Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ski Instructor's Frozen Body Found In Austrian Mountain Hut

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Poor guy. RIP
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
luigi wrote:
Tragic and sad! No-one would be doing something like that if not compelled to by some unfortunate set of circumstances, be it bad weather, loss of income/previous accommodation, mental health issues, so only sympathy from me! RIP Sad

Me too
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
really tragic to read

It reminded me that last night around 2230 I went out to my tesco express and someone approached me as I was walking down the road, in a split second my mind knew he was safe to approach as if he was someone that wanted to ask directions, genuinely felt no need to keep my guard up. The guy wanted to introduce himself and he was timid, he didn't know how to tell me or what to ask, but then he just said it, that he had just become homeless and he didn't know what to do - you could tell he was in shock, you could see the confusion in his eyes, the disbelief - it also took me by surprise as I realised I didn't know what to do - he didn't want food or money, and I know there are the helplines and he had already rang them and was waiting for a call back. I went into tesco a minute later when I stepped out and processed it all he had vanished. It just really sat with me after, how much we take for granted, and that how fortunate we are to nearly all have friends and family, and hopefully the courage to reach out for help if ever needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know this is a bit morbid but some background on "Dave the Englishman" - link thanks to David Goldsmith

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseyside-ski-instructor-found-frozen-19750132?fbclid=IwAR0p1IJ9LV7cvZP-VoquO5kr-IHWAKoYrYjvKpoZzeU327dbEqjp8QqT3cE

The Times is also running a story but it is behind a paywall. Apparently the whole village really has turned out for his funeral but they are having trouble tracing next of kin.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mystery-of-dead-ski-instructor-dave-the-englishman-r775hl2hx?fbclid=IwAR1iNZxtpwCCe1RPUs49-T7WR6JtB-bIg3Jw5tmMI_NDv2mzQDVu8bUvJqc
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy