest I was pretty sure you weren't referring to Cumbria Laughing . I see you gave your location as CDA, would that be Coeur d'Alene Idaho? A nice location, do you ski mainly in Idaho itself or across the border in Washington state?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink wrote:

I see you gave your location as CDA, would that be Coeur d'Alene Idaho? A nice location, do you ski mainly in Idaho itself or across the border in Washington state?

Could be CanaDA...

How many would recognise CDA as a location?

Ever fancied Pointless, Alastair? Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergmeister wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

I see you gave your location as CDA, would that be Coeur d'Alene Idaho? A nice location, do you ski mainly in Idaho itself or across the border in Washington state?

Could be CanaDA...

True, for some reason I just thought it would be a US location, mainly because the OP gave their weight in lbs (and height in feet and inches). As far as I'm aware Canada is metric so weight would be in kgs....

How many would recognise CDA as a location?

Bergmeister wrote:
Ever fancied Pointless, Alastair? Puzzled Toofy Grin

I think Mastermind would be more my style, my lack of knowledge of modern popular music beat combos, TV soaps and sport would I fear let me down on Pointless! Toofy Grin

A bit off topic, but on Mastermind on the general knowledge section I usually average about 10 questions correctly answered. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:

I'm afraid I can't help you with your request for ski suggestions, hopefully some more knowledgeable sHs will be along shortly.

Incidentally I guess you are located in the US. snowHeads is a UK based forum (although several regular posters live outside the UK) so when you said you live in the Northwest I was pretty sure you weren't referring to Cumbria Laughing . I see you gave your location as CDA, would that be Coeur d'Alene Idaho? A nice location, do you ski mainly in Idaho itself or across the border in Washington state?

Correct CDA= Coeur d' Alene, Id. Honestly was not paying attention to where this forum is based. But as far as skiing goes do not really ski Washington, venture more to the East to Montana(BigSky, Red Lodge) and Wyoming (Jackson Hole, Teton Village.) Skiing is much better Very Happy

But thanks Ill find another Forum State side

Cheers!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brahma and Navigator are both popular choices. Can't see you'd go far wrong with either.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:
... for some reason I just thought it would be a US location

The signature block is a bit of a giveaway.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

good thing this isn't the TGR forum otherwise a signature block like that would have been torn to pieces by now...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Coeur d'Alene - what a cracking name for a Town !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

I honestly hadn't noticed it. Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:
Coeur d'Alene - what a cracking name for a Town !!

The origin of the name dates back to French fur traders: https://www.coeurdalene.org/play/history-heritage/ Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
theDogger,

You are most welcome to stay here. We have some regular posters from the USA and there's lots of discussion about US skiing.

Some of us ski over there a lot! wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink wrote:
rjs wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

I honestly hadn't noticed it. Smile

Wow! Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bergmeister, I don't look at most people's signatures to be honest, just read the post. Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Bergmeister, I don't look at most people's signatures to be honest, just read the post. Laughing

I wasn't wowing your comment wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy