Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens in December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My friends and I are looking to book a ski holiday in Val Thorens in 2022 on the 16th of December for a week.
I just wanted to ask a few questions that I am worried about prior to booking. We are all 18 and 19 and are looking for a good party and apres-ski in the resort. My worry is that it won't be as busy as it is so early on in the ski season...

Will we receive the same party atmosphere this incredible resort has to offer than we would in February for example?
I am also worried about the weather conditions, will we get sunshine or is this the time of year where you are most likely to get hard snow storms and white outs?

Any help or opinions I would really appreciate.

Thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@samheathy_, Welcome to snowheads. That week is a bit quiet, but Vsl T starts earlier than most so there will be much partying especially as most seasonaires havent worn themselves out. There may even be a Varsity week going on. Feb on the other hand may well have less of a party feel cos all the French and their kids will be using their apartments rather than renting to folks like your selves.

Take loads of layers as it will be cold, even a beer blanket is not really sufficient at 2200m in Dec. Do keep an eye on your mates and count them back in, yeah I know I sound like your Dad, but having done 8 seasons in Tignes it happens, sadly.

But, unlike many resorts, there will be snow, so crack on. Wish my liver was still up for it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can a mod move this to the piste out of the geek zone? Ta.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway,

Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it, helped me out a lot!

One more question, if you could recommend a week where we would get the most atmosphere and have experience in Val Thorens at full force, what month would you recommend?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@samheathy_, that sounds like it might be the same week that I went with uni about 10 years ago. So there might be a chance that it's the same week uni's go and you'll find there's a few there so more of a party atmosphere
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That might be varsity week.
So would be full of students.
Prob at your age it might be worth search varsity week and see if its been announced, or look at historic weeks.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 9-02-21 21:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@samheathy_,
Don’t worry about w/c 16 Dec being busy for apres. It is one of the main uni ski trip weeks.
My son and daughter are 19 & 21 and at Newcastle and Manchester university.
Apparently Manchester ski trips go to either Val d’Isere/Tignes or Val Thorens that week, then around 4 April they go to the other.
Newcastle uni are due to go to Les Deux Alpes in April but it’s probably not going to happen so they are marketing the 15 December to Tignes or Val Thorens as an alternative.
My son really likes the week before Christmas for skiing with friends, the apres is good but not uncomfortably packed and no ski lift queues.

@chocksaway, it looks like its Tignes in December and so no doubt Val d’Isere at Easter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy