Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you been to Switzerland recently ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys.

I was planning on going to Switzerland next weekend(driving) but apparently Netherlands was added to the "risk countries list" last Friday and it is mandatory to go for 10 days quarantine in Swtizerland Confused
As I was planning to stay only the weekend that makes it impossible.

Does anyone know if they are really making any kind of control in the borders for cars ? I know that border countries like Belgium and Germany are not controlling the borders... any info ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AndreSilva, your message sounds like you deliberately want to flout quarantine rules?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queenie pretty please wrote:
@AndreSilva, your message sounds like you deliberately want to flout quarantine rules?

I'm travelling alone and staying alone, it is safer than someone that goes to a supermarket.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndreSilva wrote:

I'm travelling alone and staying alone, it is safer than someone that goes to a supermarket.

So yes is the answer?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndreSilva wrote:

What are you planning to do when you get there that involves you remaining “alone”?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@AndreSilva, I drove into Switzerland from France about 3 weeks ago, and had a 20 minute 'discussion' with the border police about the purpose of my visit.
I was coming from the UK, and heading for a residence in Italy, which I was able to demonstrate with the relevant paperwork.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AndreSilva, the rules apply to everyone. What makes you think they do not apply to you?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queenie pretty please, ok boomer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was it a trip to test your eyesight?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@AndreSilva, fine. I honestly hope you get stopped and fined heavily. You are really indicative of why the pandemic has been so hard to control.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AndreSilva wrote:
. That was uncalled for.

If you are intent on breaking rules that have been set out for everyone’s welfare then I can only hope you dont get help to do so from here.

Good luck to you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm actually slightly too young to be a boomer.

But the OP is clearly precisely the right age to be a dickhead. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My son is driving from Cannes to Verbier today, I'll let you know how he gets on.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
@AndreSilva, When the Border Guards see you have made the effort to drive the 500Km, I'm sure they will just wave you through. Go for it, what's to lose ?
snow report
I'm sure they will be trying their best to keep out the Brazilian variant.
snow conditions

This made me laugh. Top work.
snow report
Will you be transporting bacon butties confiscated from British truck drivers?

Be sure to take a sleeping bag, it‘s a long way to the border and back in one day and hotels may not be open for tourists.

It‘s not just about getting there either
https://www.voanews.com/europe/switzerland-british-quarantined-ski-resort-flee
snow report
Apparently this post sends the wrong message, sorry if anyone is offended, I asked @Admin to delete this.
snow conditions
Wow.

Person who clearly is umming and ahing is jumped on because of something they might do.

Personally, I wouldn't go, because I wouldn't like to cross the Swiss Police. Before I'd even got off the jet bridge at Zurich, a rather large, armed Swiss policeman was having a discussion with a person from the flight who wasn't wearing a mask. From the very brief window I had to observe the matter, it seemed that there was not going to be any negotiation. Nor would I expect any if they showed up at my accommodation and found it empty. Also, the risk of a large fine and a massively wasted journey is a bit much for me. Don't know how you're fixed, but the thought of handing over that much money and what I can do with it and the time spent...nah.

I can't knock you for thinking about it. If you do go, however, do not neglect your safety. I will call you an idiot if I read about you being chiselled out of an avalanche and cryogenically preserved as a warning to rule breakers, or ending up in a car smash because you were nervous about police pursuit. Nor do I particularly wish to read about a "successful" weekend's skiing on here shortly. That would also be quite silly.
ski holidays
@Headengel2020,
Personally I wouldn't go because I might infect someone, they might die or suffer from permanent lung damage, lose fingers or even their eyesight - for what, just because I want to go skiing?
Very nice of you to worry about his safety in an avalanche when he doesn't appear to show the same concern for others.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 18-01-21 12:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
May I also point out that calling someone "a boomer" on Snowheads is probably akin to shouting "Racist!" at a KKK meeting.
snow report
DB wrote:
@Headengel2020,
for what, just because I want to go skiing?

Never said I was going skiing...
ski holidays
"Wow.

Person who clearly is umming and ahing is jumped on because of something they might do." @Headengel2020,

I don't see it like that at all.

Person seeks advice from open forum (nothing wrong with this) someone responds with, given current circumstances, something of an enquiring stance (nothing wrong with that) but then OP responds with name calling. Doesn't really matter what they used, but such a puerile attitude is most likely to draw further comment.

Why would others even both to assist the OP if treated like that.

Common courtesy really.
snow report
AndreSilva wrote:
DB wrote:
@Headengel2020,

I never said you were going skiing, but as you posted it on a ski forum I bet you weren't going to drive all that way and back just to buy a cuckoo clock.
So care to share with us what the valid reason for your journey is?
snow conditions
DB wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:
DB wrote:
@Headengel2020,

I never said you were going skiing, but as you posted it on a ski forum I bet you weren't going to drive all that way and back just to buy a cuckoo clock.
So care to share with us what the valid reason for your journey is?

Birdwatching.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
@Headengel2020,
Personally I wouldn't go because I might infect someone, they might die or suffer from permanent lung damage, lose fingers or even their eyesight - for what, just because I want to go skiing?
Very nice of you to worry about his safety in an avalanche when he doesn't appear to show the same concern for others.

You might do that anyway in a normal season. In both cases the odds are so, so low that it is a little drastic to say such a thing.

Although the comment re Boomer on here really did brighten my morning, so thank you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@AndreSilva, you’re hardly helping yourself, there is a saying, when in a hole stop digging.

PS Is there a similar saying in the Netherlands?
snow report
@ski3 I stand corrected and shall wind in my clearly overlarge head. It is rather tempting, and wholly misleading, to read rising inflection into anything on the internet.
snow conditions
Gotta be stanton
latest report
@AndreSilva, Just for you ...........

http://youtube.com/v/X70VMrH3yBg

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ster wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:
. That was uncalled for.

If you are intent on breaking rules that have been set out for everyone’s welfare then I can only hope you dont get help to do so from here.

Good luck to you.

I try not to be judgemental but it's like someone who I think is real and and previously posted reasonably has decided to show how much of a dick he can be in as few posts as possible.

Do Switzerland mean it? Yes, apparently they do

Will they look kindly on someone who appears to be travelling from the NL and be Brazilian (an extra dose of prejudice in the current situation whether justified or not)? Probably not
ski holidays

DJL wrote:
I'm sure they will be trying their best to keep out the Brazilian variant.

Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
... Will they look kindly on someone who appears to be travelling from the NL and be Brazilian (an extra dose of prejudice in the current situation whether justified or not)? Probably not

You guys are more than welcome to not agree with me, even if I just asked something about a remote possibility and not something I did.
VERY SAD to see people swearing towards me and making racist comments like that... never expected this here.
snow report
Ok then @AndreSilva, do you feel that your initial response to @queenie pretty please, was proportionate, or even would lead to a balanced informative rich supply of information that you sought?

It looks more like you've set the tone of responses you expect.

Talking of Brazilian origins and Netherlands location in the real context of transmitted Covid, and how you'd be viewed by the Swiss authorities (because that is the fabric of what you are asking, I've no idea if you hold Brazilian identity) is not racist. By using that perspective it's you that contribute to the corrosive effects of the true definition of that description along with it's innapropriate use in this thread.
snow report
AndreSilva wrote:
Hey guys.

I'm thinking about breaking the law in various countries in order to prevent the control of a virus that is ruining our economies and killing shitloads of nice people. Can anyone on snowHeads give me advice on how i can do this. PS might also do a bit of skiing while I'm at it

FIFY
snow report
@AndreSilva, As a keen birdwatcher myself, what rareity were you hoping to see in Switzerland?
You must be a keen twitcher to drive 500miles for a tick? How big is your life list?
latest report
Seahoob wrote:
@AndreSilva, As a keen birdwatcher myself, what rareity were you hoping to see in Switzerland?
You must be a keen twitcher to drive 500miles for a tick? How big is your life list?

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/theredbulletin/geraldine-fasnacht-interview
snow conditions
It’s closed.
snow report
@BobinCH, Yep, I'd travel a fair way to see that Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy