Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the 2021/2022 in doubt ?

Poster: A snowHead
@Mike Pow, Let's hope their new Welsh 'firebreak' has more of an impact than the last one did.
If I remember correctly, Wales were the only region to do it and infections bounced straight back and they still ended up with a higher rate than any other region in the UK.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Waste of time
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would make sense to have a plan B.
It's not rocket science to plan some extra homework for an extra week's holiday with 4 week's notice.

Of course, those that don't bother can always blame Boris for not giving enough notice, even if it won't be his decision (as in Wales).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowhound, I think the firebreak last year proved that 2 weeks was not enough. Should have been at least 3 to break the cycle. May be different with the Delta variant as the incubation period is shorter, but ending it only a day or two too early would make the whole thing pointless.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brianatab wrote:
Would make sense to have a plan B.
It's not rocket science to plan some extra homework for an extra week's holiday with 4 week's notice.

Of course, those that don't bother can always blame Boris for not giving enough notice, even if it won't be his decision (as in Wales).

There is no reason why schools could not return to remote teaching for rather than setting extra homework. I believe almost all pupils now have access to IT after the problems in lockdown one.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Charliegolf wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

Don’t be surprised to see Wales introduce a firebreak of somesort during school half term end of October, if not sooner.

Am in schools a lot at the mo. They're not planning for it.

Assuming it's around here, then you are aware we have the highest case rate in the UK & certain restrictions already returned to the classroom.
I guess it all depends if other areas infections follow or if this is the peak. I know Scotland had a big spike in areas after schools returned..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowsartre wrote:
@Mr.Egg, all very lamentable, but I don’t want to ski in Wales

Your loss Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@brianatab, 3-4 weeks is a long time for businesses to lose money and kids to miss school, for a virus which overwhelmingly only puts people in hospital if they've made the choice not be vaccinated. Not sure if the rest of us should be held hostage by them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Snowsartre, You clearly don't have teenage children and have seen the damage that remote learning can and has done to them. It's not just the teaching itself-it's everything else that comes with being at school.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Pow wrote:
Snowsartre wrote:
@Mr.Egg, all very lamentable, but I don’t want to ski in Wales

Your loss Smile

One I will just have to live with Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowhound, You are mistaken on both counts - my point was that online live learning in case of a fire-break was better for pupils than extra homework.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
With respect, I am a teacher so have seen first hand the damage that remote learning has done.
And I never supported the political posturing by the unions.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowhound, I am not knocking teachers; they have done an amazing job during the pandemic. I just don't think extra homework is a good thing. No biggie and something of a diversion from the OP.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many councils don’t allow live learning for various reasons so a week or two of having lessons posted online is good for no one.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@james75, were that true, that would be illegal as the gvt, using its limitless powers under the Coronavirus Act, has mandated schools to teach online if required to do so.
ski holidays
Snowsartre wrote:
@james75, were that true, that would be illegal as the gvt, using its limitless powers under the Coronavirus Act, has mandated schools to teach online if required to do so.

Are you an authority on each and every council within the uk? If so then there are many whom are acting illegally. Several reasons why, each of which make it highly unlikely that any government could mandate what you are suggesting they have done. I would welcome your proof/evidence of this claim.
snow report
@james75, just before other snowHead crack out the popcorn: https://schoolsweek.co.uk/dfe-reintroduces-remote-learning-legal-duty-for-2021-22-academic-year/
latest report
Aaahhh you seem to have confused England with Wales.
snow conditions
@james75, nice save Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Not a save really your statement is factually incorrect.
snow report
Is the 2021/2022 season in doubt?
snow report
denfinella wrote:

No.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
denfinella wrote:

No.

Yes, in certain countries
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
denfinella wrote:

No.

I hope you're correct, as I have gone nuts and currently have no less than 5 holidays book in the next 12 months, 2 of which are skiing.
latest report
No.

The big difference is resorts giving job interviews - last year it was "we will open with the staff we have, if it happens".

This year its not IF its smaller (although some not so small) details. Pass sanitaire yes/no? Natural snow or cannons? Brits or Yanks?
latest report
Is the 2021/2022 in doubt? May well (unfortunately) be for our British friends .. Shocked Shocked

If these spiralling numbers are not bought under control ASAP ... I can imagine many European Countries re-imposing Travel restrictions on the UK.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-covid-infection-rate-global-comparison-johns-hopkins-who-b958154.html#
snow report
@stanton, thankfully, you are not in charge of travel policy in said countries.
latest report
@Timmycb5, it's a thread started by them to foment detrimental UK focused views as it exists in their cranial swamp, and clearly troubles the original author that the intended audience is not sitting waiting for such overarching opinion.

Can safely be ignored as not worth the electronic "paper" on which it's written.

The OP will keep stoking periodically to bring thread back to promince.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ski3, thankfully said OP is limited to 1 post per day, as I understand things.
ski holidays
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/austria

Updated COVID-19 in Austria
October 04, 2021
Avoid travel to Austria. If you must travel to Austria, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel.

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/themen/sars-cov-2/2123616-1.404-Neuinfektionen-in-Oesterreich-8-Todesfaelle.html

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/coronakarten/
snow report
At this minute, about 2% of the UK population are infected with Covid 19.

At this minute, about 0.2% of the Austrian population are infected with Covid 19.
latest report
At this minute less than 0.1% of the UK population are sufficiently ill with covid to need any medical attention.
Even this figure may be an overestimate, as it includes people in hospital who have tested positive for covid while needing treatment for something else.
I don't know what the comparable figure in austria is.
snow report
peerless ploughman wrote:
At this minute less than 0.1% of the UK population are sufficiently ill with covid to need any medical attention.
Even this figure may be an overestimate, as it includes people in hospital who have tested positive for covid while needing treatment for something else.
An educated guess would be 0.01%. Don't really think that is enough to warrant not visiting Austria! We'd be more likely to take it over there than bring it back.
snow report
stanton wrote:

Avoid travel to Austria.

An unreported side effect of the mixed jabs seems to be that I find myself agreeing with Stanton. Smile
ski holidays
And today's reported figures are 910 new cases as opposed to 1561 on the same day last week. @Stanton will be bleeding on about parity next.
snow report
@Timmycb5, Actually depends which data you're looking at. Official positive tests gives 0.35%, ONS random survey around 1 in 90 (1.1%). Just need to be careful you're comparing like with like when looking at Austria v UK comparisons.
latest report
peerless ploughman wrote:

There are approx 872 people in hospital with Covid in Austria. As a percentage of the 8.9M population, it’s about 0.0097%, so yeah, 0.01% is pretty much spot on Cool
snow report
All these comments above continually comparing covid rates, percentage of population, those requiring care just proves we need to stop testing and stop publishing so much data, it doesn't matter we've been vaccinated and ongoing vaccination will continue. Too many closet scientists on here with little knowledge and a little knowledge (as shown on here time and time again) is a dangerous thing. No doubt I'll get much heat from those who've elevated themselves to position of data analyst supremo, epidemiologist and virologist with nothing more than a GSCE to back it up.

As far as I'm concerned I've been double vaccinated there's not much more I can do I expect to travel and pretty much do as I please, not worn a mask for a few months and no intention to do so unless mandated such as on an aeroplane. I don't care if a county has 1000 cases per 100,000 or 100 cases per 100,000. Need to move on from the fixation of covid rates unless we can start testing for all circulating virus and transmissible disease I'd prefer that from continual testing of a virus that most people don't even know they've had.
ski holidays
@James77, you are, perhaps, misunderstanding why some people have quoted figures. I have quoted them as a direct response to Stanton saying we should avoid Austria. The figures prove that he is talking garbage, and that the infection rate there is tiny.

I am currently sitting on a train home from the office. An office which I chose to go to as we are all still being encouraged to wfh, though the office is there for anyone that wants to go.

I am more than happy to, and expect to travel. I even went to a conference in London last week.
snow report
@James77, if you go to the originator of this thread you'll see who and that they've posted near on 24,000 times Shocked in this site giving out "useful" information and advice to UK inhabitants not to travel.

Could be seen clearly as a waste of their insignificant life as social parasite in which they think anyone is really going to take note.

As you indicate though, it's not worthy of discussion in the context they try and foment. Safely ignored for all that need to make their own plans to productively engage in more interesting activities than getting on the internet to tell people what they shouldn't be doing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy