Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New hybrid Alpine Touring Binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not too sure if this has been mentioned before, it's an interesting concept.

Only became aware of it when a guide mate (father of Max Palm) posted on Strava today testing the Cast Freetour.

Tech Freedom,
Alpine Performance

We’ve created the first pin-tech touring system with the full reliability, safety and bomber performance of an alpine binding.
CAST’s patented and fully integrated quick-release mechanism allows you to go uphill on super-light pin-tech touring toes and shred down on a full alpine binding in a matter of seconds.

http://youtube.com/v/Q_5lR9wTMT0

https://casttouring.com/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, not exactly new, CAST have been doing this for around 10 years now!

They're pretty damn niche though. The pin toe and pivot heel combo weighs around ~150g per ski more than the Shift (plus you have the extra weight of the pivot toes in your pack), so little point for the 99.99% of skiers who aren't stomping corks off cliffs and don't need a DIN of 15+...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999, CAST are more interesting for converting your 150 plug race boots into pin tourers!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't see how these are any better than the Shift bindings (which I think are great). Especially given the faff of changing the toe binding, which I am not convinced will be easy in cold and snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zikomo wrote:
I don't see how these are any better than the Shift bindings (which I think are great). Especially given the faff of changing the toe binding, which I am not convinced will be easy in cold and snow.

18 DIN look binding. It’s a niche system that suits riders like Sam Anthamatten and Jeremie Heitz skiing at light speed in no fall zones. Overkill for the rest of us.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam wrote:
Not too sure if this has been mentioned before, it's an interesting concept.

Only became aware of it when a guide mate (father of Max Palm) posted on Strava today testing the Cast Freetour.

Tech Freedom,
Alpine Performance

We’ve created the first pin-tech touring system with the full reliability, safety and bomber performance of an alpine binding.
CAST’s patented and fully integrated quick-release mechanism allows you to go uphill on super-light pin-tech touring toes and shred down on a full alpine binding in a matter of seconds.

http://youtube.com/v/Q_5lR9wTMT0

https://casttouring.com/

New?!?! It’s been around for years
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, I bow to your knowledge Laughing

Though are we sure that this is not their latest innovation/design or is it just a new website etc ?

And the video was only published a month or so ago Nov 9, 2021 2,033 views

Like I said the guide testing them was max Palm's (Junior FreeRide World Champion) Father so that's probably what young Max uses, and is the de facto setup for guys skiing like that, not us mere mortals Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
New? We've been converting the boots and selling the system since 2012, that said the New Version is really nice, for sure destined at proximity/onsight touring but has massive potential for Freestylers lapping the same kicker hour after hour.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think they have tweaked the mechanism for swapping toe pieces over time but the principle hasn’t changed. Even when Dukes were the only beefy conventional touring binding people were questioning these but they’re still around
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You're a bit buggered if you fall off and lose the toepiece!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:
@BobinCH, I bow to your knowledge Laughing

Though are we sure that this is not their latest innovation/design or is it just a new website etc ?

And the video was only published a month or so ago Nov 9, 2021 2,033 views

Like I said the guide testing them was max Palm's (Junior FreeRide World Champion) Father so that's probably what young Max uses, and is the de facto setup for guys skiing like that, not us mere mortals Laughing

He’s a Rossignol (owns Look) rider and has just been signed by Red Bull so maybe they’re trying to leverage that. No problem to bow though. Will tick off my daily help the aged task Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy