Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pins and needles in toes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got some Lange RX 100 boots, skied in about 14 days so they should be a litle packed down by now.
My right boot is very hard to get on because they're a tight fit - I have to pull the tongue out a long way to be able to slide in.
I'm using custom footbeds and thin socks.
I can basically ski with the 2 lower buckels loose all the time as they are snug but I'm getting pins and needles in my right foot after about 30mins. Loosening the lower leg buckle helps it a bit so I'm guessing this is an issue with room on the top of the foot?
Would it be best to try and soften and remould these or grind out the inside bottom a bit?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Given you have custom footbeds you must have had them professionally fitted in a shop right?

Any reason you can't take them back to be checked/amended?

You know how to put ski boots on the correct way? That could be an issue.

Bottom two buckles should be finger push tight, no more. If you have that, which it sounds like you do and the pins and needles are in the lower foot area then it does sound like a fitting issue.

A shop should certainly be able to address it - it's much easier to expand out a boot than to contract it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No longer in the place I bought the boots, and the footbeds are from a previous shop from my first boots so all different places Smile
The boots are snug enough that I don't even really need to do up the bottom buckles but I do them up lower leg bucklefirst, then top leg, then the foot buckles.
I could take them to a shop sure, just wondering what it might be and whether I can diy anything say with the shell...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What are the boots like with the original footbeds? :: I had a similar problem using new boots with old custom footbeds ; ended up binning to customs ones and just using the originals..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am not a boot fitter but it sounds like it could be that they are cutting circulation a bit. It could also be lack of flexibility in the calf/ankle. Not sure if that model has removable spoilers. If it does, try taking those out and see if it helps
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some footbeds are thicker than others, the orange superfeet is thicker the blue one.
Trying the ones that came with the boots sounds a good idea to start with.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
could also try heating the thermofit liner again in the oven once to see if ithelps. If not then shell adjustment?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to a bootfitter, I wish, as a bootfitter i could offer advice on the Internet of Things, these guys (above) seem well handy though!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pins and needles is a blood supply issue, as @Arno, says circulation. To put it another way, your boots are ill fitting.

I don't believe this will be a liner/footbed issue or resolved that way - not if you think about logically.

So I think shell adjustment and therefore a boot fitter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could be the top buckle and power strap acting like a tourniquet and cutting off the blood to your foot. You should be able to loosen the buckle until it improves. It's a bit weird that there is such a difference between your feet, so a remould/tweek could also be in order. I had a similar thing and found that a booster strap helped me to have my boots looser but still retain control. It was fairly simple to fit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tingling can be due to nerve or vessel compression (or cold). My wife's feet went numb due to the plastic on the bottom of the tongue of her bootliner pressing into her nerves. Was a pretty easy fix once we'd worked it out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CanuckSki, where about’s are the pin/needles - that may help tell you where the pressure point is likely to be (not always obvious e.g. the outside of the big toe is a different nerve from the inside/next toes, and they take different routes through your leg/foot) e.g https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Peripheral-nerve-crushing-to-relieve-chronic-pain-Nagasaki-Obara/e3d8b08d19d18d3f5150dfcdb659f8616b26169f/figure/0
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy