Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2022 ski all season for free

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

The witch is back

Laughing Wouldn't want to disappoint, @nixmap. Surprised that after all this time there are still so few people who want to do this job again, or recommend it to their friends, that you have to keep coming on snowheads looking for fresh victims. Why DID you post a tacky photo of a snowprick at the head of this new thread?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, always wondered what the w stood for wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adithorp wrote:
@pam w, always wondered what the w stood for wink

NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck with this, its not for me but will work really well for the right person(s).

It amazes me the vitriol you get every year over this. If people think its dodgy then no one is forcing you to do it.

Is it any different to an eco builder scouring the globe for volunteers to help them build a house and only feed them for their efforts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nixmap wrote:
Sometime its worth taking a little risk.....

After all you only live Onesey Cool

Our last volunteer project before lock down

we worked hard on this....

Reasonably well done, good effort, although I actually shoot the continuity manager, that parachute backpack was on. then off. then on. then off more times than Nixmap's volunteers underwear at one of their infamous apres ski parties.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As someone that has worked in similar situations (no pay but bed and meals) I really can't see the issue. It's a pretty normal workaway kind of deal. It's certainly not for everyone, but can be mutually beneficial for both parties when done right.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="t4tomo"]
nixmap wrote:
Sometime its worth taking a little risk.....

After all you only live Onesey Cool

Our last volunteer project before lock down

Reasonably well done, good effort, although I actually shoot the continuity manager, that parachute backpack was on. then off. then on. then off more times than Nixmap's volunteers underwear at one of their infamous apres ski parties.

The onesey i already had i didn't have an orange back pack rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gilberts Fridge wrote:

It amazes me the vitriol you get every year over this

well that's because there are too many witches, bitches in masques, and pink retentive guys just waiting for their chance to save others from themselves, mainly for self aggrandisement of their online image.

Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+ too many trolls
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@nixmap,
Quote:

mainly for self aggrandisement of their online image.

Lol. I respectfully direct you to the following saying: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/he_who_smelt_it_dealt_it
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boarder2020 wrote:
As someone that has worked in similar situations (no pay but bed and meals) I really can't see the issue. It's a pretty normal workaway kind of deal. It's certainly not for everyone, but can be mutually beneficial for both parties when done right.

I can't see the issue either.
Not officially earning a living or paying rent is the deal most snowboarders have with their girlfriends isn't it? Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:

I can't see the issue either.
Not officially earning a living or paying rent is the deal most snowboarders have with their girlfriends isn't it? Toofy Grin wink

True.

What do you call a male snowboarder without a girlfriend?

Homeless.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
+ too many trolls

yeah well you've been trying the same line since 2008 and its exactly your fault i even first posted here

it was your humble troll that started the whole saga

the only reason i even responded

so look in the mirror.

I never initiated a thread here....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's not a troll if it's an honest opinion.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's not a troll if it's an honest opinion.

An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit a response.
It took you less than 3 posts to do exactly that.
Pretty clear evidence that the whole tone from that moment on was set in the thread for years.
You cannot escape the facts, Dave.

It is you, not me

Your behaviour lets the whole forum down and encourages others to behave the same way.
ski holidays
Boo hoo. Who the feck was I trolling by commenting on a thread posted on another continent when I genuinely didn't know if that was itself a spoof/troll? You weren't even a member of the forum at the time so it wasn't you.

And I still actually don't know what your game is beyind provoking an annual dust up around your "offer".

You seem unusually touchy this year for someone with the hind of a rhino. Not everything perfect in the world of perfect people?
ski holidays
Boo hoo. Who the feck was I trolling by commenting on a thread posted on another continent when I genuinely didn't know if that was itself a spoof/troll? You weren't even a member of the forum at the time so it wasn't you.

And I still actually don't know what your game is beyind provoking an annual dust up around your "offer".

You seem unusually touchy this year for someone with the hind of a rhino. Not everything perfect in the world of perfect people?

It's not about me being touchy it's about your behaviour setting the tone for the forum.
You reap what you sow, and as a long standing poster and contributer your "boo hoo" response again serves to illustrate how little you appreciate that a more constructive approach and an othered centered attitude would lift and engage others to openly participate.
ski holidays
Yo.......BIG Mo hooker here. I am just the blood you is asking for, Theres a reason they call me mo hooker, I got some sweet ass bitches.
Me and you got the same views man, get them little mo fo's working them booties in CH. word on street there's some serious Benjamin's exchanging hands in your hood, I'm down for some of that. My bitches do your s hit in the day and my s hit at night bro. we get em working 25/8 bro.
Next man tells me you throw some wild Ass party's over in CH, we'll set up a pole and get them grinding their booties. I got supplies for your party's over Euro sides, straight from Colombia, you know what I'm saying bro,
you got some game in this exploitation s hit, you been winter pimping for years and stayed ahead of the 5-0, you my hero bro. we gotta set this up now man
latest report
@nixmap, Hi flower snowHead No I'm not going to piddle in yer porridge, it's up to t'others t'workout t'cost, benefit, legal liabilities inherent in the post . . .
Though weirdly I am beginning to understand its attraction. I do meet and exceed the functionality of the offer, though obviously aware of the ramifications if it goes titsup . . . however, I do make seriously good puds and my cheesecakes are only excelled by my bread n butter puddings. . . and as fer my Burbon maple butterscotch syrup . . . hehehehe

But it does boil down to . . . Do I want to spend a winter skivvying for an upmarket chav or boiling my plums in hot Vicks?

I'll go for the "vaporub" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:
+ too many trolls

yeah well you've been trying the same line since 2008 and its exactly your fault i even first posted here

so look in the mirror.

Come on, you wouldn’t have had all this fun if he and @arv hadn’t posted. Surely you owe him a thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
And surely with all that cash you should have upgraded from your Gstaad satellite to somewhere with some decent skiing by now?
ski holidays
Best of luck. I've never understood the fuss over your offer, but I was out at "cleaning"
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Best of luck. I've never understood the fuss over your offer, but I was out at "cleaning"

+1
ski holidays
I know a couple who travel to far away places to labour unpaid, food supplies and living in provided tents or caravans.

That do this not for charity but to help some stranger build extremely eco houses.

This is apparently quite normal in those circles.

Nobody complains of slavery and work permits or bangs on about economic injustices.

Nixy is very upfront about what he wants, it seems that every year somebody accepts.

I'm always surprised that we don't get a report from the person...BUT if it was a nightmare I am quite sure that we would.
I guess that it goes well and Nixy says "please respect our privacy and don't report" and because it did go well that is done.
snow report
I quite enjoy reading these threads every year, because in the main, there's a lot of jokey banter, obviously some of it goes further than that, but i'd like to think a lot of it is fairly harmless.

In a year or two's time when the girlfriend and I both take sabbaticals, I'd genuinely consider an offer like this.

So @nixmap, put me down as an interested party for 2022/23 or 2023/24 if it's still going ahead then.
latest report
rungsp wrote:
I know a couple who travel to far away places to labour unpaid, food supplies and living in provided tents or caravans.

That do this not for charity but to help some stranger build extremely eco houses.

This is apparently quite normal in those circles.

Nobody complains of slavery and work permits or bangs on about economic injustices.

What's the quid pro quo - that they are hoping to avail themselves of such community labour in the future? Or they are just really devoted to the eco house cause?

I'm sure such a community is not above exploitation by someone sufficiently ruthless. "Thanks for you free labour I'm off to flog the result to some tech savant"

I'm sure nix is a lovely chap in person but after a promising start 13 years ago taking things in relatively good humour he does of late seem to have reverted to hiding any positive aspects of his personality under a giant bushel. Still doesn't make it easy for anyone genuinely interested to do appropriate due dilligence on his "offer".
latest report
nixmap wrote:
+ too many trolls

so look in the mirror.

Nix does have a point...

I do find this annual thread amusing, particularly people getting so worked up about it.
snow conditions
Quote:

It's not about me being touchy it's about your behaviour setting the tone for the forum

Laughing How would you know about the "tone" of a forum to which you never contribute outside your own narrow interest? There are plenty of positive threads, lots of good nature, valuable information, genuine empathy and support and a lot of laughs. Do you ever wonder why your occasional forays attract some hostility? You are most certainly "touchy"; most of us give and take but you just take. In all the years you've popped up here you have never shared anything - to hear about how such an arrangement can work best, what goes wrong, what goes right, would be genuinely interesting. If you just insist it's all spiffing and everyone always has a ball, and you all stay wonderful mates forever, you can expect some scepticism, if not downright derision.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp wrote:

I'm always surprised that we don't get a report from the person...BUT if it was a nightmare I am quite sure that we would.
I guess that it goes well and Nixy says "please respect our privacy and don't report" and because it did go well that is done.

Or that Josef Fritzl was the engineer that put in a nice "wine cellar"

It is though a very fair offer, especially if the individual/s were freelancers / could remote work it could work quite nicely - there is something that feels a bit "clandestine" about it all - but understandable if the OP is a HNWI or PEP
ski holidays
Quote:

understandable if the OP is a HNWI

Does that mean Reeely Rich? If I were cleaning the loos for a RR person I'd expect to be paid. People volunteering on projects such as sustainable housing, or vaccine centres, or teaching refugees English or saving turtles do so because they think they are supporting a good cause.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

understandable if the OP is a HNWI

Does that mean Reeely Rich? If I were cleaning the loos for a RR person I'd expect to be paid. People volunteering on projects such as sustainable housing, or vaccine centres, or teaching refugees English or saving turtles do so because they think they are supporting a good cause.

Not everyone who has / or made money is generous with it - some people with large balances still remain very frugal, maybe the OP sees it as a benefit in kind - I thought I read in an earlier years post that there was an NDA that people signed - maybe the OP doesn't want to attract people because of who they are so this way they are not attracting people that are seeking monetary / other types of gains given their status. - They may very well offer some form of compensation salary or nice bonus at the end - but its all kept hush hush.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

It's not about me being touchy it's about your behaviour setting the tone for the forum

Laughing How would you know about the "tone" of a forum to which you never contribute outside your own narrow interest?

I'm fairly sure you've said this before and I'm likewise fairly sure I've suggested before that it isn't true. Nix has contributed on other threads where he had relevant info to share, and the observant may have noticed he was on the "almost certainly" list for attendance on a BASH (that sadly ended up cancelled). He may be reading lots of threads but only posting when he feels has something useful to add wink
latest report
Quote:

only posting when he feels has something useful to add

If we all did that Snowheads would be finished within a week Laughing

I enjoy this annual thread, always wondered why no-one has done a second year? Who knows maybe it's just sharing the love around
snow report
Boris wrote:
Quote:

only posting when he feels has something useful to add

If we all did that Snowheads would be finished within a week Laughing

I enjoy this annual thread, always wondered why no-one has done a second year? Who knows maybe it's just sharing the love around

They have. There's not been a thread every year.
latest report
@Masque, you do know that you can buy Vicks in CH Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, have you just outed yourself? So how charming and lovely is he in person then? What's it actually like adminstering the goat orgies and clean up in the bowels of the Hellfire Club (CH chapter)?
snow report
He'll never tell - The only thing tighter than the latex uniforms provided is the NDA.
snow report
@sugarmoma666, have you just outed yourself? So how charming and lovely is he in person then? What's it actually like adminstering the goat orgies and clean up in the bowels of the Hellfire Club (CH chapter)?

Beat me to it Cool
snow report
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142703#3387242

No 2019 thread.
snow conditions
Perhaps the "Live aboard opportunity for private heli ski refuge in BC sounds" which was advertised towards the end of the 2019/20 season was seeking a replacement for somebody who had been living aboard earlier in the season. But as we never hear how any of these things go, we shall probably never know. That would be an interesting trip report. When Snowheads post about their fabulous skiing exploits in place like the Lofoten Islands, or the Swiss Alps, there is usually an appreciative audience and a positive response.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy