Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dec. outbound flight cancelled

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
EJ has cancelled my Fri flight, so now left with a whole load of options.
Weekend around 11th Dec for a week.
Originally booked Innsbruck & Mayrhofen. Not sure if I can move accommodation yet.
Options are now flying
Sun-Sun to Innsbruck
Sat-Sat to Salzburg
Something else

Any suggestions? If I can move accomodation, then I could keep original plans.
Otherwise I am thinking Zell am See
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did they give a reason why they cancelled it? I would have thought they would have at least offered you an alternative?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmycb5 wrote:
Did they give a reason why they cancelled it? I would have thought they would have at least offered you an alternative?

nope, no reason. This was from Bristol & annoyingly the following week Friday flight is still on sale
My options are to rebook the sunday or cancel for voucher or refund.
I cant move my hotel room unless I pay double my original booking! So that is out. Luckily I cancel for free!

Leaning to Salzburg now... Zell for 4 nights & back to Salz for 3
Salz will tick the xmas market/vibe box for her
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take the refund, and book flights between major airports, on an airline that has plenty of daily flights, and thus has viable alternatives if one is cancelled.

Or, replace your cancelled flight from a minor airport, with another minor airport flight, and risk exactly the same thing again.

I'm sure I recall a whole thread about this Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr.Egg, be very very careful with the KLM options. I'm off to Sweden on Sunday and I looked into the KLM option. However, the NL gov are insisting on a letter to clear the Shengen border to say that the destination gov have to give you a letter of guaranteed entry. Now, this is crazy because you are already in Shengen but that is the crazy rules.

Without that guarantee I would be rejected. This is because some countries have. ban on the UK visitors except in exceptional circumstances.

https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/travel/visas-for-the-netherlands/airport-transit-visa
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops, we flew through Amsterdam twice this summer to Switzerland. We only needed our vaccine certs as that’s what the Swiss required. The Dutch border guys have a table with what’s required to enter various EU countries and they check you’ve got what’s needed - you don’t need a letter or anything- just whatever you’d need if you were flying there direct.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi @Mr.Egg,
Have you thought about going by train?

Zell is on the line from Salzbourg.

You can spend many a happy hour looking at permutations of getting there .. check out Seat61.com there are some great bargains if you book ahead. with Deutcher Bahn
Mind you you hair to get from Bristol to London first Smile ?? Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry I just read your post again...
How about a flight to Zurich ?
from there you can get a direct train to Jenbach then a bus up the valley.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No zurich with easyjet. Geneva or Basel.
Looking at flying into Salzburg. Would like to go to Schladming, but worried it is quite low for mid-dec, so will prob settle on the Saalbach-Zell-Kaprun links
Zell will tick Xmas markets, so I could book an extra ski night Toofy Grin
Kaprun will gurantee skiing but would need the extra night in Salz for xmas markets
Saalbach because I would prefer it over Zell & Kaprun!

I may look at Innsbruck again & Kitzbuhel, but TBH Innsbruck hotels are expensive for the weekend returning home due to luge world cup.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy from embsay wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, we flew through Amsterdam twice this summer to Switzerland. We only needed our vaccine certs as that’s what the Swiss required. The Dutch border guys have a table with what’s required to enter various EU countries and they check you’ve got what’s needed - you don’t need a letter or anything- just whatever you’d need if you were flying there direct.

Yep that is the point for Sweden. No one is guaranteed to get in. UK is banned just now unless there are special skills.

I'm hopeful that a Dr of Biology going to work in a hospital to train staff is a good enough reason. Happy

Either that or it is overnight in the airport and an expensive flight back.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GlasgowCyclops, ah, ok - but I assume the OP is going somewhere UK folks are allowed in, in which case they just need to consider entry requirements for where they’re going.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@andy from embsay, Good point Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy