Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2021-22 Resort recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully we will be able to get away again next year...

Anyone got any recommendations of resorts in France to look at? Dates not set in stone but thinking possibly end of jan before any of the holidays start. we'll be a group of 4, all mid 20's so looking for somewhere a little bit more lively. All intermediate boarders, not looking for anything extreme in terms of off piste etc.

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 4-02-21 12:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Courchevel 1650
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Meribel, Tignes/Val D’Isere: expensive, lots of varied terrain, lively....though Tignes quieter than Val D’Isere.

Alpe D’Huez, Les Deux Alpes: mid price range, enough terrain, lively.

Serre Chevalier: mid price range, enough good terrain, tree cover, not so lively.

Next season unlikely to be as lively aprés as past seasons. I’d give priority to the best boarding places and get your nightlife fix back home.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes & Val D probably for your group
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was thinking about val d’isere, sounds like it’s a good choice. Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@willirvine, so that's 2022 Resort recommendations? (you have 2021 in the thread title)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
@willirvine, so that's 2022 Resort recommendations? (you have 2021 in the thread title)

Ah yes, my bad I meant to put 2021-22, thanks for pointing that out!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
willirvine wrote:
Was thinking about val d’isere, sounds like it’s a good choice. Thanks

Wise decision.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As you're planning to go at the end of Jan, you can afford to stay a bit lower, which usually means bigger conventional towns and less chance of lift closures and whiteouts. Weather can be a bit grim at that time of year for the higher resorts.

Apart from Val D'Isere, I'd look at:
1 - Morzine. Town is large and has a decent nightlife. The hill above Morzine itself is not the best, but nearby Avoriaz and Chatel have some great snowboarding
terrain.
2 - Meribel. Buzzy town bang in the middle of a vast area. Plenty of bars and clubs. Treelined runs for bad weather days, but also great high terrain when the sun
comes out around Val Thorens, La Masse, etc.
3 - Forget about France and head for Austria instead.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi last year went to val d’isere, and year before tinges for me both good but val d’isere, was a lot bigger and better for snowboard nightlife was not great but enough. i have been few other countries and for me Austria (Mayrhofen) was really good for both Andorra was also good for both but powder on day there was not great we go same as you end of jan start of feb.
hope this helps
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been boarding all over France and my favourite resort bar none is Courchevel followed by Tignes. Not sure I'd go anywhere else in France now to be honest. I wouldn't call either Courchevel or Tignes lively but Courchevel 1650 has enough bars for a week.

Agree about Morzine, I found the lift system shocking but the town can get busy at night but for boarding we always headed over to Avoriaz.

I've also been to more places I can remember in Austria and would still pick Courchevel over them all. What ever you do don't be tempted by cheap beer over at Pas in Andorra, it's a total dump.

There are of course a few festivals on the slopes such as Snowboming where the partying comes first.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy