Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

school ski trip easter 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Daughter is booked on school ski trip easter to zillertal. Ideal solution hear is for TO to cancel trip (for understandable reasons GB (inc me) dont think its fair on staff to manage a large group of 90 pupils) at current time). any view on whether Austrian resorts likely to be fully open to international travel by easter. It may be the case that non essential travel out of uk not permitted.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Similar position here, daughter due to go to St Anton with school at Easter, no definitive word from school or TO yet. I do hope it can go ahead as it seems unlikely that we'll get any sort of family sliding time, and she's not missed a year since she was 3 (now 15).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The TOs will leave it as late as they can, to hold onto the cash. But 99.99% chance these trips will be cancelled.

1) UK lockdown, no non essential travel. Legislation for this is until 31/03/21 but likely to be renewed.
2) Are they going by coach? UK-France border closed due to new variant.
3) By air? Schengen ban on UK passport holders due to high Covid/new variant.
4) Austria requires 10 days quarantine from all high risk areas, making trip impossible even if borders open.
5) UK vaccination programme is targetted at elderly people - to bring the death rate down. It won't bring the case rate down in itself by April.

UK has a very high Covid case rate now and, a new variant which other countries do not want to get given it's increased transmissability, and UK is now outside of the EU/EEA/Schengen area, so will get no "special treatment" as a third country.

If the TO cancels then you will get a full refund.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Android2000

Where did you find out about point 1? I am due to go on a family trip on the 27th March, I didn't have high hopes for it but if point 1 is the law then that is definitely not going ahead!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ansta1 wrote:
Similar position here, daughter due to go to St Anton with school at Easter, no definitive word from school or TO yet. I do hope it can go ahead as it seems unlikely that we'll get any sort of family sliding time, and she's not missed a year since she was 3 (now 15).

Fingers crossed she gets to go! Although the fact that she didn't miss last year will put her ahead of a lot of people. We're worried at the moment that the kids are going to miss two years in a row.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jimmytwoburgers, here's the actual legislation, and the relevant text:

"The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020
3.—(1) The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020 are amended as follows.

(2) In regulation 15(1), for “2nd February 2021” substitute “31st March 2021”."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/8/made

(This only applies to England, not whole UK)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Handy Turnip wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

Fingers crossed she gets to go! Although the fact that she didn't miss last year will put her ahead of a lot of people. We're worried at the moment that the kids are going to miss two years in a row.

Yeah we had Feb half term in the 3 valleys, apart from one or two days me and she ski'd from lift open to close, whilst Mrs a did half jours with the eldest and her boyfriend. (It was his first proper ski trip)

She's certainly ahead of me in technique, which fitness, style, well just about everything really except paying for stuff, the joys of learning young.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1, my youngest daughter is booked on a school trip to Alpe d'Huez for the second week of April, travelling by coach.

I doubt it will happen. But it hasn't been cancelled yet, so she lives in hope! Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy