Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the 2021/2022 in doubt ?

Poster: A snowHead
Susang73 wrote:
Where did you see that? Government page hasn't changed, still only a test for unvaccinated

+1 It still reads the same for me?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lazyskier wrote:
From immediate France now requires all travellers to have a proper PCR done within 24 hours of departure

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

That’s not my reading of that site. Non-vaccinated folk need -ve PCR test within 24hrs of departure, yes, but if you’re fully vaccinated then no test required.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lazyskier wrote:
Equally what is the view from the French government? Im sure Macron wants any reason to ban Brits due to fish and migrants…but Alpine people will still welcome us with open arms or perhaps more accurately…our wallets! Smile

Why say this? France was brilliant over the summer, sensible entry system for adults and teens and worked hard to get our "world-beating" NHS codes read by their EU integrated system. And provided plentiful testing stations to get home again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Inboard wrote:
lazyskier wrote:
From immediate France now requires all travellers to have a proper PCR done within 24 hours of departure

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

That’s not my reading of that site. Non-vaccinated folk need -ve PCR test within 24hrs of departure, yes, but if you’re fully vaccinated then no test required.

+1 and also the French page still has its warning banner that it will be updated AFTER 29/11 https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/#sommaire_1
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skimum1 wrote:
lazyskier wrote:
Equally what is the view from the French government? Im sure Macron wants any reason to ban Brits due to fish and migrants…but Alpine people will still welcome us with open arms or perhaps more accurately…our wallets! Smile

Why say this? France was brilliant over the summer, sensible entry system for adults and teens and worked hard to get our "world-beating" NHS codes read by their EU integrated system. And provided plentiful testing stations to get home again.

It has to be said the French have generally been more sensible than the UK.

Imagine for example if France followed the UK and had Day 2 PCR test to release... All ski holidays to France would effectively be finished, for most.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No change yet on FR Interior, 27/11, and Diplomatic, 22/11, websites either.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Really can not believe posters on here are just concerned about their "Holiday" Unbelievable ..

Forget about it for this season....

Dont become part of the problem filling up Hospitals with your broken wrists, twisted knees , broken hips etc

#STAYATHOME

Checkout this

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/covid-19-returnees-from-red-states-will-not-need-to-sign-isolation-form-687300

This is not the Answer... Vaccines that have only been tested short term & NO LONG TERM STUDIES..

A life on 6 monthly boosters .... NO Thanks

Millions here in Switzerland & Austria,Germany, Netherland, Easter Europe think otherwise ...

Respect Freedom & Choices

http://youtube.com/v/oJeP3-350xQ

There will be follow up MAJOR Demos in ALL Austrian Citys in the coming days ....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Austria

Currently Tourists are Forbidden ... officially not even to 2nd homes as this is classified as Tourism..

Only Business Travel is permitted

Lockdown is almost certain to continue beyond Dec 12th for Hotels & Gastro.. (closed)

Dec 20 being the latest date...

However, there will be a nightime Curfew of 22:00hrs

Clubs,Discos, Apres Ski will not be allowed to open until at least January/February

Some people are planning to stay in Hotels in Germany or Italy & take daytrips on the train across the border (Switzerland is to expensive for Ski bums) to Ski in Austria however buying lift tickets will be problem when you have to present your ID ...

Enjoy your Xmas & New Year at Home

frohe weihnachten und ein gutes neues jahr
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The above forum user is not correct. Visiting second homes in Austria is currently permitted. Day trips for skiing from, for example, Germany are also allowed.

There is currently no firm government decision regarding end of lockdown, but it is likely to be for vaccinated people only, so people such as the above forum user will be excluded. I suspect this user just likes to create controversy.

You do not have to present ID to purchase lift passes, only proof of vaccination.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 30-11-21 12:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^ this is a combination of uninformed speculation and nonsense. Ignore it. There have still been no official announcements in Austria. Until there are, everything is still to play for.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our resident troll may be subject to additional restrictions as he has chosen to be part of the problem by not being vaccinated.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Imagine being an antivaxer and trying to take the moral highground on behaviour during a pandemic.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
^ this is a combination of uninformed speculation and nonsense. Ignore it. There have still been no official announcements in Austria. Until there are, everything is still to play for.

Exactly - Ignore it Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Unfortunately for our British Friends the Ski Season may halt before it even gets going.....

Expect imminent EU Travel restrictions.... Shocked Shocked

https://uk.investing.com/news/coronavirus/uks-johnson-warns-tidal-wave-of-omicron-cases-set-to-hit-2535352
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well, Johnson's announcement and "shows of activity" yesterday and today are just to try to distract public's attention from his own failures (and parties Wink ).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59631893

But, indeed, the EU might now react ... (but I am still hoping to go to France right after the New Year)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's the distinct possibility that the anti-vaxxers don't get to see how the end game plays out.

Oh what irony Toofy Grin
latest report
Thanks to Stanton for posting that. I now know it's not worth looking at for Investment advice as it can't interpret numbers.

But the fear remains of not skiing this season across the whole of Europe, Omicron is already seeded Europe wide. The only race is that for boosters.
latest report
stanton really is a complete a utter cockwomble. why is he not blocked from this forum ?
snow report
backhojo wrote:
stanton really is a complete a utter cockwomble. why is he not blocked from this forum ?

Care in the virtual community?
snow conditions
backhojo wrote:

Admin takes a relaxed view on banning peeps :: Nigel is restricted to one post a today - as is the person who has lost a 'glove'
ski holidays
I just scroll past his posts without reading them. Not worth my time.
latest report
Don’t know about the rest of the season (I don’t think anyone else does, either) but I’m currently in Les Arcs and yesterday had one of my most enjoyable day’s skiing in a long time. Perfect weather and lifts gradually opening to provide repeated laps of fresh tracks after a week of heavy snow. It would have been a great day at any time of the winter, but as it was the opening weekend in mid-December it made it even more special.

I was able to enjoy this because I’m fully vaccinated, unlike our anti-vaxx protagonist, who might well be subject to more restrictions than me for the rest of the winter. The season might well have a question mark over it, but I suspect that doubt will be much greater for those who self-inflict restrictions on themselves by choosing not to be vaccinated. That seems like a dumb choice to me, but I guess it takes all sorts…
ski holidays
This thread kinda comes back to haunt .....
snow conditions
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-narcissistic-personality-disorder-2795446 Very Happy
snow report
Symptoms
Some of the symptoms associated with NPD include:1

Belief that one is unique or special and should only associate with other people of the same status
Constant need for attention, affirmation, and praise
Exaggerated sense of one's own abilities and achievements
Exploiting other people for personal gain
Feeling envious of others, or believing that others are envious of them
Lack of empathy for others
Persistent fantasies about attaining success and power
Preoccupation with power or success
Sense of entitlement and expectation of special treatment3
People with narcissistic personality disorder are typically described as arrogant, conceited, self-centered, and haughty. Because they imagine themselves as superior to others, they often insist on possessing items that reflect a successful lifestyle.

Despite this exaggerated self-image, they are reliant on constant praise and attention to reinforce their self-esteem. As a result, those with narcissistic personality disorder are usually very sensitive to criticism, which is often viewed as a personal attack.
ski holidays
Quote:

This thread kinda comes back to haunt .

Well here in Chamonix it certainly doesn't feel like a season in doubt!
snow report
stanton wrote:

Must be nice to get a thrill from saying told you so.

Now we only need Euro/Sterling parity for a total frenzy of excited gloating rolling eyes .
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Well if you will be part of the problem by being anti-vaxx then what do you expect - your season, and all subsequent ones, will remain in doubt
latest report
Have Italy and Spain caved please?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At the moment Spain is ok as long as you are vaccinated.... Fingers crossed it starts that way as my wife is due to fly next week to Barcelona
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
At the moment Spain is ok as long as you are vaccinated.... Fingers crossed it starts that way as my wife is due to fly next week to Barcelona

Ta
ski holidays
I see spain has now reimposed its ridiculous outdoor mask mandate. Does this mean you have to wear a mask skiing all day long? or risk the police slaping a fine on you at random if you are non spanish?
ski holidays
Possibly, but as I'm sitting on a sofa in Andorra looking at snow wishing I hadn't picked up COVID I'd gladly do it if it allows me to ski when I'm over it.
Especially if they still allow UK people to enter situation without too many hoops.
snow report
stanton wrote:

Law of Averages, Mate, Law of Averages...
ski holidays
Charliegolf wrote:
stanton wrote:

Law of Averages, Mate, Law of Averages...

And even a stopped clock is right twice a day…
ski holidays
Am reading early reports from decent sources suggesting Omicron giving only "mild" illnesses. If this continues, might there be a chance that the current French restrictions will be lifted in time for our 1st week of March ski holiday? Or have we had it for this year?
ski holidays
jonnyboy9 wrote:
Am reading early reports from decent sources suggesting Omicron giving only "mild" illnesses. If this continues, might there be a chance that the current French restrictions will be lifted in time for our 1st week of March ski holiday? Or have we had it for this year?

There's also suggestions that the rapid spike in cases may be followed by a rapid decrease in cases soon after.

March is still a long way away so I wouldn't do anything hasty at this point - personally I think anything from the start of Feb has got a good chance. We're due to go out in mid-Jan, and while the situation is not looking good., we're not cancelling anything yet as there is still hope.
latest report
pieman666 wrote:
Possibly, but as I'm sitting on a sofa in Andorra looking at snow wishing I hadn't picked up COVID I'd gladly do it if it allows me to ski when I'm over it.
Especially if they still allow UK people to enter situation without too many hoops.

I hope you aren't too ill.

But, as much as I love skiing, that would be the finish for me. Masks being required on the approach to empty chairlifts, in the outdoors, in France pushed my tolerance to the limit 2 weeks ago...
snow report
philipb wrote:
Quote:

This thread kinda comes back to haunt .

Well here in Chamonix it certainly doesn't feel like a season in doubt!

Good for you - but that must be true for only a tiny minority of UK-based skiers. Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

I hope you aren't too ill.

Thanks @Bergmeister, I'm fine no symptoms now at its worst I had a slightly runny nose and a scratchy throat....
I understand your point of view on what is too much to tolerate. I'm not sure where my line is and hope I don't get to find out
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
jonnyboy9 wrote:

There's also suggestions that the rapid spike in cases may be followed by a rapid decrease in cases soon after.

March is still a long way away so I wouldn't do anything hasty at this point - personally I think anything from the start of Feb has got a good chance. We're due to go out in mid-Jan, and while the situation is not looking good., we're not cancelling anything yet as there is still hope.

Thank you for that crumb of much-needed comfort!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy