Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2022 ski all season for free

Poster: A snowHead
halfhand wrote:
Tom Doc wrote:
@nixmap, You could do it, and Admin might well know that you're also Nixmap, but he might not. If he did I'd expect him to be discreet. There's no reason anyone else on the bash would know.

Unless nix is instantly recognisable (footballer, popstar, minor royalty, media mogul etc..) Laughing Laughing

None of the above, but given the generally antagonistic responses from some of you (thankfully not all) - my preference for some seclusion is entirely straightforward and by no means sinister.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nixmap, I really don't think you'd have a problem on a Bash - people are never as rude in person as they are behind a keyboard. You might even get an apology or two! But using a different Snowheads account would be an easy way to do it if you do want to join a bash.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tom Doc wrote:
@nixmap, I really don't think you'd have a problem on a Bash - people are never as rude in person as they are behind a keyboard. You might even get an apology or two! But using a different Snowheads account would be an easy way to do it if you do want to join a bash.

I will think about it, the location is always a bit far as well though
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nixmap wrote:
Tom Doc wrote:

I will think about it, the location is always a bit far as well though

Rebel bash at Nixmap’s place? Free accommodation as long as you do the chores. High time there was a Swiss based bash...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BobinCH wrote:
High time there was a Swiss based bash...

especially this year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Extremophile wrote:
Skimum1 wrote:
@Extremophile, people are entitled to express an opinion on something they find morally unpleasant, and to call out inappropriate behaviour when they see it. It strikes me as taking advantage of one's wealth and privileged situation to offer little but accommodation in exchange for this open ended commitment. Live in staff in central London are paid a full wage with only a slight discount even though their accommodation is included. Even au pairs are paid something! A decent person would be offering some kind of pay for this arrangement. I suspect the insults are sparked by some of the more dubious remarks/pictures above. That is the way of the internet...

I didn't say they weren't entitled to their opinion or to express it, i'm just amazed at the amount of effort people put in to doing so every year even though their opinion clearly hasn't changed and is still available to be read on this forum. And I just can't help but question the logic of ''calling out inappropriate behaviour'' (as you put it), by exhibiting inappropriate behaviour themselves.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything here. We're all adults and maybe what nixmap is offering appeals to someone, somewhere - maybe the individual(s) who take the offer get massive tips from owner and/or friend visits - either way, whoever takes up the offer knows what they're doing and can freely choose not to do it just as they can freely choose to do it. So I can't see why everyone seems to find it their duty to be so morrally enraged by it.

And there's me thinking the snow prick was a piece of art... who is to say what art is afterall.

I think it was a masterpiece, this has now become an annual event. Each one gets bigger than the last. Snow prick is not the term we use, we prefer snow d**khead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Clearly, the OP hasn't got any takers so needs to bump the thread for attention.

Getting some popcorn...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 28-09-21 23:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should be inundated now there are no more Chalet/instructor jobs surely?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought the term 'snow dickhead' had been trademarked by the SCGB wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@spyderjon, Laughing
Have they taken SnowTw4ts yet?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
In all the years you've popped up here you have never shared anything - to hear about how such an arrangement can work best, what goes wrong, what goes right, would be genuinely interesting. If you just insist it's all spiffing and everyone always has a ball, and you all stay wonderful mates forever, you can expect some scepticism, if not downright derision.

I think Pam has a valid point here. If we were to hear positive feedback from some of Nixmap's previous victims then he might garner some sympathy, but I guess they've had to sign some lengthy NDA?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jellylegs wrote:
pam w wrote:
In all the years you've popped up here you have never shared anything - to hear about how such an arrangement can work best, what goes wrong, what goes right, would be genuinely interesting. If you just insist it's all spiffing and everyone always has a ball, and you all stay wonderful mates forever, you can expect some scepticism, if not downright derision.

I think Pam has a valid point here. If we were to hear positive feedback from some of Nixmap's previous victims then he might garner some sympathy, but I guess they've had to sign some lengthy NDA?

Thats completely up to the individuals. I suspect they remain private for fear of you lot.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH wrote:

so where is it, France is too far and far from pleasant. Austria I could tolerate.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nixmap wrote:
. . . you only live Onesey

Nice wedeln; on the other hand, really appalling continuity errors; bleeuurgh fetch me a bucket.
That backpack appears/then disappears, with almost every cut.
So the name’s Bond; James Smith.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Desperate bumping. No one paying you enough attention? Oh well enjoy your free advert.

Oh and how exactly are you going to help British citizens stay as your guests/ slaves for over 90 days?
ski holidays
nixmap wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

so where is it, France is too far and far from pleasant. Austria I could tolerate.

I think the point was that you would host it in one of your luxury chalets as a thank you to the sH community for all the warmth, help and support we provide you in your annual recruitment drive!
snow report
I bet my son wishes his cooking skills were up to scratch. He's hoping to head to the Alps this winter to do a season starting in a couple of weeks by attempting an Anwarter course in Austria.

When will folks realise that admittedly this 'arrangement' always suits @nixmap, but there are often others that it might suit as well, even if not you. Cool
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:

When will folks realise that admittedly this 'arrangement' always suits @nixmap, but there are often others that it might suit as well, even if not you. Cool

From day one, in my case. Each to his own.
ski holidays
Winter is coming. The central heating has just gone on, the leaves are turning, the OktoberTest is just over a week away, Strictly and Bake Off have started, and SnowHeads are appalled by nixmap's attempted catering arrangements.

It gives me a warm feeling that things appear to be back to normal this year.
latest report
Riccardo wrote:
Winter is coming. The central heating has just gone on, the leaves are turning, the OktoberTest is just over a week away, Strictly and Bake Off have started, and SnowHeads are appalled by nixmap's attempted catering arrangements.

It gives me a warm feeling that things appear to be back to normal this year.

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy