Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 weeks with 1.5 year old Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have read quite a few posts on a similar theme but wanted to ask some specifics around Morzine.

We have the opportunity to take 4 weeks off work next year (2022) and we would love to spend 4 weeks living in the resort both for the skiing and for the experience. Our little girl will be 1.5 years old by then and I wanted to ask:

1) Any advice on this situation i.e. skiing will not be enjoyable knowing you need to get back for the little one - being honest as she is our first we do not know what a 1.5-year-old would be like in this situation
2) Any recommendations for nanny vs childcare
3) Book it on my own (nanny/ childcare/ accommodation) vs going through Marc Warner and other companies?

Any help/ advice will be greatly appreciated. This is something we have always wanted to do but we would like to go into it with our eyes open.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I raised Midget I there until he was 2 and we go back loads as we have a place there and I’ve had two wines so.... buckle in.

It’s brilliant, you will regret nothing, I have several nannies who live there year round that I recommend. We used to do 4/5hr ski blocks but we honestly could have done all day + apres as the midgets LOVE the nannies.

Book a chalet or apartment for yourselves don’t bother going with a catered set up- so many restaurants deliver now and you can get cleaners etc. to pop in too.

A car will be helpful if you want to pop to Annecy or similar for a day trip and to do a decent shop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @paulored, welcome.

Our experience back whenever (based on one daughter) was that if she is used to childcare she will slot right in. She will have a different adventure to you, but it will work. Personally (and as I said, the sample is n=1) if it is a nanny for the one child I would go for a nursery, small kids do have a social life!

The other hand, you will need to be cool about her spending most time indoors. Seems odd to us skiers, but a little one has had sensory overload after half an hour in the snow and wants to return to a familiar indoor environment. Enjoy it, even that little bit will start her on the path and before you know she will be skiing better than you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@paulored, great advice from @Nadenoodlee, re the nannies. We had a chalet in Les Gets till a couple of years ago and used to have extended visits from our daughter (and younger son but not such long trips) and her children when they were babies. She hired nannies by the day, week etc and they were brilliant with the children.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would agree that it is a no brainer, get out and enjoy it as you probably wont get the chance to do a block like this for a few years again.
Definitely get in touch with @Nadenoodlee, regarding good nannies as they can make all the difference.
Not that we had a chance to do a four week block, but we had a fantastic Nanny when ours was a nipper, came back to freshly baked cakes too.
Its a shame that she now is a very successful business woman as I would recommend her to anyone.....@Nadenoodlee, !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My twins didn't know what planet they were on when they were that age, she'll be completely oblivious to the whole thing. If you can sort out some kind of creche, then I think she'd enjoy the company of other children.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Chattonmill, oh thank you, they were good times indeed. I shan’t even ask how good a skier he is now as I’m pretty sure he could outski me at 8yr old!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nadenoodlee, It's quite scary how good he is, did some racing for a bit, but prefers freeskiing as there is too much waiting around during practice.
It's all just so natural to him that he doesn't have to try!
He still can't keep with me off piste though, although that will soon change.
Just waiting on Jordan dropping a car off for me, although had a damage report en route Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy