Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roxy Torah Bright C2X Board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, guys!
I am an intermediate rider (in the crappy jumps on blue slope phase). For the past four years I've been using a Salomon Lotus that I've decided to change. What do you think of the 2021 model of Roxy Torah Bright board? I want to improve my riding, so I am afraid I might be over my head a little with this board. I'm looking for having fun more than going down fast, so I chose this board over Jones Dream catcher because it is not directional. Did I make a mistake?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @Spawghetti and welcome to Snowheads!

I must admit, being a bloke, I wasn't familiar with Roxy's boards and (wrongly) assumed that there wouldn't be any comparison between one of theirs and one of Jones's.

However, being a fan of The Good Ride website's reviews, I went to consult them on an older version of the Torah Bright board and the 2020 Dream Catcher and was surprised by the positive review for the former.

Judging by the blurb on Blue Tomato's sale page, the newer model sounds like it may be even more high end.

Have you already bought the board? Is there anywhere / any way you could test it / them first? If the slopes are open in Romania, then I suspect no choice will be a bad choice as far as lot of envious UK-based Snowheads will be concerned anyway!

Personally, I'm a big fan of buying second-hand on ebay so that if something doesn't work out, it doesn't cost me nearly as much. But I have no idea what the ebay / second-hand market might be like where you are.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Good ride is only good to find older year graphics and specs, they have nothing to do with accurate reviews, they only write down the marketing stuff in their own words. They can't eve ride a snowboard at least half decent.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which review site do you rate / would you recommend @kosmoz?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
angry snowboarder. find a men's version in libtech lineup of that roxy, which would most likely be Lib Tech Terrain Wrecker, and decide based on that review.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like Angry Snowboarder's website too but find it much more geared towards more advanced riders who already have a better idea of what they want / need.

As someone happily entrenched in the advanced intermediate section of the spectrum, I find The Good Ride probably reflects better my level and would probably be more appropriate for @Spawghetti , but that's because I disagree with
I wouldn't agree with your assertion that The Good Ride "only write down the marketing stuff in their own words".

Anyone else got any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jebroni3_16,

I like the angry snowboarder... because he's angry Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Spawghetti,

Do you want a board for a specific reason, or just an all-rounder?
If all-rounder, then spy out a Yes Emoticon
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.snowboard-asylum.com/yes-women-s-emoticon-snowboard-2019-820866

absolute bargain at that price
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Anyone else got any thoughts?

I'd take them all with a pinch of salt. At the end of the day it's not an exact science reviewing boards - I don't believe anyone can really quantify the difference between 6 or 7 out of 10 stiffness for example! Also there is a lot of personal preferences, what might work for you doesn't necessarily work for me and vice versa. At best you can get a feel for the kind of board it is, but the only real way to know for sure is to ride it.

OP you really need to add some more info. What exactly are you looking for? Jumps and symmetrical make me think your interest is mainly park? In which case yep it might not be the board for you. It looks like an intermediate-advanced board which imo is fine for an intermediate rider looking to improve - it's not like it's some rock stiff absolute charger.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello! Thank you all for your answers!
I've done most of my research on the good ride. I'll check that angry snowboarder too, but you're right, a review always has its dose of subjectivity and riding the board myself is the only way to know for sure.

I am looking for an... Everything board haha. Mostly freestyle all mountain, with some jumps here and there, but to be decent in powder too.
The Yes emoticon might be a great choice
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I recently got a Rossignol Frenemy for the other half. If I had seen the Emoticon (annoyingly I got her bindings from that shop!) I prob would have got that instead.

Mens equivalent of Emoticon is Yes Basic
Mens equivalent of Frenemy is Rossignol LF One
Mens equivalent of Twin Sisters is Jones Mountain Twin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you know what, you should find an adequate size of Ride Twinpig, like 136 or 142, it's a volume shifted board, with very fun sidecut, holds an edge, is nimble, good in powder. A killer board. But is a hot board in that meaning, they sells before clearance sales starts, you be lucky to find one on sale, but this corona year might play in you favour.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Spawghetti, of the two boards you originally mentioned, the Dreamcatcher and the Torah Bright, I think either would be great for you. Neither is intended as a super-stiff, high speed machine, both seem to be aimed at more of an all-round approach.

I wouldn't consider the Jones being "directional" to be an important factor. It is a twin-shaped board with no (meaningful) taper. It does have a small stance setback, but this is true for almost every board on the market unless you are very sure that you specifically want a park board and intended to spend a lot of time riding switch. In any case, you could choose to set up your bindings on either board with a centered or slightly set-back stance. The practical difference is very, very small. It has a directional flex and slightly different nose/tail shapes for better float in powder, but these are both good things.

The two boards have different camber profiles. The Jones has camber between the feet and rockered tips, while the Torah Bright has the opposite - rocker between the feet and camber near the tips. I have to admit, the latter makes no sense to me, but plenty of people seem to like it. Camber between the feet for grip and rocker at the tips for float and to keep things playful makes way more sense to me.

They'll both be very good boards, if I had to choose I'd probably pick the Jones for general riding around, having fun, riding powder when it's on or the Torah Bright if I definitely wanted to focus more on freestyle, tricks, park, switch riding. Both will do a good job for either though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has anyone tried riding one of these
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy