Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the 2021/2022 in doubt ?

Poster: A snowHead
Wise man once said « man with loudest mouth has smallest brain »
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BobinCH wrote:
Wise man once said « man with loudest mouth has smallest brain »

"if you know it you do not speak it , if you speak it you do not know it" .......... old Zen proverb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle wrote:
@BobinCH, Laughing

Actually my wife corrected me. It was a wise woman… wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, sounds like she talks too much Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, Confucius say: who care what bellend think when you ha'skiied full season?

@skimastaaah, excellent words of wisdom, pass them on to your doctor when he next gives you a diagnosis.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boobleblooble, I am a doctor. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boobleblooble wrote:
@BobinCH, Confucius say: who care what bellend think when you ha'skiied full season?

@skimastaaah, excellent words of wisdom, pass them on to your doctor when he next gives you a diagnosis.

10/10 great trolling, you made yourself really quite unlikeable with the trumpy covid denying vibe, but taunting people about not skiing, next level!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boobleblooble,
Quote:

Thing is, he has also skied the whole season. You are the bellend here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jimmer, ah yes no surer sign of an idiot than churning out the catchphrases: "covid-denier". Do you also refer to the NHS "being overwhelmed" and anything other than endless lockdowns as "letting the virus rip"? Don't forget: even though I think you and many others on here are tossers I'm arguing for you to be free to go skiing. I reckon that so many of are you desperate for the lockdowns and all the other hated controls that have wasted a season and a half of skiing to be worthwhile that you can't countenance the idea that it was all a waste. That's fair enough. But becoming wedded to an idea because it feels to late to go back is foolish and tacitly gives the government support to do it again. Have you even written to your MP? The local paper? Anything? If you've just sat and taken it then why would the government change their mind?

@Hurtle, oh aye and he skiied every day?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was going to ask the OP to delete the thread then realised that he too is a complete fud.....................
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was a good, useful thread for a while but, as so often happens, a couple of trolls turned up and kicked it all into touch.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The thread is as repetitive as the SCGB one but somewhat more amusing with all the vituperation being thrown around and a different cast of characters
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@countryman, How dare you use long words like vituperation. You obviously have a completely inflated opinion of yourself. And I bet you didn't ski every day last season.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boobleblooble wrote:
@jimmer, ah yes no surer sign of an idiot than churning out the catchphrases: "covid-denier". Do you also refer to the NHS "being overwhelmed" and anything other than endless lockdowns as "letting the virus rip"? Don't forget: even though I think you and many others on here are tossers I'm arguing for you to be free to go skiing. I reckon that so many of are you desperate for the lockdowns and all the other hated controls that have wasted a season and a half of skiing to be worthwhile that you can't countenance the idea that it was all a waste. That's fair enough. But becoming wedded to an idea because it feels to late to go back is foolish and tacitly gives the government support to do it again. Have you even written to your MP? The local paper? Anything? If you've just sat and taken it then why would the government change their mind?

I think because you are believe in zero restrictions during a pandemic, you automatically assume that people who disagree with you must want the exact opposite, i.e. maximum lockdown permanently. Which is, of course, absolutely idiotic. You probably include me in that category, which is weird as I went on holiday to France last summer, have fully paid to go again in 6 weeks, have paid the deposit for 2 x ski trips in Jan/Feb 2022 and go to the pub regularly. I even, shock horror, shake people's hands. You may not realise it, but you are at the extreme end of the anti lock down curve and fail to understand that 95% of people are not at the opposite end of the curve to you.
ski holidays
boobleblooble wrote:

I am sorry for calling you a covid denier, is there a term you prefer? Selfish gammon?

As a resident of Japan, no I haven't written to any MPs, doesn't mean I can't find your posts hilarious though. Are you not trying to be funny?
latest report
stanton wrote:
The EU Vaccine Passport will come into effect from July 1

That's the theory, what happens in reality is a different matter. For example Italy doesn't seem to respect the EU Vaccine passport and imposes a whole raft of additional requirements for EU nationals entering from the Schengen zone and those requirements remain in place at least until the 31st of July according to the Italian government website.

Switzerland you don't seem to need anything to enter as an EU national.

So it is all a bit random.
snow report
@Timmycb5, oh dear. OK. I think that there should be a balance between basic individual freedoms and protection of the whole. Lockdowns and obligatory masks are not balanced. They have never been tried before in such a fashion and the point is that they were imposed. You list all the things you've done but have you done any of them when they were forbidden? I think you obeyed the rules and kept any breaches private instead of having the balls to state them publicly.

@jimmer, excellent: I bet you'd froth and rage if I compared anyone else's skin colour to food but if they're white it's OK? Ironic given the Japanese attitude to foreigners. I also note that Japan didn't have a full lockdown as their laws prevented it. Very nice of you to call others who hate lockdowns 'deniers' but not have to put up with one yourself.
latest report
boobleblooble wrote:
@Timmycb5, oh dear. OK. I think that there should be a balance between basic individual freedoms and protection of the whole. Lockdowns and obligatory masks are not balanced. They have never been tried before in such a fashion and the point is that they were imposed. You list all the things you've done but have you done any of them when they were forbidden? I think you obeyed the rules and kept any breaches private instead of having the balls to state them publicly.

@jimmer, excellent: I bet you'd froth and rage if I compared anyone else's skin colour to food but if they're white it's OK? Ironic given the Japanese attitude to foreigners. I also note that Japan didn't have a full lockdown as their laws prevented it. Very nice of you to call others who hate lockdowns 'deniers' but not have to put up with one yourself.

No, I haven't breached the rules, as I'm not a selfish prick. But neither have I cowered behind my sofa begging for more restrictions, and have welcomed each easing with delight.
latest report
@Timmycb5, well said sir.
latest report
@boobleblooble,
Are you outspoken on the internet because in the armed services you have to do what you are told?
Will you be skiing every day next season too?
ski holidays
boobleblooble wrote:

If you managed to ski a full season then why are you prattling on here about how awful the world is Puzzled
latest report
@Timmycb5, are there any rules the government could have imposed on you which you would've disobeyed?

@DB, we're not in the armed forces: what's that got to do with it?

@BobinCH, because others have suffered and frequently died early from cancer and other diseases when they were forgotten or ignored in the rush to treat C19 patients.
ski holidays
@boobleblooble, If you actually cared about cancer patients then you would broadly support lockdown measures. The last thing that someone on chemotherapy, with a greatly weakened immune system, wants is to catch Covid and the best way to achieve this is to not have Covid being widespread and the only realistic way to keep a lid on the pandemic has been lock downs. Without a lockdown diagnoses of cancer would likely be even lower as due to the high levels coronavirus at medical facilities people would have been even less likely to go to their GP, GPs and hospitals would be even less capable of coping, and people with a weakened immune system due to an undiagnosed cancer would be even more likely to catch Covid and die due to the higher levels of coronavirus in society.

Yes, coronavirus has been poo-poo for people at any stage of cancer treatment/diagnosis but it would almost certainly have been much worse were it not for the lock down measures
snow report
@rambotion, why couldn't cancer patients stay at home? I think cancer treatment being cancelled is probably more lethal then C19 and not all cancer patients are immunocompromised.

You also make the assumption that lockdowns work which is dubious at best. I've heard your point about the system being even more badly crippled by C19 if there were no restrictions but if that's the case then why haven't Sweden and Japan fallen apart? Sweden had lower overall deaths last year than the EU average by some margin. They aren't lying about in mounds of dead in Japan either.

Show me proof that lockdowns work. Here's some that the fall in infections and imposition of lockdowns aren't linked: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/06/03/german-study-finds-lockdown-had-little-effect-virus-infections/amp/. In previous pandemics people kept away from one another and protected themselves and didn't need to be ordered to do so by the government.

Normally a medical intervention has to be robustly tested and trialled on small numbers before being introduced. Imposition is extremely difficult and legally fraught. Yet within the space of a few weeks the government imposed probably the most drastic social and medical intervention in history. Where was the research to support that decision? What argument was made for both positives and negatives?
latest report
@boobleblooble, Cancer patients can largely stay at home but many/most don't live alone and without specific measures from the government most of their family members can't. As well as family members being a risk, if coronavirus is widespread it is even harder for hospital to not catch it and then pass it on to their patients

Japan has a much more effective track and trace system than the UK due to previous pandemic experience, a lot of lockdown, semi lock down, curfew, state of emergency and other measures and even with all of that in recent weeks its hospitals have been struggling

Sweden has a much higher death rate than its neighbours, it is helped by having far fewer multigenerational households than the UK allowing the old to easily voluntarily isolate, it hasn't had no lock down measures, and the Swedes appear to be particularly willing to follow non-mandatory advice

Whenever the UK implements a lock down cases fall shortly afterwards. To me, this is pretty good evidence that lock downs work. Some argue that this is due to some natural cycle but the best proof that lockdowns work is probably the dip in infections after lockdown measures were reintroduced in the second wave and then as soon as the measures were lifted in the run up to Christmas infections took off like a rocket. I don't like lockdown either, but I am yet to see any evidence that they are not effective in supressing the virus. Of course, as soon as they're released cases start to rise again and if there was no vaccine then you might conclude that there was no point as its simply kicking the can down the road. However, as lockdowns have bought us time while the vaccine is rolled out I find it hard to believe that these measures haven't saved a large number of lives
ski holidays
@rambotion, would helping cancer patients to stay at home not be cheaper than shutting hundreds of thousands of businesses? It was managed for furlough etc so clearly not impossible.

How can you track an airborne disease in a crowded, industrialised country like Japan? All it takes is one person to get on the underground or overground train at a busy time of day and that's it. They didn't have a lockdown as I've said: their laws prevent it. Where's the struggle: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/japan/?

I hear this a lot: why are you comparing Sweden to her immediate neighbours? As I've said before the C19 deaths were entirely average for the EU/Europe and the overall deaths lower than average. Their method clearly wasn't a disaster as was being insisted in the Press last year.

Actually no, cases began to fall before the lockdowns either started or could possibly have taken effect. This has been suggested to be caused by people voluntarily staying in as they perceive the situation to be worse. Would infections not have increased everywhere given that it was winter? The exact same thing happened across the world regardless of lockdown measures. Peru and Belgium had strict controls yet did terribly with deaths.
ski holidays
boobleblooble wrote:
@DB, we're not in the armed forces: what's that got to do with it?

Can't recall the exact wording but remember you saying you worked for the services, thought maybe you were a medic in the armed services or something.
Some ex-military personnel rebel against "the system" when they finish/drop out of service.

Take it you won't be doing a season next year as you didn't answer my second question.
I get your points although at the end of the day it's ultimately not the UK government that decides who can ski abroad but the local governments (e.g. France, Austria, Italy etc)

After Ischgl here in Austria people (including ski tourists) pursued legal action against the Authorities for not locking down earlier. Everyone has a degree in hindsight and whatever they do there will be criticism.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Answer to the OP:

Not currently but things may change.
ski holidays
@BobinCH, empty vessels make most sound?
snow report
boobleblooble wrote:
me me me me me still me

Away and boil your heid as they say around these parts.
ski holidays
Is it too early for the “no snow yet thread?” Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
harrim51 wrote:

They're still skiing on last years snow in Avoriaz!
ski holidays
harrim51 wrote:

Kaprun 3m base, Hintertux and the Möltaler glacier over 4m.
latest report
OK, I get it... Razz Razz Razz
snow report
This is what happens when zealots are brainwashed by anti-science rhetoric. I guess what I see in this thread is on the mild side of that.

https://twitter.com/StefSimanowitz/status/1404684367251791872
latest report
@rob@rar, blimey.

I'd be swinging at the people up in his face.
snow report
boobleblooble wrote:

@BobinCH, because others have suffered and frequently died early from cancer and other diseases when they were forgotten or ignored in the rush to treat C19 patients.

If you were in the Alps this season you are no doubt aware of the horror scenes, just over the border, in Northern Italian hospitals that woke everyone up to what can happen very quickly without covid restrictions.

As a skibum/trainee ski instructor, or whatever you are, what gives you such arrogance to preach to us all about what idiots we are for following Covid guidelines?

Were you one of the « freedom fighters » who refused to wear a mask on the ski lifts only for the liftie to stop the lift and the waiting lift line to abuse you into submission?

Did this leave some deep seated psychological wound you are still trying to heal?
snow conditions
So. Anyway. Is next season in doubt? Very Happy
latest report
Charliegolf wrote:
So. Anyway. Is next season in doubt? Very Happy

Absolutely not. There will be plenty of Alpine holidays on offer and resorts will be operating. At worst, it'll be like Switzerland last season. Nationals won't have any problem skiing. The French will happily take Brits' money while regarding them with the same contempt that they reserve for Parisians. Cheap catered chalets will be a thing of the past. There will be a lot of confusion about what Covid boosters and Green Pass app you'll need for what country. There will be long queues at destination airport passport control. The loud Brit Covid Denier will become the next télécabine bore. Otherwise, back to normal.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 15-06-21 17:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy