Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big reconstruction of Bearsden ski slope, Glasgow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Bearsden ski slope outside Glasgow - one of the UK's more impressive club-constructed artificial facilities - has been rebuilt and resurfaced. [Edit: possible error about "resurfaced". See below]. The new slope surface is Snowflex, with new teaching areas and terrain features added. A new clubhouse has also been constructed.

The official reopening will be this Saturday 6 May, with Olympic racer Alain Baxter 'cutting the ribbon'.

This report from SnowBoardClub.co.uk [SCUK]

If anyone in the area would like to pop up there, take a look, and report back, that would be great.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 5-05-06 10:44; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is probably to compete with the new facility at Braehead, Glasgow
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bearsden Ski Club had a great racing tradition (inlcuding Lesley Beck, the only British woman to finish in the top 10 of the World Championships since 1972). But now it looks like they're aiming more for the snowboard/freestyle market with the Snowflex, and perhaps West of Scotland race training will be more centred around Braehead.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The report on SCUK suggests the snowflex slope is an addition to, not a replacement of the original facilities - so shouldn't affect the racing?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave, you may well be correct. The sentence in the SCUK report says:
Quote:
The club’s facilities now boast a state-of-the-art floodlit ‘Snowflex’ main 80m long slope with jumps and a quarter pipe for snowboarders and two new ‘Snowflex’ nursery slopes, which compliment the existing facilities at the Club.

So it may be that Dendix remains on original parts of the slope. If I got that wrong - sorry. There's an edit note in the first posting now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith,

I'm just guessing from the report, the relevant bit of which you quote. Looks to be true though from the clubs website http://www.skibearsden.co.uk/ which has a news item on the opening of the new jump slope. Must be some Glasgow based snowHead who could give us first hand info. though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jb1970, Fancy popping along???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For those who missed it, there's more discussion of the implications of the "Snowflex trend" for racing here:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=7793&highlight=snowflex
Obviously in this case it's not too damaging because of the proximity of Braehead.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to live in Bearsden.........
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski I have it in mind. Have been looking at the prices and it is cheaper to go for 2 hours on a mon-fri afternoon than for one hour at weekends. Guess who is taking a flexi-afternoon from work!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970, Laughing Laughing Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The SnowboardClubUK site has some photos of the new slope features at Bearsden, and opening event last weekend:
click here.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My kids go to lessons at the Bearsden slope and the snowflex jump slope is seperate from the main dendix slope where race training continues. For those who remember the slope in days of old the snowflex slope is where the old nursery slope was and a new smaller snowflex nursery area has been added.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's brilliant to hear that Bearsden is still going strong. A superb example of cooperative spirit and achievement in skiing.

I've only visited the place once (must be 15-20 years ago) but was really impressed with the vibes and purpose of the place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy