Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

360 GoPro first time film & edit cross country skiing & the Rando Chiens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been thinking about a 360 for a while, but was certainly not impressed with GoPro's first attempt at it, The Fusion, which was a bit of a nightmare to use and then edit.

Last year my mate had an Insta 360 and whilst the footage was excellent the editing workflow still seemed arduous.

Prior to purchasing, I downloaded the necessary software for my windows laptop and then downloaded an example 360 file so I could see what was involved and what the hassle factor was like, but I was most impressed.

For those that don't know, a 360 has two lenses, front and back and when you film in 360 mode it captures footage from both, so to produce a normal video using 360 footage you have to edit the 360 raw film selecting what view you want to see, so in a short film, you can select various views and merge/link them together.

I should also add that the 360 can just be used like a normal GoPro Hero with just a single lens at the press of a button.

The very cool part of a 360 film is the drone type effect, this is achieved by the GoPro being at the end of a stick that you're holding, and via the two lenses and the editing software, the pole becomes invisible.

The issue I found was holding the XC ski pole and the GoPro stick in the same hand, and then if I was to skate using the poles the up and down motion was not exactly fluid.

So for normal downhill skiing, a longer stick lashed to a ski pole and/or the stick in a back-pack, you can't use a normal GoPro mount on a ski pole as you'll lose that lovely drone effect; snowboarding is not so much of an issue.

http://youtube.com/v/vTUyErr93Sg

And this shows the potential when done well!

If you look carefully at the shadows you can see the stick that the GoPro is mounted to.

http://youtube.com/v/sHzex7EnkCI
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I prefer the one with the cat that is doing the rounds on social meejah
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy