Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Spain open?

Poster: A snowHead
Anywhere near Barcelona open for skiing? Can’t find much recent info online
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe resorts are open, but my knowledge of restrictions is out of date (we came home from Spain in December) - but if you look at recent case numbers in Spain I wouldn't plan on anything being open for long!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Says this one is, but as mentioned above things change pretty fast these days

https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/la-molinamasella-alp2500/

https://www.masella.com/en/home
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Short answer, yes, a number of ski stations are now open, but only for residents in the region as far as I know. As for travel from the UK.... No idea
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
freeridechef wrote:
Short answer, yes, a number of ski stations are now open, but only for residents in the region as far as I know. As for travel from the UK.... No idea

Correct, you are not allowed leave your town basically, so no leaving Barcelona for example to go skiing. It was possible to go until around 7th January as long as you were staying the night in a hotel...Hopefully they'll go back to that system sometime in February...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As resorts near Barca, Masella, La Molina etc are in Catalonia , there might be different restrictions, be that less or more than the rest of Spain
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As I understand it, each community is setting their own rules. Usually this means no leaving the community and in some cases no leaving the province (smaller area within the community).

After that there’s no bars and restaurants after a certain time. 5pm for Valencia, 6pm for Andalucía and it was midnight for Madrid.

I heard that Sierra Nevada wasn’t selling to credit cards outside Andalucía but they didn’t stop me buying a pass with a UK registered card. There seems to be a requirement to buy lift passes online in advance but there were plenty of people queuing to buy passes when I got there.

My experience moving around Spain is that you’re only likely to get stopped if moving into a different community so if you don’t have to do that and it’s not far it’s maybe worth a try. Leaving aside the argument that you should probably stay at home at the moment.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure about winter but in summer it seems to be shut in the afternoons.
I think it’s called a siesta or something. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This was at El Lodge in Sierra Nevada
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Supposed to have a picture of DJ on the terrace spinning some tunes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:
Not sure about winter but in summer it seems to be shut in the afternoons.
I think it’s called a siesta or something. Toofy Grin

Olé! Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Everyone, unless you live there, don’t look to get there. Travel is currently always a little bit stupid except for the emergency services, and food supplies etc.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Holiday travel not allowed at all in UK at the moment - even to your local beauty spot.....let alone foreign parts. We can only dream - and plan.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Indeed Pam. Mum has been called by her GP for an “emergency mri” because she has symptoms the doc “doesn’t like”. I live in a different county and am in a dilemma as to whether it’s an essential trip to support her for a chat and a coffee (my brother can take her for the actual appointment). She’s had both vaccines a while now so should be ok on that front but is it “essential”? Probably not.

Makes my moaning about missing skiing all seem a bit silly now - especially as I know someone who has just died of covid.
ski holidays
I don’t recall mentioning I was British (I’m not) and I live in Barcelona. @pam w
ski holidays
@twoodwar, I do live here (Spain), and I’m planning for a trip between now and April if/when things improve. Are you advising to never travel again, at any date in the future? Helpful thanks
latest report
proposal to declare "white days" in February when people can go skiing...

https://www.ccma.cat/324/dies-blancs-per-esquiar-fora-del-confinament-el-pla-dempresa-per-salvar-les-pistes/noticia/3072899/
latest report
moseyp wrote:
I don’t recall mentioning I was British (I’m not) and I live in Barcelona. @pam w

You might get more help on a Spanish or Catalan ski forum where peeps might know more about local possibilities...

https://www.nevasport.com/phorum/list.php?3

https://www.infonieve.es/

¡Buena suerte!

Bona sort!
latest report
@luigi, thanks I did contact most of the ski resorts but only one has responded so far - Masella - with the below. Keeping an eye on it. Hopefully they have a good base now, and the covid situation begins to improve

Our ski resort is currently opened but only from people of Alp Municipality until 7th of Febrarury. After this day we do not know if will be opened for every body. It depends the evolution of COVID-19 crises and all the government decisions.
snow report
Baqueria is open, but again only for locals
snow report
@mrvinegar,
Do you know if that’s the status for the season at Baqueria? I was thinking of booking a hotel for March but something that can be cancelled if necessary. I’m near Valencia so it’ll be a drive but only if it’s permitted at the time.

I would also consider Andorra but that’s a border to cross so another set of rules / potential tests in each direction.
ski holidays
@andybomb1, Have the perimeter border closures of Valencia and Catalonia regions been lifted? When we came home in December even crossing from the Valencia region into Catalonia was only permitted for essential purposes - our campsite reception made sure we had receipts for our entire stay in Valencia, plus evidence of our ferry booking to show police if we were stopped at the border, so we could prove we were not just touring around.
snow conditions
I’m not certain about travelling between communities but bars and restaurants are now closed all day rather just in the evening. Things are currently tightening up so my guess is no.
latest report
andybomb1 wrote:
@mrvinegar,
Do you know if that’s the status for the season at Baqueria? I was thinking of booking a hotel for March but something that can be cancelled if necessary. I’m near Valencia so it’ll be a drive but only if it’s permitted at the time.

I would also consider Andorra but that’s a border to cross so another set of rules / potential tests in each direction.

If you are in Valencia, you wouldn't be able to go until they remove the restriction about no non essential travel between autonomous communities.
Until January 7th it was possible to travel within Catalunya to ski resorts as long as you were staying the night in a hotel (presuming you don't live next to one)
I'm hoping they'll go back to that system sometime soon!
snow report
RobinS wrote:
@andybomb1, Have the perimeter border closures of Valencia and Catalonia regions been lifted? When we came home in December even crossing from the Valencia region into Catalonia was only permitted for essential purposes - our campsite reception made sure we had receipts for our entire stay in Valencia, plus evidence of our ferry booking to show police if we were stopped at the border, so we could prove we were not just touring around.

No they haven't, i had to goto Valencia from Barcelona for emergency reasons recently and police were checking everyone coming off the train
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy