Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guess where? couloirs/pitches/descents (not just resort)

Poster: A snowHead
@sucette, nope
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@adithorp, damn... was convinced that was here !
Sigh. I obviously need to get out from behind my bar more often... ideally when the lifts are running ! rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sucette, better than me: I've looked at dozens of these photos and only got one right, in time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@adithorp, a South facing relatively high couloir, Alagna springs to mind but this is guess the couloir not the resort
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
adithorp wrote:
@rambotion, Wow really didn't expect that to be right Shocked
I'd heard of people skiing the gully down MamTor on rare occations but really was a guess.

Given the small amount of off piste I've done, that does leave me with an issue of lack of photos... Not sure of the name for this one so the lift to access the area will do...

PS. @snowball, Edale is PeakDistrict not 'Dales

Carrying over to page 2 with a guess of from Cime de Caron?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
While I love the idea of this thread, I suspect the reality is it's going to be way to hard to guess many.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rambotion wrote:
@adithorp, a South facing relatively high couloir, Alagna springs to mind but this is guess the couloir not the resort

Very good and as close as I was with Edale. Your go.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
adithorp wrote:
rambotion wrote:

. Well done rambotion - Canale Obliquo or adjacent entry into la Balma valley?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The middle of this photo is a named off piste zone which I believe only requires a 10 - 15 minute walk from the lifts. Unfortunately due to limited time with a guide, avalanche danger and closed lifts I didn't get the opportunity to ski it. The photo is taken from the start of a much mellower off piste run.

I am may struggle to post more that aren't either blindingly obvious or nigh on impossible to get

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks a nice spot! Val d’Isere?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grinning wrote:
adithorp wrote:
rambotion wrote:

. Well done rambotion - Canale Obliquo or adjacent entry into la Balma valley?

Other side of the valley. Canale Delle Miniere possibly.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not Val d'Isere
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Backside of La Plagne looking across to Grande Motte and Grande Casse in the middle distance so Combe de la Veliere with Bellecote on looker’s far left?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Col de la Chal - les Arcs. Aguille du St Esprit on left just out of shot. Grand Motte far distance, Grand Casse pointy bit middle. Bellcote left side just going out of shot.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@beeryletcher, i thought about from Col de la Chal but then you’d see the Gd Casse more straight on rather than obliquely and more along the ridge...
ski holidays
@beeryletcher, is of course right, the col itself is just down to my left, I think that I had barely scooted off the Arabulle at this point.
latest report
@Grinning, so which part of Bellcote are you suggesting is on the left? Have we gone up Bellcote and turned right on the Glacier lift and then right, rather than left on the traverse to the North Face?
snow report
Ah, I was writing when the answer came in, I'll have to look at the map again. Just came in from walking on Hampstead Heath.
ski holidays
@beeryletcher, In which case I misled us when i said Gd Casse: we’re not looking at Gd Casse as the “pointy bit middle” but Ailet and the ridge behind Ailet. Ailet and Bellecote obscure the Gd Casse
snow conditions
@beeryletcher, In which case we’re not looking at Gd Casse as the “pointy bit middle” but Ailet and the ridge behind Ailet. Ailet and Bellecote obscure the Gd Casse
ski holidays
@Grinning, all about the angle, all about the angle. Once you're into the Chal enough the Casse will hove into view.
ski holidays
Anyway - has someone else got a picture to put up please .... I'm at work and shouldn't be looking at this .... besides for some reason I can never seem to get pictures to post properly ! Laughing
snow report
I can offer this one
ski holidays
OK (Edit, see below)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 5-02-21 17:04; edited 3 times in total
snow report
@BobinCH, was in first, narrowly...
snow report
That spike should be memorable but I don't remember it. Verbier?
It is a bit like the Envers, Vallee Blanche, but that is rock, not ice tumbled around.
ski holidays
The backside of Mt Fort
snow conditions
snowball wrote:
That spike should be memorable but I don't remember it. Verbier?
It is a bit like the Envers, Vallee Blanche, but that is rock, not ice tumbled around.

You got the resort although that was a bit too easy so need the mountain for the prize...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm, I would have said somewhere to the left of the Backside of Mont Fort, but you didn't react to @hold_my_biere.
snow conditions
hold_my_biere wrote:
The backside of Mt Fort

The winner!

Looking down here (with a lot more snow!)
ski holidays
One day I'll take that one on. One day.

Ok, here's mine:

snow report
When finding that one I also came across this beautiful, narrow, rarely skied one down the other side. Mont Fort has so many possibilities for the adventurous!
snow conditions
hold_my_biere wrote:

Ok, here's mine:

Rectiligne (pas de chèvres) looking down to Mer de Glace? Or actually maybe Poubelle?
ski holidays
The latter. Well done.
snow report
Over to @snowball,
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
hold_my_biere wrote:

Ok, here's mine:

Rectiligne (pas de chèvres) looking down to Mer de Glace? Or actually maybe Poubelle?

This conversation is waaay above my paygrade - but is that something you could ski down, in those conditions, or would you descend it by rope ?

Edit: descend, not ascend - duh
ski holidays
@Pejoli, looks like you'd do a bit of sidestepping/sideslipping from where the photo's taken before you get to the real skiing. It's usually a short abseil to get into that Poubelle, I believe
ski holidays
Never skied that, but I've looked up at it.

Not sure it is really my go but I won't say no.
I just put a picture on here for a couple of minutes and then realised it probably wasn't where I thought it was, so had to take it off again. If I work it out I'll put it here another time.

This may be easy but only for those who know the area. A bit over 300m of vertical in the couloir. This pic is a bit small (I can only find the low-res version) but my better photo of it gives even more of a hint.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 6-02-21 12:56; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
@snowball, Zinal?
ski holidays
No
I should have said ..."those who know the area" AND SKI OFF PISTE.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 6-02-21 13:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy