Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiers urged to book now for 2022 season as demand surges

Poster: A snowHead
Article in the Daily Telegraph, helpfully archived by yours truly, to around the paywall Laughing

https://archive.is/ALqwX
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Urged, predictably, by a travel agent....

And in other news, Turkeys urge the cancellation of Christmas 2021 (they got off lightly this year...)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Already changed my EasyJet flights from Feb 21 to Feb 22 and quite likely to do the same with the April flights.

If there was some good deals to be had on accommodation for 2022 this far out i would certainly book now
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not as a consequence of the Telegraph article but just moved our hotel booking in Lech for end of Jan to 2022. We had paid a small deposit and have rolled that over - some support to the hotel we have used for many years. Although not sure if they need it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can feel my demand surging as I think about the slopes at Nax.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I would be wary of booking with any tour operator or airline that far ahead in a Pandemic
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey, as long as there's free cancelation with zero fees or penalties, why not?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Toadman wrote:

...assuming the service provider does not go into administration/liquidation in the meantime.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ulmerhutte wrote:
Toadman wrote:

...assuming the service provider does not go into administration/liquidation in the meantime.

That’s my concern also, that they have other debts to pay first. I think you’d get your money back somehow probably, through travel insurance as last resort. But it would be a PITA.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
valais2 wrote:
I can feel my demand surging as I think about the slopes at Nax.....

If it’s any consolation some friends went to Zinal/Grimentz over Xmas/NY and said snow conditions were awful. And nothing in the forecast for January so looks like this is the early season to miss around here if you are going to miss one
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ulmerhutte wrote:
Toadman wrote:

This is a good point, and we need to always bear this in mind. But if you pay with a UK credit card, then you are totally covered for this sort of eventuality. Indeed, if you only pay a small deposit with your UK credit card and the balance in cash or bank transfer (never to be advised if you can help it), then you are still covered for the whole amount. Generally, applies to UK debit cards as well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

you are totally covered for this sort of eventuality.

err... you *might* want to double check with your credit card provider.
There is usually a time limit of 120 days (and sometimes as low as 45 days) on making a claim on a purchase, so be aware if you're making a full payment early to get a special deal, or if you are transferring a balance from another holiday that you have already paid.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

you are totally covered for this sort of eventuality.

err... you *might* want to double check with your credit card provider.
There is usually a time limit of 120 days (and sometimes as low as 45 days) on making a claim on a purchase, so be aware if you're making a full payment early to get a special deal, or if you are transferring a balance from another holiday that you have already paid.

These are good points, and this area can be a minefield. I think the time limits you mention, apply to chargebacks, which is something different.

Here is a very good resource that explains everything you need to know:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

It seems there is no time limit on making a claim, and you can even make a claim after your credit card account is closed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27 wrote:
Urged, predictably, by a travel agent....

And in other news, Turkeys urge the cancellation of Christmas 2021 (they got off lightly this year...)

"Book now to improve our cashflow!"
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is anyone here on the facebook ski club? There are some seriously blinkered people on there still attempting to book flights.
latest report
Well, they would say it wouldn't they as they want your money to cover their losses pro tem.

Also they want to assess likely demand to charter flights and block reserve hotels etc.

However, as many do diy/self drive is there really going to be a shortage of eg airbnb when we are all really poor post covid? Only thing in short supply mighg be flights but even airlines have become more capable of switching on capacity at shorter notice
ski holidays
homers double wrote:
Is anyone here on the facebook ski club? There are some seriously blinkered people on there still attempting to book flights.

Gave up on that Facbook group a couple of years ago it makes Trip advisor look legit Shocked
snow report
Changed my 1 month booking From Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 in October to Morillon. Took the stress of the unknown from me and gave the owner plenty of notice. As much as the mountains are a clearing of the head and not a one week holiday, I really feel we have to look after providers of accommodation, who some assume they are minted. Not the case. Some have mortgages , and some are their sole income and employ locals
ski holidays
PS
If you look at the county Cornwall, so many work C I H cleaning to survive. This surely must be similar in ski resorts. I’m not a domestic; I employ one and love and look after her , but when folks moan about not skiing for a year, please think about the consequences of the lower paid locals.
ski holidays
I'll wait and take my chances.

Smells of Stantons 2016 prediction (or whatever it was) that skiing will be more expensive next year, a thread that continues to this day and will probably continue ad infinitum.

Over the last 30 years I have seem the industry buffeted this way and that. You can always find something at a reasonable cost.
snow report
@susieski, great point, which was first made to me by my innkeeper in Kitzbuhel when I was cancelling last March. She said "you can have all of it back, but what about leaving behind a day's rate, which I will give to my housecleaner?". Done!
snow report
We're still hoping to do a summer in the Swiss Alps. Not skiing, but hiking and a bit of touring. This is what we did in August this year and it was a great break. We did a bit of the Grand Tour of Switzerland in the car. There's also an electric car version of the various routes as well, the eTour of Switzerland.

Arolla, looking towards Italy, August 2020.
snow conditions
Quote:
but when folks moan about not skiing for a year, please think about the consequences of the lower paid locals.
Fair point - but people on a snowsports forum will tend to be upset at not being able to er...do snowsports.
latest report
Quote:
We did a bit of the Grand Tour of Switzerland in the car. There's also an electric car version of the various routes as well
Strange that - different tours depending on how the vehicle is powered... Puzzled (Guessing it's down to range?)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy