Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has everyone written of this season then??

Poster: A snowHead
@SnoodlesMcFlude, all I can say is that the Austrian government are pretty slow to update their websites and the tourism portal is really not a priority right now given that tourism is closed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sixth_jackson wrote:
sorry, i'm going to go on the basis of the official source

The official source is not a tourist website.
It is however official that only locals should be skiing.

Believe what you want to but don't be surprised if you are turned away at the border or the police come to check you are at your place of residence and not skiing. They can track your phone and then hand you a juicy fine if you go skiing. I know someone who has just flown back from Serbia and is not permitted to go out of the house for the next few days.

Looks to me that the Tourist Office might have forgotten to take the "UK" out at the top, the UK is now seen as a third-country isn't it? Read on a bit further to ….

Quote:
Entry Prohibited - Other Third-Country Nationals
Entry is prohibited to third-country nationals when arriving from any states except the Schengen area and the countries listed above as safe countries. Exemptions apply.
The above rules and regulations are in effect until further notice. We will update this page with further information as it becomes available.
Please note: All information presented here has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sixth_jackson, i think the austria.info website is both up to date and pretty clear. No entry to Austria from the UK for UK citizens (which I am assuming you are)

1) Entry is only allowed from Schengen and safe countries
"Entry is prohibited to third-country nationals when arriving from any states except the Schengen area and the countries listed above as safe countries. Exemptions apply."

2) UK is not a safe country (and it is also not Schengen)
"Exceptions I: Safe Countries
The only countries considered safe are Australia, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Uruguay, and the Vatican. When arriving from these countries (and if you have not been in any other countries in the last 10 days), you do not need to quarantine or show a negative COVID test."

(Source: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulation )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
queenie pretty please wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, all I can say is that the Austrian government are pretty slow to update their websites and the tourism portal is really not a priority right now given that tourism is closed.

Yeah I get it, and I believe you because I know you're not in the game of handing out duff info...but as far as matey is concerned, you're just another person on the internet and the website he's looking at is, to some extent, official. The fact that they're slow to update it is both poor, and doesn't really come into it for someone looking at it fresh.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Managed to get out for a weekend in Switzerland in early December. I was optimistic about a similar window opening in Feb, but our leadership has put paid to that. For this week, when I'd normally be in the mountains, I have renamed my house Chalet St Noritz and have been having wine with dinner every day, which is about as close as I can get!

I got out, and that comforts me, but I've been making plans so I've got something to look forward to. Hikes, camping, and exploring the UK

There may be a window, but we won't know until three weeks beforehand, and good luck to anyone who tries.

There is already a 2021 label on the change jar...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We have flights at Easter to Geneva. Keeping it flexible for now, but realistically have a >1% expectation that we will get out there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ptex wrote:
I don't expect to ski this season in Europe but hoping for a slim chance of Stubai or Kitz some time after Easter.

yeah, exactly. i'm talking about going late april at the earliest.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ma94jcg wrote:
@sixth_jackson, i think the austria.info website is both up to date and pretty clear. No entry to Austria from the UK for UK citizens (which I am assuming you are)

1) Entry is only allowed from Schengen and safe countries
"Entry is prohibited to third-country nationals when arriving from any states except the Schengen area and the countries listed above as safe countries. Exemptions apply."

2) UK is not a safe country (and it is also not Schengen)
"Exceptions I: Safe Countries
The only countries considered safe are Australia, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Uruguay, and the Vatican. When arriving from these countries (and if you have not been in any other countries in the last 10 days), you do not need to quarantine or show a negative COVID test."

(Source: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulation )

no...

"For Austrian citizens and residents of Austria, EU, UK, Switzerland, and safe countries, the following rules apply:

Quarantine Mandatory
A 10-day self-quarantine is mandatory when arriving from a risk area. Currently, almost all countries worldwide are considered risk areas (exceptions see below). When arriving, you need to present a "Declaration of Quarantine" form. Please download it here and fill it in before arriving.

Ending Quarantine By Getting Tested
After 5 days of quarantine at the earliest, you can get a PCR or antigen test. If the test is negative, you do not need to quarantine further. You may leave quarantine for the express purpose of getting tested. You will have to pay for your own test."

last update 12 january.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sixth_jackson, at the bottom of the page:

Please note: All information presented here has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy.

Which would seem to be the case considering there is conflicting information on the same page! Please refer to the official Austrian government website on travel restrictions at bmeia.gv.at

Please note also that this information changes on Friday when a pre-travel registration will be necessary and some countries will be removed from the safe list.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queenie pretty please wrote:
@sixth_jackson, at the bottom of the page:

Which would seem to be the case considering there is conflicting information on the same page! Please refer to the official Austrian government website on travel restrictions at bmeia.gv.at

Please note also that this information changes on Friday when a pre-travel registration will be necessary and some countries will be removed from the safe list.

yes, and this website states:

"People who are in regions that are subject to a travel warning due to the COVID-19 pandemic must continue to immediately enter a ten-day (home) quarantine when entering Austria. The early termination of the quarantine due to a negative PCR or antigen test is possible on the fifth day at the earliest (ie from the 5th day after entry)."

fine for me, once both countries are out of lockdown i will happily quarantine on arrival.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For further reference you can check this website: https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/AUT/7001

"Note: Austria adopts its own national classification of risk areas, hence travel restrictions for Austria are not based on the common "EU Traffic Lights" map.

Entry from an EU Member State or Schengen Associated country is possible without restrictions, provided that the COVID-19 situation in the country of origin is stable.

The updated list of countries and regions affected is available at the Austrian Health Ministry website (in German only) and the tourist website Austria.info.

For travellers from risk areas, a 10-day quarantine is mandatory. When arriving, you need to present a "Declaration of Quarantine" form. After 5 days of quarantine at the earliest, you may take a PCR COVID test, or antigen test, to shorten your quarantine. You must pay for the test yourself."
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
this must be an amazing year to be local to a resort!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To be honest I don't really see the point in arguing for 20 pages, it'll probably change anyway. At the moment even if you did get here you shouldn't be (legally) skiing. Things may change and skiing for Brits (living in the UK) might be posible in April. It would be good to have a snowheads bash on one of the Austrian glaciers if they did.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
To be honest I don't really see the point in arguing for 20 pages, it'll probably change anyway. At the moment even if you did get here you shouldn't be (legally) skiing. Things may change and skiing for Brits (living in the UK) might be posible in April. It would be good to have a snowheads bash on one of the Austria glcaiers if they did.

I'm not arguing, I'm providing facts.

Nobody is suggesting skiing is possible right now.
Later in the season, maybe. Let's see what happens when lockdown ends.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sixth_jackson wrote:

You are quoting a tourist site that contradicts itself.
Some of us live here and read the real rules in german, we are trying to help but If you continue to be a twit (spelling?) we will probbably ignore you.

Suppose you have to decide wether it's better for you to "be right on the internet" or go with the flow and maybe ski with some of us in April or next season if that doesn't happen.

Alles klar?
snow report
DB wrote:
sixth_jackson wrote:

You are quoting a tourist site that contradicts itself.
Some of us live here and read the real rules in german, we are trying to help but If you continue to be a twit (spelling?) we will probbably ignore you.

Suppose you have to decide wether it's better for you to "be right on the internet" or go with the flow and maybe ski with some of us in April or next season if that doesn't happen.

Alles klar?

The only thing 'klar' is that you are mistaken...

I am quoting https://reopen.europa.eu/ "an official website of the European Union".

But it's good to know there are armchair bureaucrats like you who have better and more accurate information available.
snow report
@sixth_jackson,

Lol
You might as well just log in with a different user name as everyone here knows you are a twit now.
Can't be bothered to try and help you any more, have to get some work done in this bureaucratic armchair so I'm free to go skiing later in the week.

Happy to meet up when you do make it over but until then ….

Leck mich am Arsch und auf wiedersehen. Laughing
ski holidays
I'm confused why you keep asking me to meet up with you... don't you have any real friends?
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/_QR9QP0Rjsc
snow report
That's got to be the quickest 'ignore' on record Cool
snow conditions
Oidaaaaaa!!!!
ski holidays
Kj82 wrote:

it is!

DB you are a very naughty person!
snow report
DB wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/_QR9QP0Rjsc

ok boomer.
ski holidays
Kooky wrote:
Kj82 wrote:

it is!

Yes I know but the truth hurts and I just wish I had some real friends, (looks around) it must be this bureaucratic armchair.

PS - Is there anyone else in the Scarpa / Kooky household who would like to post about how fantastic the conditions are in the Salzburg area at this moment in time - the cat, a lizzard or maybe a snake?. wink
latest report
@DB, I promise to post tomorrow when the estimated powder dump arrives wink
snow report
DB wrote:
Kooky wrote:
Kj82 wrote:

it is!

Yes I know but the truth hurts and I just wish I had some real friends, (looks around) it must be this bureaucratic armchair.

PS - Is there anyone else in the Scarpa / Kooky household who would like to post about how fantastic the conditions are in the Salzburg area at this moment in time - the cat, a lizzard or maybe a snake?. wink

'Truth hurts' indeed – that there will be plenty of Brits in Austria before season end.

I know you're desperate to be right, and desperate to be rid of us. But unfortunately for you, you're not in charge of Austrian border policy, and the facts don't care about your opinion.
snow conditions
@DB, Yesterday being a bluebird day Kooky went to Flachauwinkl and on perfect snow sometimes had another person skiing on the same piste as herself. I went ice climbing (on my own as I have no friends either) but today the light is flat so I am drinking a frozen wine slushy
courtesy of our balcony and mourning a ruined season Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Kooky wrote:
@DB, I promise to post tomorrow when the estimated powder dump arrives wink

Thanks, with great friends like you who needs internet enemies anyway. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa wrote:
@DB, Yesterday being a bluebird day Kooky went to Flachauwinkl and on perfect snow sometimes had another person skiing on the same piste as herself. I went ice climbing (on my own as I have no friends either) but today the light is flat so I am drinking a frozen wine slushy
courtesy of our balcony and mourning a ruined season Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I know it's tough but hang on in there mate, maybe I can get over there again before the end of the season. We could go skiing and maybe even try to find some friends.
latest report
@sixth_jackson, was that addresssed to me?
I am in no way desperate to be rid of tourists, in fact it has bought it home to me how much we need them here. A few resorts are closing lifts as there arent enough guests, my home resort Eben isnt even open, and probably wont open even though they are making snow and have prepped the pistes.

I wont lie though, its marvellous without the noisy drunken Dutch, eh Stanton wink
snow report
Kooky wrote:
I wont lie though, its marvellous without the noisy drunken Dutch, eh Stanton wink

37,256 bacon butties is a very small price to pay.

… and now back to my bureaucratic armchair to spin another cunning plan to keep the tourists out (evil laugh)

Let's be honest though, the EU site probably copied the text from the Tourist site because they couldn't be @rsed translating it.
latest report
@DB, Cheers mate.

snow report
[quote="sixth_jackson"][quote="DB"]
Kooky wrote:
Kj82 wrote:

'Truth hurts' indeed – that there will be plenty of Brits in Austria before season end.

amazing stuff!
snow report
@Kooky, think about how I feel! I have skiing just down the road and nothing open... and the Austrians don't want me. By all accounts the mountains are overrun with tourers so it's not even worth my while going out and buying touring equipment, not that I could cos the sports shops are all locked down Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
@Steilhang, Crying or Very sad Things are bloody tough over the border, we feel quite lucky.
snow conditions
@Steilhang,

Sad let's hope the COVID figures go in the right direction and things open up so we can all get some skiing in.
snow report
sixth_jackson wrote:
DB wrote:
Kooky wrote:
Kj82 wrote:

it is!

I know you're desperate to be right, and desperate to be rid of us. But unfortunately for you, you're not in charge of Austrian border policy, and the facts don't care about your opinion.

It's more that anyone honestly understanding their reasoning for coming here, in contributing, in using the valid information written by long term accurate contributors, quickly builds a personal profile that can be seen as genuine.
Yours doesn't fit that. You've headed straight for the juvenile route of name calling when challenged as to your conduct and usefullness of content, links etc. Positioning yourself as a vital scource of information by throwing random "news" items in no way matches those who really do live within the domains that interest us.
Yet you now act as "offended" the psychological inferiority is yours alone. Carry on, you'll just provide more confirmation.
ski holidays
@ski3, it's just another knobend troll. Probably a regular poster in disguise. Can't believe I fell for it. Admittedly keeping the UK virus-mutation at bay may be a futile task, but the authorities In Austria and elsewhere are at least trying to do what they can. It's clear that there are plenty of people in the UK (and further afield) who think that this pandemic doesn't apply to them, the situation in Wengen is a good example of that.
snow report
Look I know this COVID thing is a real crappy situation but please don't blame it on the few of us who managed to escape with a bacon butty and get near to a ski lift (although it may not be running, have any snow or be over-run with 1.9 million Viennese fair weather skiers)

Blame it on the .....

http://youtube.com/v/nqxVMLVe62U
latest report
holding out in the hope of being able to access snow in April. Assuming that someone will let me in.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy