Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kastle FX 96 HP

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a pair of these mounted with Shifts for the missus in the Black Friday sale. She skied them for the first time this weekend and was RAVING about them on piste and off. Seen a lot of love on here for the old FX95’s and she’s certainly a new fan girl!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 4-01-21 17:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tested the "HP" ("High Performance" = stiffer) version for men with Proskilab reviewers : indeed a very good ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They look good, interesting to get a " in field" opinion of them too.

Don't know what they feed the development team over in Haus Kastlé, but it seems to be producing very interesting skis Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BobinCH, I've got the FX95HP. Great ski. Ultra stable at speed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@BobinCH, I've got the FX95HP. Great ski. Ultra stable at speed.

This is women’s specific version, shorter radius (14m), not as stiff. She loved it on piste (preferred it to her old super heavy 70mm Kastle R12 piste skis!) and preferred it off piste (wind blown powder) to her Soul 7’s. Said she’d now only take the Soul 7’s on a real powder day. I’m properly in the good books!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a pair of FX 96 HP’s this season and it is a GREAT ski! You can really ski it anywhere, it’s a lot of fun, gives you feedback without being too stiff, rails a turn on piste, charges through chop and surprisingly manœuvrable in powder. Terrible graphics but you can’t have everything Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice buy, it intrigues me that they make skis with such a wide gateway to use in such varied conditions. The upper end performance seems to come without taking away an overall ease of use, even for those (we've tried a range of people on their skis) with less developed skills.
I don't suggest that is unique to their product, but they certainly know a considerable amount about blending what may be viewed as simply opposing attributes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski3 wrote:
Nice buy, it intrigues me that they make skis with such a wide gateway to use in such varied conditions. The upper end performance seems to come without taking away an overall ease of use, even for those (we've tried a range of people on their skis) with less developed skills.
I don't suggest that is unique to their product, but they certainly know a considerable amount about blending what may be viewed as simply opposing attributes.

As an off piste tragic I don’t usually bother with skis less than 100mm, but off the side these don’t give up too much to the Blizzard Rustler 11’s at 114mm, and are better on piste and in chop. If I was buying a 2 ski quiver it would be these with shifts and some fat DPS.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BobinCH, have you ever skied the Dynastar Legend 96? If so I'm curious how they compare to DPS skis or the FX96's. They seem a very similar geometry and was wondering if there is much in it between them
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
@BobinCH, have you ever skied the Dynastar Legend 96? If so I'm curious how they compare to DPS skis or the FX96's. They seem a very similar geometry and was wondering if there is much in it between them

I’ve not tried the X96 but had a run on the X106 last season. Found the tails very stiff and they threw me all over the place in a couloir! They might have been a bit long, I can’t remember. I used to love my Pro Legends (100mm) back in the day so was a bit of a disappointment.
The Kaestle’s are no noodles but more forgiving IMO. DPS even more forgiving with softer tips and tails but maintain stiffness under foot. The easiest skis to spend a day in mixed off piste conditions that I’ve ever used. I’m still eking the last bit of life out of some 4yr old 124 Alchemists and bought their limited edition 115 RPC’s in the Dreamtime sale to replace them despite the crazy prices. I’ve only skied the Wailer 112 and fatter so no experience with their narrower ranges.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've paired my Kastlè XX 90 (they don't see as much use as those living in mountains) with some Whitedot Asym, just bought from The Piste Office for a two ski set. Carrying them along with family kit a consideration, and wanted a decent separation of ski size for conditions.

I percieve they'll meet somewhere in the middle with less crossover to give a broad choice, but yet to see snow and may even be next season to find out Crying or Very sad

The Asym appear to have attributes as @BobinCH, described for DPS which is what I'm aiming at, currently "exhibited" in my house.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, thanks, interesting to hear. I actually prefer a stiff tail so perhaps that's why i like the legends so much ! I have a pair of MX84's which are great and was curious as to the differences.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy