Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski sunday return 10-01-2021

Poster: A snowHead
You can listen to my interview with Chemmy about all the choices for the year's Ski Sunday in the latest podcast.

We also get her tips for car hire at Geneva airport and an exclusive on borrowing Jan Farrell's speed skiing helmet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really wish the BBC would park up the "not mere mortals, but God's hewn from granite..." claptrap and just show the f'n sport.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Challenging conditions in Schladming.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does Ski Sunday need Graham back already? Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@queenie pretty please, poor Graham! That song from Grease was the most boring one they could have chosen and his partner did him no favours with the choreography. He did look miffed, though Laughing .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@maggi, I don't think he was ever going to progress very far. He's too much of an unknown, it's essentially a popularity contest. He certainly demonstrated that skiing transfers well to skating, but the Dad-dancing and lack of performance skills would always be his downfall. Chemmy also struggled with being an unknown, and was in the skate-off many times, but she did well to end up in 5th place overall.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@queenie pretty please, Far be it from me to big up @iainms podcast, but Chemmy did cover that very point in his interview. Sportspeople struggle in this kind of competition as they focus on the sport itself as opposed to looking down the barrel of the camera and smiling which doesn't engage them with the public. I can't say I watch the show, and don't know if he was just a bit rubbish at it, but maybe it is all down to tits'n'teeth after all.

@iainm, well done of the past couple of podcasts btw - Did enjoy the Peter Hardy one.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Found it rather boring this week - I enjoyed how they talked about the Hahnenkamm the week before the track etc and some history. It was kinda straight into Crans Montana and Schladming - no history, no gossip, nothing about logistics, injuries - felt that there was very little value add from the presenters - it could have just been a bbc anchor introducing the race highlights.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@queenie pretty please, Far be it from me to big up @iainms podcast, but Chemmy did cover that very point in his interview. Sportspeople struggle in this kind of competition as they focus on the sport itself as opposed to looking down the barrel of the camera and smiling which doesn't engage them with the public.

I’ve never watched the skating thing but I’ve watched plenty of Strictly and seen serious sportsmen & women do extremely well over the years. IMV, it’s not that the sporting background is necessarily a handicap but that some people just don’t engage as well as others with the audience. I think Graham Bell is great on Ski Sunday but maybe he’s just a bit too intense for an entertainment show?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@extremerob, I mostly agree with that - though I did admire the competitors coping with conditions at Schladming. I also enjoyed Jamie Anderson and Mia Brookes chilling out and boarding together.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@achilles, Blimey! It's only when I've read your post, that I've realised that I haven't actually seen this week's episode (I recorded it).

Maybe that's the problem - the format makes one show pretty much the same as the last. They have all merged into one!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I watched 10 mins of the first one in the current series and turned if off. I'll stick with Eurosport.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@iainm, I believe you are trying to interview Ed Leigh for a future podcast, maybe you could ask if there is ever any plans to re-introduce the format (high altitude) from several years ago, when it was a mixture of racing/competitions and travelogue segments regarding general winter sport activities.
i know this subject has been covered in previous threads (by myself as well!!!!), but you can only ask Toofy Grin

I have enjoyed the last few episodes of the ski podcast by the way!!

@achilles, i must admit, i had viewed all of last weeks racing on Eurosport previously to last nights episode, so just really had it on in the background, until the racing segment finished.

As there is limited access for the presenters to the various British competitors for filming, I am hoping that there may be more contributions from various sportsmen and women like the one from Mia Brookes.

you tend to forget the sacrifices that they have to go through to become elite athletes, such as living in a cramped caravan and traipsing across a snowy car park to do the washing up!!!

its a far cry from Lindsey Vonn in her mega RV that she used to use in the alps

there is a section next week with James Woods, but you would assume this would be the ideal time to get some self filmed sections, showing their life in the alps, with other types of winter sports, cross country/skier cross or example
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@terrygasson, As has been pointed out before, High Altitude was an entirely separate programme from Ski Sunday. Made by the same team, presumably, with Mr Leigh and Mr Bell presenting.

All the episodes are here; high costs of insurance were cited as one of the reasons for it not continuing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00htnqh/episodes/guide
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@LOTA, cheers, was that long ago I had muddled them both together!!!!
snow report
@terrygasson, not an uncommon state for people in Bath! Very Happy
snow report
@LOTA, I blame it on the cider Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just caught up with a couple of Ski Sundays. Must say it's a better prog with just two presenters and Ms Alcott's presenting skills have gone up a few notches.

Meanwhile that Mr Bell sounds like a piece o' work: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13916655/graham-bell-tantrum-dancing-on-ice/
snow report
@Pruman, no way I am giving The Sun any clicks.
latest report
@Layne, Summary: Bell in Ding Dong over Ice Dance Meltdown!
ski holidays
@Layne, the TL:DR is that he got voted out and kicked off backstage, telling his 'professional' that her routine was f***ing s*** "in front of everybody"
snow report
@Layne, would clicking to OK! be ok?

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/graham-bell-karina-dancing-ice-23426601
ski holidays
I’d be fuming if I was Graham Bell too. He’s given up the chance to spend the entire winter in the Alps to go on the show, only to be booted off in the second week. Laughing
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
I’d be fuming if I was Graham Bell too. He’s given up the chance to spend the entire winter in the Alps to go on the show, only to be booted off in the second week. Laughing

But probably still got a guaranteed fee greater than many peoples annual wage, especially during Covid!
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

But probably still got a guaranteed fee greater than many peoples annual wage, especially during Covid!

Without doubt. He actually mentioned that he couldn’t get to the alps after it was announced he was booted off, so I suspect he is annoyed at his decision!
ski holidays
I've never watched Dancing With Ice and this story doesn't have me wanting to start any time soon.

Belly is competitive and probably rightly pee'd off but eh oh it's a TV show not the Olympics.
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Without doubt. He actually mentioned that he couldn’t get to the alps after it was announced he was booted off, so I suspect he is annoyed at his decision!

I suspect that didn't win him many fans, saying "the worst thing is I can't go skiing". Not really the worst thing, in the scheme of things at the minute.
snow report
Having sat few Dancing on ICE as WHMBO mandates its on (I saw watched, me on the laptop with it on in the background) - Graham was pretty crap, also came over really cringe worthy so no surprise he got voted off, if your the worse (which he was you go)

Ive quite enjoyed this seasons Ski Sunday, we've watched many of the FIS events beforehand so actually find the other pieces much better. They are never going to be able to give the ski races enough time given how short the show it (shorter than last year I think, often only 45 minutes).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I watched the last 2 weeks of SS today, and I think the producers have persuaded Chemmy to calm down her hand waving antics while presenting, and she is getting all the better as a result Smile

I would still love to have Chemmy and Ed commentate on the opening of my weekly supermarket delivery as even that would be highly exciting to them Smile
ski holidays
I loved the section with James Woods -- some skill that lad has ; and it all started at the late lamented Sheffield Ski Village ....!
ski holidays
@albob, snap. Really good. And knuckle hucks.
snow report
I'm not going to get much work done for the next couple of weeks with the World Championships live on the BBC Toofy Grin
snow report
@albob, Nice to see a nod to the ESFs erotic display team in Woodsies section. #SkiBalletfor2022

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 8-02-21 16:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
sev112 wrote:
Well I watched the last 2 weeks of SS today, and I think the producers have persuaded Chemmy to calm down her hand waving antics while presenting, and she is getting all the better as a result Smile

I would still love to have Chemmy and Ed commentate on the opening of my weekly supermarket delivery as even that would be highly exciting to them Smile

Reminds me of when Murray Walker commentated on the snooker Smile

http://youtube.com/v/zl-oAsDCGNA
snow report
I've been really enjoying this current series, well I have every series I suppose since I was a nipper, and I'm happy to see the mix of ski racing, boarding, freestyle and 'social' skiing, not just racing like it was in the old days. The two presenters do a great job of passing on their enthusiasm for all winter sports

I just wish it was longer and ran for more weeks, rather than being subjected to endless cookery and 'antiques in the attic' shows on the main 5 channels. To that end I don't really follow why winter sports enthusiasts give it a hard time on here sometimes, when the alternatives are the usual formulaic filler programs mentioned and I'd rather see winter sports on in all their various guises rather than wondering how much Aunty Doris's teapot might fetch in an auction.
ski holidays
Wonder if it gets covered in this weeks show
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/56029691
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
Wonder if it gets covered in this weeks show
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/56029691

Fantastic race to watch.
snow report
watching the men's training live of the downhill tomorrow. Cortina on a bluebird day. Looks heavenly - Agonising
ski holidays
Bravo BBC.
That was awesome.

Good to see Cortina getting back to where it belongs too after years in the wilderness. Can't wait for the Olympics there.
snow conditions
I enjoyed it again tonight as well, I thought chemmy's guide to lara gut technique was informative.

was good to see the interview with charlotte brookes after her win in the snowboard cross, and to see gb skier oliver davies narrowly miss out on a medal in the final.

max muzatons miraculous recovery in the downhill was stunning, I watched it on Eurosport this morning and am still amazed how he got away with it Shocked Shocked

sad to see only one more episode to go this season
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy