Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu Christmas 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taken an early leap and booked a family trip for Christmas 2021. I've skied extensively across the Alps but only experience of Andorra was 2 very cheap last min deals to Arinsal which is obviously very limited. Staying in the Sport Hotel.

Tell me all you know. Any good Mountain eateries?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.grandvalira.com/en/refugi-del-llac-de-pessons-restaurant Is supposed to be very good, you will need to book and it's a blue/red run to it (only one tricky bit to be honest) but I have only stopped for coffee there so can't comment on the food.
I haven't stayed in the Sport but a friend has and said it was good, fairly close to the lifts and the 'center' of Soldeu. Although not on the mountain http://www.andorrahotelbruxelles.com/ does some excellent lunches and dinners and is very close to the slopes.
The instructors are excellent and native English speakers and private lessons are very reasonable.
Any other questions do ask as I have skied there many times now.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @johnboy, what are the Must Have points that you're looking for in a resort that'll make your Christmas trip special?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roc de las Bruixes, bottom of the Rossinhol run.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Restaurant Manacor in El Tarter town, opposite Espunyes cheap ski gear. Awesome grilled meat.

The Sport is fine, apparently.

Refugi is nice. The pizzeria next to El Tarter ski school is quite good. Amazing view in a fairly formal restaurant at Cortals. Main tip from me is get to any of them well before 1pm, preferably 1230. From 1.00 they can be rammed (I go in half term week usually).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@johnboy, haven’t been since 2003, but there wasn’t a great deal to choose from on the mountain, there’s a big fast food place at the top of the gondola in Soldeu, it’s by the ski school meeting place so many tend to meet up there for lunch. Unless they have opened up a load more places, I’d make bookings at any places that do get recommended.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it changed between 2013 and 2019, so should be better than 2003 Smile
True I wouldn’t go there for gourmet cooking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy