Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has everyone written of this season then??

Poster: A snowHead
sixth_jackson wrote:
DB wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/_QR9QP0Rjsc

ok boomer.

Okay, I regret trying to offer some balance for this bellend's mutterings. I could stand the crap he was shouting repeatedly into the internet, but using 'ok boomer' is unforgivable.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnoodlesMcFlude,
To be fair I'm not the youngest, I can even remember when Michael Jackson was black.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DB, Cool Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DB, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you are in fine form today!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski3 wrote:
sixth_jackson wrote:
DB wrote:
Kooky wrote:
Kj82 wrote:
this must be an amazing year to be local to a resort!

it is!

DB you are a very naughty person!

Yes I know but the truth hurts and I just wish I had some real friends, (looks around) it must be this bureaucratic armchair.

PS - Is there anyone else in the Scarpa / Kooky household who would like to post about how fantastic the conditions are in the Salzburg area at this moment in time - the cat, a lizzard or maybe a snake?. wink

'Truth hurts' indeed – that there will be plenty of Brits in Austria before season end.

I know you're desperate to be right, and desperate to be rid of us. But unfortunately for you, you're not in charge of Austrian border policy, and the facts don't care about your opinion.

It's more that anyone honestly understanding their reasoning for coming here, in contributing, in using the valid information written by long term accurate contributors, quickly builds a personal profile that can be seen as genuine.
Yours doesn't fit that. You've headed straight for the juvenile route of name calling when challenged as to your conduct and usefullness of content, links etc. Positioning yourself as a vital scource of information by throwing random "news" items in no way matches those who really do live within the domains that interest us.
Yet you now act as "offended" the psychological inferiority is yours alone. Carry on, you'll just provide more confirmation.

could not care less what you think. thanks for spending 30 mins of your time composing a reply though
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
sixth_jackson wrote:
DB wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/_QR9QP0Rjsc

ok boomer.

Okay, I regret trying to offer some balance for this bellend's mutterings. I could stand the crap he was shouting repeatedly into the internet, but using 'ok boomer' is unforgivable.

ok boomer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bob wrote:
holding out in the hope of being able to access snow in April. Assuming that someone will let me in.

Yes, absolutely @Bob. The Ski Club of GB just cancelled their holidays for this season (except 4 in Flaine and one in Finland), including mine in Tignes on the 17th April. Just hope when we get to April something may yet become possible (with lots of precautions).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If sixth_jackson's mum had taken precautions we wouldn't be having this conversation wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa wrote:
If sixth_jackson's mum had taken precautions we wouldn't be having this conversation wink

You know her?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa wrote:

wow, what a burn. i'll write that down for next time i want to try and offend a 7 year old
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sixth_jackson, Your Jimmy Savile outfit should do that all by itself.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa wrote:
@sixth_jackson, Your Jimmy Savile outfit should do that all by itself.

It speaks volumes that Jimmy Savile even occurred to you when you heard the phrase '7 year olds'.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Similar to Volume 11 of Stanton's video collection of your mum.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa wrote:
Similar to Volume 11 of Stanton's video collection of your mum.

i know you're desperately, desperately trying to think of an amazing burn. But in the nicest possible way you're just providing a very clear view of your own mental inadequacy...

keep digging your hole, it's brightening my afternoon.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"keep digging your hole"... Volume 12.
snow report
@sixth_jackson, I've just dropped into this conversation and rapidly lost track. Could you just briefly state, without deviation, hesitation or gratuitous rudeness, what your point is? I'm all ears, listening without preconceptions (having not waded through the whole thing). And I am a boomer, out and proud.
snow report
pam w wrote:
@sixth_jackson, I've just dropped into this conversation and rapidly lost track. Could you just briefly state, without deviation, hesitation or gratuitous rudeness, what your point is? I'm all ears, listening without preconceptions (having not waded through the whole thing). And I am a boomer, out and proud.

Hi Pam!

Thanks for your reply. I have nothing against proud boomers at all.

Definitely don't wade through the thread.

The TL;DR is that Austria does not appear to have classified the UK as a third country (at this stage). And that post lockdown it seems the borders will be open to 'unsafe' countries so long as a 10 day quarantine (5 day after a negative PCR test) is observed.

Simple stuff that is explained clearly across several official websites.

It remains to be seen exactly what the rules will be towards the end of the season.

Unfortunately some in this thread feel they have more accurate information, but it doesn't matter.

I'll post (with any luck) a picture in this thread of myself in Saas Fee, some time towards the end of April.

Cheers!
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:

dude, there's really no coming back from the Savile comment. Sorry.
snow conditions
Reminds me of

http://youtube.com/v/ohDB5gbtaEQ
ski holidays
Yes,
First lockdown blew my plans last year.

This season was my 40 years since I first skiied anniversary; I wanted to take the kids out for a first taste(youngest is three), but that is not happening.

Find it Hilarious that I am getting emails from Skiworld offering deals for this season, still.

If Inghams would have dropped the room single supplement last year, I would have been in Val for the first lockdown.
latest report
Why the rudeness on this thread, seems a perfectly reasonable question to ask for clarification....why the nastiness, Saville etc??
snow conditions
sixth_jackson wrote:
it's brightening my afternoon.

What's up hun? Do you need a hug or to talk to someone?
snow conditions
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
sixth_jackson wrote:
it's brightening my afternoon.

What's up hun? Do you need a hug or to talk to someone?

Sounds great, come on over.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Why the rudeness on this thread, seems a perfectly reasonable question to ask for clarification....why the nastiness, Saville etc??

People throw the toys out of the pram when facts contradict their opinions, standard stuff really.
snow report
Quote:

I'll post (with any luck) a picture in this thread of myself in Saas Fee, some time towards the end of April

Now I'm more confused than ever. What's Saas Fee got to do with an argument about the rules on the Austrian border? Puzzled
latest report
I'm currently going through the process of obtaining a residential permit in Austria. I'm now classed as a third country national as defined by ...

Quote:
Third-country nationals are persons who are
neither EU citizens
nor citizens of other EEA countries (from Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway)
nor Swiss.

https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/12/Seite.120224.html

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 12-01-21 16:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I'll post (with any luck) a picture in this thread of myself in Saas Fee, some time towards the end of April

Now I'm more confused than ever. What's Saas Fee got to do with an argument about the rules on the Austrian border? Puzzled

Oh lol. My mistake. Meant Saalbach!
snow conditions
This info may also be useful. In the same way we are not allowed to visit certain ski resorts without first booking online I suspect the new PTC will prevent British ski tourists from entering Austria from the 15th Jan.

Quote:
12 January: From 15 January, all travellers entering Austria will need to register electronically in advance and obtain a so-called pre-travel clearance (PTC). At the border, they will have to show their PTC (either digitally or as a hard copy). There are exemptions for unexpected travel due to emergencies. Details to follow.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 12-01-21 16:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just popped in here to see what was happening, just the usual internet forum name calling and so on, but I can help with this, I think:

SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
That's as maybe*, but you can't blame them for going off what's on an official website rather than a forum.

*is that really a saying, doesn't look right and doesn't make sense either, am I just another of those people saying stuff like "all intensive purposes" or "no pacific reason"?

I think it's 'That's as may be' rather than 'maybe', which makes a bit more sense. Emphasise the space between may and be when you read it.

Anyway, that's my contribution to this thread over.

Toodlepip. Cool
latest report
DB wrote:
This info may also be useful. In the same way we are not allowed to visit certain ski resorts without first booking online I suspect the new PTC will prevent Nritish ski tourists from entering Austria from the 15th Jan.

Quote:
12 January: From 15 January, all travellers entering Austria will need to register electronically in advance and obtain a so-called pre-travel clearance (PTC). At the border, they will have to show their PTC (either digitally or as a hard copy). There are exemptions for unexpected travel due to emergencies. Details to follow.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

yeah the problem is, your 'suspicions' are entirely speculative. So, until they become factual, maybe keep them to yourself.
latest report
Germany is now considering extending their hard lockdown until Easter and in certain areas the wearing of FFP2 masks is becoming compulsary. The Austrian government is communicating with businesses involved with tourism and is briefing them ahead of public announcements.
snow conditions
Tom Doc wrote:
I think it's 'That's as may be' rather than 'maybe', which makes a bit more sense. Emphasise the space between may and be when you read it.

Thank you. Grammar not my strong point, having gone to a state school where the teachers were just glad to reach the end of the term where no one was set on fire or pregnant Laughing
ski holidays
The facts are -

British citizens are seen as third country nationals in Austria.
From 15 th Jan 2020 you need a PTC (Pre travel clearance) - this has been implemented for a reason. You will need to declare why you are visiting Austria. If you declare you are planing to do something ilegal you are not going to get a permit.
Tourists are not legally allowed to ski in Austria at the moment
Most ski resorts shut at easter, irrespectuve of snow conditions.
Easter Sunday falls on the 4th April this year.

.... and I'm not going to argue on the internet with a twit who doesn't know the difference between Saas Fee and Saalbach.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 12-01-21 17:04; edited 2 times in total
latest report
DB wrote:
The facts are -

British citizens are seen as third country nationals in Austria.
From 15 th Jan 2020 you need a PTC (Pre travel clearance) - this has been implemented for a reason.
Tourists are not legally allowed to ski in Austria at the moment
Most ski resorts shut at easter, irrespectuve of snow conditions.
Easter Sunday falls on the 4th April this year.

.... and I'm not going to argue on the internet with a twit who doesn't know the difference between Saas Fee and Saalbach.

For the final time... from https://www.bmeia.gv.at/

"People who are in regions that are subject to a travel warning due to the COVID-19 pandemic must continue to immediately enter a ten-day (home) quarantine when entering Austria. The early termination of the quarantine due to a negative PCR or antigen test is possible on the fifth day at the earliest (ie from the 5th day after entry)."

This is very simple stuff. See you in April <3
snow conditions
sixth_jackson wrote:
This is very simple stuff. See you in April <3

Great, where should we meet?
ski holidays
@sixth_jackson, enjoy your life of delusion. I'd bet good money that you won't be anywhere near here in April. Saalbach will be closed in early April anyway.
snow report
Scarpa wrote:

The increasingly disappointing Chemical Brothers latest album?

See look how down wiv da kidz I am with that up to the minute cultural reference.
snow report
It's dead simple, borders are open but you need a valid reason to visit Austria which cannot be "to ski" as from 15 Jan 2021.

Even the Germans can't get across the border to ski at the moment just as the Austrians couldn't get across the border into Germany when the shops were open in Germany but not in Austria. How someone believes they will be able to turn up at the Austrian border with a car with English plates packed full of ski stuff and expect to get in is beyond me.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
It's dead simple, borders are open but you need a valid reason to visit Austria which cannot be "to ski" as from 15 Jan 2021.

Even the Germans can't get across the border to ski at the moment just as the Austrians couldn't get across the border into Germany when the shops were open in Germany but not in Austria. How someone believes they will be able to turn up at the Austrian border with a car packed full of ski stuff and expect to get in is beyond me.

Yes, and as I have mentioned a few times, this is obviously subject to the rules changing post lockdown.

Time will prove one of us right. Until then, I suggest you worry about something else.

Alles klar?
snow report
queenie pretty please wrote:
@sixth_jackson, enjoy your life of delusion. I'd bet good money that you won't be anywhere near here in April. Saalbach will be closed in early April anyway.

Great, let's make a bet then. You can send me €1000 now, and if you turn out to be right, I will send it back. Sound fair?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy