Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Fifty - 27 - Mt Moran

Poster: A snowHead
I know we’ve discussed Cody Townsend’s project before but I just caught up with the last few. I watched 27 on the treadmill. Nothing inspires me to get fit more than this. It is an utterly brilliant trip.
They skin across a frozen lake towing camping gear on kids sledges. It’s a national park so no skidoos. Camp at the bottom of this huge couloir, get up at 1 am to climb it to be ready to descend at 9am ish then hoon down it in great snow, skinning out across the lake 30 mins later.

I just watched it and thought THAT is what I want to be doing

http://youtube.com/v/cgM2YLFtKKY
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got to work on The Fifty in a few occasions. Cody is such a cool guy...down to earth and just all-round great skier.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nice!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thought I'd seen them all but don't recall that one. Gives me a good excuse to check it out later!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oh it's a treat. ENjoy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a great series.

@Charlieehr I'm trying not to be nosey, but failing! In what capacity did you work on them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jedster have you seen zabardast? Sounds like you would enjoy it, it's on YouTube. Also Nikolai schirmer and cham lines on YouTube have good stuff. Then all the south lines videos are kind of similar style too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tom Doc, I do music and sound design Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlieehr wrote:
@Tom Doc, I do music and sound design Smile

Cool. Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boarder2020 wrote:
@jedster have you seen zabardast? Sounds like you would enjoy it, it's on YouTube. Also Nikolai schirmer and cham lines on YouTube have good stuff. Then all the south lines videos are kind of similar style too.

thanks - will check them out
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just re watched whole series so far , good lockdown viewing

uk Mtb variant here

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-riding-all-of-scotlands-282-munro-mountains.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm a bit obsessed with Giant Steps couloir in the Easter Sierra after that episode. Even though both the up and the down are probably well beyond my abilities

The comments at 9.37 sum up the rewards of this sort of this though

http://youtube.com/v/NrDCgtMoPaY?t=572
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been working with Nikolai as well...We just finished the new episode of the series (literally like 30 minutes ago) It is super cool I think, The drone shots are amazing.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 19-02-21 10:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah Nikolai is awesome. Just don't expect the kind of professionalism and safety focus you get in the 50 project, he seems much more happy taking risks. (Perhaps that's just the image he likes to give off and behind the scenes is a little different, I suspect the danger element does generate more clicks).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nikolai and his latest series , nok is great he comes across well on video , but defo car crash element to some of his skiing
snow report
The new episode here... Interesting enough there is a deeper insight on the safety aspects of his skiing on this episode.
http://youtube.com/v/oSJXbmeSqtY
snow conditions
I love the 50 project, have enjoyed watching them so far.

There's a British ski instructor that teaches out of Avoriaz that is doing a similar thing inspired by Cody based around the Portes du Soleil which is worth checking out.

On Facebook, the guys page is called Treble Edit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy