Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sweet helmet sale

Poster: A snowHead
Good spot that @PowderAdict but I think that's more a generic picture supplied by sweet protection to suppliers. As the same sticker appears on the sportspursuit page for the same helmet in the same colour combo, or maybe sportspursuit is offloading sample helmets which i don't think they would.
https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/2196427
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice find. Any ideas which is best for freeride? switcher vs igniter vs trooper? The trooper is more than 600g that quite a lot of weight!

Also, white or black?, for orange jacket with black elements (TNF A-CAD) and orange pants Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ed48, the Sweet Protection gives good specifics on the suitability of each helmet, probably the Switcher or Igniter for freeride.

https://www.sweetprotection.com/en-gb/helmets/ski-snowboard/all-mountain-and-freeride-helmets/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ed48 wrote:
Nice find. Any ideas which is best for freeride? switcher vs igniter vs trooper? The trooper is more than 600g that quite a lot of weight!

Also, white or black?, for orange jacket with black elements (TNF A-CAD) and orange pants Smile

Black Trooper. It’s their freeride helmet. Very comfortable with great protection. Unless you’re planning on touring with it wouldn’t worry about the weight
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ed48, I've skied freeride in my Trooper for last 10 years or so, no issues, great vent system. got same arriving today, no more suitable helmet imv.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you!
Ive ordered all 3 models, lets see how they fit.
Regarding weight, when doing MTB, Im wearing full face helmet, they are usually more than 700g, getting used to that.

I guess the white helmet works best with blue colour.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ed48, Can't comment re colour but its a great helmet!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bought one this morning but the sizes for the most popular items are now quite limited. I need an XL and that size appears to be running out very quickly.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
radar wrote:
SportPursuit are selling Sweet helmets, amazing prices, buying a helmet online is tricky, I already had a Sweet helmet so it was easy for me.

Here’s a link you don’t have to use it , I do benefit if you do, https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/C940FD19A77BDC

I can't see the sweet protection helmets when logging in from Austria. Can see other makes though - POC, Smiths, Dare2B etc
Wonder if this offer is only for certain markets (e.g. UK).
Can anyone else outside the UK see the sweet protection helmets?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DB, when you are in Sportspursuit enter Sweet helmet and they are there.

Im on an Austrian server and can see them
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like only Trooper left
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can see them- delivery to Luxembourg
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LOTA, they came on sale Sunday morning which with Sportspursuit is a lifetime ago. They will have limited stocks.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
radar wrote:
@DB, when you are in Sportspursuit enter Sweet helmet and they are there.

Im on an Austrian server and can see them

Maybe I can't see for looking but ...
I've looked all over the site. Can't find a search option or "sweet protection" under helmet, as a supplier or in the exclusive offers. My version is in german and I don't have a UK address.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DB, try this link
https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/sweetprotection-feb21?sp_nav=5_ExclusiveSales_AllSales_SweetProtection
ski holidays
@BobinCH, beat me too it Very Happy
latest report
@DB, I just ordered the trooper, confirmation received, had to have my payment currency as GBP, when set to Eur, I also was not able to see them
snow conditions
DTB wrote:
@DB, I just ordered the trooper, confirmation received, had to have my payment currency as GBP, when set to Eur, I also was not able to see them

Thanks. Was going mad here, felt like banging me 'ead against the wall.

Anyone tried their touring helmets?
Blister didn't seem that impressed saying "worth a look"

https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/sweet-protection-ascender-helmet
snow report
@radar, thanks. Yes, I get at least six e-mails every day from Sport Pursuit but I dithered on this one until 'want' overcame 'need'!
latest report
DTB wrote:

Yes same here. The search bar is also not shown when in €.
snow conditions
@LOTA, Very Happy
snow conditions
LOTA wrote:
@radar, thanks. Yes, I get at least six e-mails every day from Sport Pursuit but I dithered on this one until 'want' overcame 'need'!

6?!?! You must buy even more stuff from them than me Shocked
ski holidays
Arrived earlier - much better then my old Trooper, chalk and cheese....cool magnet catch doofer. Super comfy - I might look stupid when on my Teams call shortly.....just need to be able to use it now on the snow rolling eyes

Sweet...
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
LOTA wrote:

6?!?! You must buy even more stuff from them than me Shocked

Three different e-mail addresses! Must get round to de-registering two of them!

At last count (and only ski gear over a few seasons), a Mammut jacket, Black Diamond shell, three Bergans jackets (two shells), two pairs of 2117 pants, one pair of Kilpi pants, a Kilpi jacket for dry slope instructing , a Rossignol take-on case and a Rossignol rucksack in addition to my new crash hat! Very Happy
snow report
@radar, Thanks for spotting the sale. My helmets arrived this morning, and the larger one (that I almost didn't order) fits the best. The other one is away back already. I hate to think how old my other one is, I'm sure it should have been replaced years ago!

The magnetic catch is different from anything I've seen before, it'll be interesting to see how it works on the slopes.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 11-02-21 15:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Tom Doc, you’re welcome just couldn’t believe the price and was thinking to replace anyway, Mrs Radar has a magnetic catch on her Smith one and really likes it.
ski holidays
@radar, another thanks from here - and encouraging want to overcome need!

Arrived today, the best fit I've had so far! Very Happy
snow conditions
Well Royal Mail are claiming to have delivered mine but it ain't here, nor is it any of the obvious places they might leave a package rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tom Doc wrote:
The magnetic catch is different from anything I've seen before, it'll be interesting to see how it works on the slopes.

I've had mine for a couple of season now and its takes a little getting used to but once your fingers learn how to do it its much easier than the usual clips.

My new Gloss White Igniter II arrived today and first impressions are its a teeny bit tighter fore and aft than my other one. Not only am I in the large bonce category its also quite egg shaped so will need to put some of the fit pads in the sides - as I had to do with the first one. Not sending it back though as its not uncomfortable and will likely ease with wear. Perhaps also not helped by the desperate need for a haircut compared to my usual marine corps special!

I bought a pair of the Interstellar goggles at the end of last season and as they are the black frame and strap they look much better on the new one than they do on the old two tone blue one.

I really shouldn't but I wouldn't bet my pocket change against the new one being taken on the next holiday! rolling eyes
ski holidays
Darn that Sportpursuit.....had weaned myself off if for last couple of years but buoyed by the success of the Trooper earlier in the week, went and pulled the trigger on a Garmin Fenix 5S Last night after a glass of wine, but still 40% off RRP felt it was rude not to Laughing
latest report
Hopefully we will all get to show of our new helmets next season!

I haven’t bought much this season as there is only so much walking/ski gear you can accommodate!
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
Well Royal Mail are claiming to have delivered mine but it ain't here, nor is it any of the obvious places they might leave a package rolling eyes

That's an easy beginner's mistake to make - you should look in all the places that they obviously won't leave a parcel.
latest report
@Markymark29, I think I'm a candidate for a Sportpursuit related intervention. I've spent a fortune on several skiing related 'bargains' over the last few months. I console myself with the thought that they're all going to be used. Probably.
snow report
No bought anything until the helmet since the goggles last year and that was only because I managed to put a deep scratch on my existing goggles smack in front of the left eye. Probably need a new jacket and salopettes next but swithering as to whether to go back to a shell with layers or renew the insulated Spyder stuff I've had for about 7 seasons now.
latest report
Actually, noticed Trooper II LXL is 108 pounds on amazon.

also, smith IO with 2 lenses, 75 pounds. Smith IO MAG (white) - 95 pounds.
snow report
Arno wrote:

well the first one never showed up but Sportpursuit refunded it with zero issues. They still had a non-MIPS Igniter available and it fits! Nice to have a well specced helmet in a size that goes on my melon head Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy