Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Epic Pass Refund - has anyone claimed theirs yet?

Poster: A snowHead
Jonny Jones wrote:

Apparently any discount from the shortened 19/20 will be rolled over, too, with notifications being sent out over the next month or so.

Will be interesting to see.

With across the board 20% discount to anyone and everyone, only those who hadn't used their 19/20 pass for more than 7 days season may see any "roll over" credit from their 19/20 pass.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anybody rolled there's on to next year?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just received an email, basically giving me the 19/20 discount again to apply it against 21/22. But no mention of a refund for 20/21.

Still no word from the idiots at ACM, phoned them again today, and it is really hard to understand what the Agents are saying, and I am sure it is the same for the Agents.

The 19.8% discount from 19/20 was used on the 20/21 pass, so I am a bit surprised to have received this discount code at all.

It will be great if I ever get my 20/21 refund and are able to use this discount too
Mind Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dougy Giro wrote:

The 19.8% discount from 19/20 was used on the 20/21 pass, so I am a bit surprised to have received this discount code at all.

Technically, you didn't "used" the credit on 20/21 as you've "gotten" a refund on your 20/21 pass!

The fact you haven't actually received your 20/21 refund appears to be a separate issue...

What's not too clear is whether the credit is applied at the "rack rate" or the already discounted (by 20%) rate of the 21/22 pass Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got my refund in the bank account today, so the system does work albeit very slowly.

The cash came via the travel agent that I'd used to buy the pass. To his credit, he had separately negotiated with Epic on behalf of all of his UK clients once he realised that the normal channels were struggling to cope with demand. Now I need to make sure that I don't get the paperwork headache of a separate refund arriving directly.

The agent's understanding is that discounts rolled over from 2019/20 will be in addition to the 20% discount applied this year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny Jones wrote:

The agent's understanding is that discounts rolled over from 2019/20 will be in addition to the 20% discount applied this year.

I'm in the States so I have the luxury of letting my phone call be on hold for ages without incurring huge cost. I managed to speak to one of Vail's own "representative" to ask specifically that. The answer is less than encouraging. Basically, the rep doesn't know for sure but "believe" the credit is on top of the discount to the general public.

The fact it wasn't even clear to their own rep doesn't inspire confidence. Also, the rep doesn't speak clear English (heavy accent). So communication was tedious. One can't help but to worry, if I can't get my questions through to the rep, how well does the rep understand the company policy?

I pretend to buy the pass online. But they're only at the stage of "taking a deposit", not actually collecting the full price of the pass. Disturbingly, the "TOTAL" does not take into account the credit. So, I'm not going to take the rep's "believe" on blind faith. Vail isn't going to get my money until they can answer that question CLEARLY!

Vail's customer service of this past year had been beyond terrible. I have a very unsettling feeling. I've observed the companies with deteriorating customer services often have internal corporate structure imbalance, which sometimes end up imploding.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@abc, I think that being in the UK has worked to my advantage. By using a local travel agent, I've almost completely dodged any need to deal with Vail or their claims agents. As my travel agent is a big buyer of Epic passes, he gets to access channels that ordinary punters can't use. I will certainly be purchasing next year's pass from him.

As for next year - UK buyers like me will have automatic protection should the worst happen, provided the purchase is made with a credit card.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonny Jones, the UK buyers' concern are a little different from us in the states. We had skiing all of the 20/21 season (weather however was poor so the skiing was subpar). The focus of US based skiers for next season are less about getting our money back in case of further lockdown than to just getting the best skiing out of whatever passes one gets.

Americans who had credits carrying over from the 19/20 season are the minorities, only people like me who claimed on medical ground have credits roll over from 2 seasons ago. Majority of Americans are simply contemplating whether the cheap Vail passes will result in crazy crowds (which it was crazy this season).

But for people like me with the carryover credit, the Vail advantage is quite significant (crazy crowding notwithstanding). So it's just a matter of confirming the credits are indeed in addition to the discounts offered to the general public. Still, it needs to happen before other competing passes' discount purchase deadline in case that NOT being the case and we end up choosing not to go with Vail.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abc wrote:
Jonny Jones wrote:

I'm in the States so I have the luxury of letting my phone call be on hold for ages without incurring huge cost. I managed to speak to one of Vail's own "representative" to ask specifically that. The answer is less than encouraging. Basically, the rep doesn't know for sure but "believe" the credit is on top of the discount to the general public.

The fact it wasn't even clear to their own rep doesn't inspire confidence. Also, the rep doesn't speak clear English (heavy accent). So communication was tedious. One can't help but to worry, if I can't get my questions through to the rep, how well does the rep understand the company policy?

I pretend to buy the pass online. But they're only at the stage of "taking a deposit", not actually collecting the full price of the pass. Disturbingly, the "TOTAL" does not take into account the credit. So, I'm not going to take the rep's "believe" on blind faith. Vail isn't going to get my money until they can answer that question CLEARLY!

Vail's customer service of this past year had been beyond terrible. I have a very unsettling feeling. I've observed the companies with deteriorating customer services often have internal corporate structure imbalance, which sometimes end up imploding.

I’m sure the Vail Agents are the same mob as the ACM Team, they are both equally as bad. It is so frustrating as their very strong South American accent is really hard to understand at times and my Not particularly strong North East accent is probably just as hard for them.

I also plugged the discount code, which worked, but not making any purchase until I get a refund for this year first
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones wrote:
@abc, I think that being in the UK has worked to my advantage. By using a local travel agent, I've almost completely dodged any need to deal with Vail or their claims agents. As my travel agent is a big buyer of Epic passes, he gets to access channels that ordinary punters can't use. I will certainly be purchasing next year's pass from him.

As for next year - UK buyers like me will have automatic protection should the worst happen, provided the purchase is made with a credit card.

How will U.K. based CC purchasers be different next year compared to this year? I haven’t went down the route of trying to claim off my CC for my 20/21 pass at their Agents were even more incompetent that ACM dealing with the claim!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Finally received an email after 3 months confirming refund has been approved, just need to work out how to complete the banking details form now!

Booked flights and booked hotel for Whistler yesterday too!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@abc, I've found that customer service in general has deteriorated during the pandemic, for reasons obvious and not. Even people/firms known to have their act together have slipped in some cases. Not excusing Vail, who seems to have taken this to an art form. But there is definitely some struggling going on out there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just claimed my refund. Should be a no-brainer due to border closure. Was told 4 weeks. We'll see.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scooter in Seattle, I assume people are working from home. So I made allowance for a somewhat slower response. And not always immediate escalation. Majority firms large and small had lived up to that slightly lowered expectation.

Not Vail!

It's entirely unacceptable to take months to process refund on clear cut cases.

My case was resolved quickly, once I got someone assigned to it. But there's no excuse to have weeks go by without having even logged my claim (despite the auto-response e-mail)!

The wait time on hold on the phone is the kicker. For those living outside the US who don't have the luxury of staying on the line for hours on end (yes, one of my hold was over an hour long!)

Even by pandemic standard, it's a colossal fail. (I've seen people using "Fail" as a substitute for "Vail" Toofy Grin I think it's entirely appropriate)

Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Just claimed my refund. Should be a no-brainer due to border closure. Was told 4 weeks. We'll see.

Good luck.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 20-04-21 3:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Claim approved, details for refund sent from UK 3 April. Awaiting refund.
latest report
still waiting...3 weeks
ski holidays
Update to my earlier post, in case it is useful for anyone. I put my refund request in on 3rd January and after quite a bit of chasing got it through on 12 April by bank transfer. I am based in the UK
snow conditions
That’s good news that you eventually got your money back.

Did you get the sense that had you not been chasing “quite a bit”, that the refund wouldn’t have been forthcoming?
latest report
6 phone calls to the US. 4 emails to the case work since February = no refund still.
Apparently each case is being looked at on its own merits.
It’s illegal to leave the UK and illegal / can’t enter Canada - what is there to decide.
Absolute joke
latest report
I called 3-4 times, plus sent emails. I eventually got an email on 25 March with a form to complete and send back. Essentially the form was asking for bank details for the repayment and they said that payment should be received within 5-7 business days. It took 12 business days for the payment to come through. Good luck to everyone on getting their refunds!

We have re-booked flights (cancellable) to go to Whistler in March 2022 but are not buying the pass until there is at least a sign of the Canadian border opening up.
snow conditions
@abc, I have had my rollover discount confirmed and it's definitely in addition to the 20% discount offered to all and sundry. My 19.18% discount has resulted in a UK price of GBP 450 for the full-fat Epic pass.

I seem to be a rare success story for Vail Resorts Little Angel
ski holidays
Just received refund in uk - 3.5 weeks from submitting bank details. % Credit stands from 2019/20 season.
ski holidays
2 weeks after being asked for bank details I was refunded yesterday. I thought they would have delayed this for a few more months, but not so.
snow conditions
..excellent - UK refunds seem to have been pretty speedy - I have sent them a thank you note as they have actually been pretty quick for us. Now to get round to planning for next year !!
snow conditions
Manskier100 wrote:
..excellent - UK refunds seem to have been pretty speedy - I have sent them a thank you note as they have actually been pretty quick for us. Now to get round to planning for next year !!

I have flights and hotel reserved for Whistler for December (my Daughter lives there), have a condo reserved at Vail (free cancellation and pay at property) and just looking for a similar week for Breck for Feb, but haven’t booked the Denver flight yet

Edit- bought full epic pass for next year 455 pounds with the 19/20 discount applied.
ski holidays
What is the form everybody talking about? Is it on the Epic Pass/Vail website or ACM?

I was only able to find this email for claiming a refund: NewLosses@acmclaims.com, wonder if it's even the right one.

Call me stupid, but I am still hoping to get to Whis next season and want to roll over to 21/22 pass regardless of the mess.
snow conditions
WASHOUT wrote:

I'm trying to.
How did it work for you? Was it still through the refund?
ski holidays
Sofia_MOW wrote:
WASHOUT wrote:

I'm trying to.

you cannot roll-over the 20/21 pass, you need to claim a refund. The thing you roll-over is the 19/20 discount of 19.8% or whatever it is.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dougy Giro wrote:
Sofia_MOW wrote:
WASHOUT wrote:

I'm trying to.

you cannot roll-over the 20/21 pass, you need to claim a refund. The thing you roll-over is the 19/20 discount of 19.8% or whatever it is.

Quite right!

More over, since the 21/22 pass is actually priced lower than the 20/21 pass (20% discount across the board), you really don't want to "rollover" the funds. You want to get the refund, then pay 20% less for the 21/22 pass.

(if you just "rollover the pass", you end up paying 20% extra)
latest report
On April 19th I posted that I'd claimed my refund, and they said four weeks. I got it yesterday, so more like six weeks.

I bought the pass with a credit card, but got a refund check in CDN dollars.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy