Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ninthward

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I distribute Ninthward skis and clothing in the UK, and am hoping for some feedback after the recent ski test that was held-all feedback gratefully considered either here or at jez@proride-distribution.co.uk
Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tested both the sets of ninthward skis that were at the ski test. Not sure what the names were. I am 100kg, a fairly agressive skier, mixed piste and off-piste.

The first ones that I tested were the yellow ones (I think) and I didn't get on with them at all, found them virtually unskiable on piste, I just couldn't get them to hold an edge under high pressured turns.

The second set that I tested were the massive pink ones, and they were great in the slush and heavy off-piste, making really light work of it, so much so that if I lived near the mountains they would be on my wish list to buy. I tried a few other super-fat skis over the week, but none were as nice as those ninthwards.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi-I think the first skis you tried (from your description) were the First Bloods, which are aimed at off piste, so not suprised you didn't like them on piste. Second set sound like the LT's, which altough actually being wider under foot (90mm rather than 89mm) are a lot stiffer than the First Bloods, so glad you liked them. Like I say, all constructive feedback is always gratefuly accepted!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
proride, I'm sure that the second set were much wider than 90mm under foot, I would be guessing at somewhere around 105 to 110mm. I've had a look on the website and can't find them in the current line up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where is the proride-distribution website, proride? Based on your email address, jez@proride-distribution.co.uk, I tried both www.proride-distribution.co.uk and proride-distribution.co.uk, both give a page saying "Directory Listing Denied" and "This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.". So I Googled for "proride-distribution" but found only one link to your website (via here http://www.soltex.co.uk/exlist.html) and it gives the same denial messages. (I am using Firefox on W-XP-H.)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, unfortunately the web site is in the process of being built and should go live in the next 7-10 days-sorry about that. I can be contacted at jez@proride-distribution.co.uk however.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
proride, I tried the park skis at 176 (?) which are very long for me and liked them the best of all the skis I tried. They were black with yellow writing I think?? I found them comfortable on the piste and turned well in the little baby slush bumps I found. I then tried the green skis that look like the Seth Viscous for an off piste lesson and was rather disappointed. They were around 170 I think. I'm sure they were wider under the foot than my Zag Le Rouge, but I didn't find them any easier to ski on, or to have any more significant float. Having said that, they were easy enough to ski, turned well both on and off the piste, but just didn't do what I expected.

I'm 165, around 54 Kg, female, grade 1 with equivalence etc.

I thought the graphics, while nice and simple needed some info - model of ski, type, measurements etc. (length would have been handy). Even the Fall Line guys didn't seem to know anything about them, so how could we know what to compare them with? You could pass this on the the manufacturers - you can be too cool! Also no info about who makes them or where they're made or anything. I have a friend here whith a shop that deals exclusively in park and freeride skis. I thought she'd like to have a look at them, but I couldn't find any info on the skis about how to contact the manufacturers!!!!

If you gave the skis to fall Line, perhaps you could let us into the secret with pix and then we could be more specific! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The WWW provides a wonderful marketing opportunity for all sorts of companies. Whilst I understand the need for companies to make dramatic changes to their websites, I think it is shortsighted to remove their web presence entirely. This applies specially when soliciting feedback that will also entice people like me to try and find more information. It is simple to create a placeholder webpage to explain about updates, to provide contact details and (most importantly) a date of when the viewer should return and expect to find the new, completed, website.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adrian, a google search reveals www.ninthward.com which even has details of UK stockists!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Adrian, I totally agree that a www. provides wonderful marketing opportunity, and this wasn't a case of removing web presence, rather the fact that I have been so busy that unfortunately I've only now got round to getting a web site done, and this should be up and running within the next 7-10 days. Like I say, you're more than welcome to email me with any feedback or questions, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Easkski, glad you liked the Comte, which is the black and yellow ski you tried-it's been the biggest seller out of the range. The green skis are the First Bloods which are an all mountain ski with a width of 89mm under foot. As for not knowing what the skis were, I spoke to Fall Line with information about skis such as dimensions, what they're aimed at and how much they retail for, and I'm sorry this maybe hasn't been passed on. Also, there are all the length, dimensions and names on the ski, but unfortunately its in the centre of the ski which means it can't be seen with a demo binding on it, but is fully visible with a retail binding on. Full run down on the skis that were out on the test is as follows;
First Blood 170cm,also available in 180, green top sheet, 117 at tip, 89 at centre, 110 at tail, all mountain ski, retails at £350,.
Comte 176cm (pro model one length only), black and yellow topsheet, 111/82/104, great for piste and park, £330.
LT 176cm (pro model one length only), white and red top sheet,125/90/115, 50/50 park/ all mountain, £340.
Tha 187cm (one length), pinky red/ black top sheet,138/109/128, back country, £400.
Hope this helps!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
proride, Thanks for this info - rather silly to have all the stuff on the ski where it can't be read with a rental binding isn't it? Especially for a new(?) brand. So then it was the first blood that at 89 (my Zags are 78 ) under the foot I found disappointing! I thought they were wider!!!

My susggestion though: get something web published, even if it's just saying "under construction"! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just had a good look a their website - bl**dy hell - I'm definitely too old. Also the skis didn't seem to be the ones we demoed so I gues we had last years'. Shock
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
proride, I apologise for misunderstanding the development of you website, but as I and easiski have said, please put something useful on your website, sooner rather than later.

Arno provided a link to the manufacturers site, thank you. It is another one of these flashy sites with gimmicky pictures and not much information, such sites have been castigated before, eg here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:
Also the skis didn't seem to be the ones we demoed so I gues we had last years'. Shock
...or maybe we had next year's and the site hasn't been updated?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The skis out on test were for next season, therefore images will probably be on the Ninthward website around September, and whilst I agree the site could be simpler to navigate around, it does have all the construction and dimensions clearly stated on it. Getting back to the skis, what did everyone think of them, and what do you think of the cost of them? Also, did anyone try any of the clothing at all?
snow conditions
proride, i think the site could usefully add the turning radiuses of the skis
otherwise, i found it pretty easy to navigate, although I do have a fast internet connection. might not be much fun with a dial-up
snow report
proride, Prices seem reasonable, but I think in euros - sorry. I'd consider a pair of comtes but 176 is too long if that's the only length. Looking for an eventual replacement for my Zags when they stop replacing them for free, or I get fed up with the build quality.

BTW I emailed Ninthward about the info angle and they replied almost immediately - that's loads better than K2!!!

Navigating the site was fine once I understood what to do - it took me a while.
snow report
I will definitely be considering buying a pair of the skis that I demo'ed if the price is reasonable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy