Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste awareness with Xavier de le Rue and crew

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to start
https://www.altitudeskischool.com/avalanche-safety/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent panel and session

Weak layers

Logan was fascinated by the Dunning-Kruger effect
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BobinCH, do you know if there's a recording available?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I watched it as well. It was good session. They mentioned 147 cases of people got into avalanche in that a single week, did not get was it in whole Alpes or Swiss only.
So yes, its been very bad beginning of the season and after all that sand its going to be even worse.

Ive seen they recorded the meeting, not sure if they are going to share it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno wrote:
@BobinCH, do you know if there's a recording available?

They will post it on YouTube - follow altitude on one if their social media channels for the links when they pos them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ed48 wrote:
I watched it as well. It was good session. They mentioned 147 cases of people got into avalanche in that a single week, did not get was it in whole Alpes or Swiss only.

Air Glaciers is Swiss based and covers Valais and Central CH only I think? The story of their founding is well worth a read:
https://www.air-glaciers.ch/qui-sommes-nous-off
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH wrote:

I'm sure it's been done but it would be interesting to see a plot of deaths along that curve. With the numbers of guided groups being taken I wonder if there would be a right side bias.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

I'm sure it's been done but it would be interesting to see a plot of deaths along that curve. With the numbers of guided groups being taken I wonder if there would be a right side bias.

One of the interesting comments during the session was the guide saying that this year is crazy in that very experienced, comparatively low risk people are getting caught. It was like, throw out all your past assumptions about safe spots, and assume anything could go (and go big). It’s fair to say they were all quite freaked out about this season
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy