Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy opening 18th Jan

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just read a news article that the Italian health minister has allowed Italian ski resorts open from the 18th of January for recreational skiers.

Dolomites may be a possibility after all Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I also heard this from a guide in Aosta earlier today, I think the test will be what the French say on the 7th or the 15th or when ever it was.
Fingers crossed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Provided we are allowed (1) out of the UK and (2) into Italy. Neither seems that likely for us brave Brexiteers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep. I feel for those of you who wanted to remain. I know it’s easy to talk when it isn’t us and we certainly shouldn’t be getting involved in yer internal politics but I feel we’re all going to be a little worse off with you leaving.

There is still flights between Ireland and Italy, and no quarantine required on arrival, it’s just a matter of the ski areas being open.

I do think they should have a negative covid test within 48 hours requirement to be fair but in any case I’m lucky that I can easily isolate before and after the trip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wanted to remain and so I no longer remain...on plague island that is
Enjoy having your having your bum wiped through your nostrils with that lovely test and remember to say you are a very important business man on your return, easy as for all bumwipe buccaneers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vinf wrote:
I just read a news article that the Italian health minister has allowed Italian ski resorts open from the 18th of January for recreational skiers.

Dolomites may be a possibility after all Very Happy


Not a chance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crevasse dweller wrote:
I wanted to remain and so I no longer remain...on plague island that is
Enjoy having your having your bum wiped through your nostrils with that lovely test and remember to say you are a very important business man on your return, easy as for all bumwipe buccaneers


Return to Ireland. Reason for travel isn’t required. Isolating upon return is and I plan on treating my outbound trip the same and isolating before travel.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well that's rather annoying, i was planning to go to Italy sometime in the next week or two. Guess that's out the window.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@vinf, It isn't a definate date - provisional only
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
genepi wrote:
@vinf, It isn't a definate date - provisional only


That's how I read the news report although an Italian friend in Aosta thinks it's confirmed. I'm not convinced.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It won't happen. The English strain (believed to have originated in an illegal immigrant who came from France Twisted Evil ) will cause Europe-wide lockdown.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James the Last wrote:
It won't happen. The English strain (believed to have originated in an illegal immigrant who came from France Twisted Evil ) will cause Europe-wide lockdown.


Would it not have happened already?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bear in mind, they said they would open on the 7th of January and then put it back to the 18th, this is only going to be provisional...

To be reviewed on the 13th
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes but the resorts actually requested the 18th as they need time to get everything in place. So if they spend huge sums of money to put the structures in place and then it's pulled from under them, it;d be the end for a lot
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
genepi wrote:
@vinf, It isn't a definate date - provisional only


That's how I read the news report although an Italian friend in Aosta thinks it's confirmed. I'm not convinced.


It's what the Italian health minister said on TV this morning.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now it's a lockdown all bets are off..no travel out of UK till end of march
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yorkshirelad wrote:
Now it's a lockdown all bets are off..no travel out of UK till end of march


Where did you get the no travel out of UK til end of March from?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So the latest rumour I have heard is the government is going to allow resorts to open thus releasing itself from its financial support commitment to businesses forced to close explicitly on its say so
But the rub is that since most of Italy will remain in the red zone no one will be able to travel to the resort.
Sounds like a good conspiracy theory cooked up while unemployed looking up at a meter of fresh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As, @Crevasse dweller, that has already happened (admittedly in a limited and temporary fashion) in France as a result of Governmental ignorance, it's hardly a conspiracy theory, is it?

I can't see the 18th myself...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was surpised with the 18th, but according to everything I've read...this is the date the resorts told the Italian government so that they could put all measures in place. I'd be incredibly irresponsible of the government to allow them to go to tat expense to renege on them then.

Will Switzerland continue to be open?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Judging by the videos of waist deep pow pow my brother is spamming me with, yes, very much so
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
As, @Crevasse dweller, that has already happened (admittedly in a limited and temporary fashion) in France as a result of Governmental ignorance, it's hardly a conspiracy theory, is it?

I can't see the 18th myself...

You are right it is not strictly a conspiracy theory but I am not seeing your parallel with France?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sharkymark wrote:
Judging by the videos of waist deep pow pow my brother is spamming me with, yes, very much so


Sorry now to be a pest, where abouts is he? Did he have any problems entering Switzerland?

What is the best resort for skiing in Switzerland, I like to stay on piste and scenery is always a plus Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
James the Last wrote:
It won't happen. The English strain (believed to have originated in an illegal immigrant who came from France Twisted Evil ) will cause Europe-wide lockdown.


Did you read this in the Daily mail/Express or possibly on a Katie Hopkins pod cast?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crevasse dweller wrote:
under a new name wrote:
As, @Crevasse dweller, that has already happened (admittedly in a limited and temporary fashion) in France as a result of Governmental ignorance, it's hardly a conspiracy theory, is it?

I can't see the 18th myself...

You are right it is not strictly a conspiracy theory but I am not seeing your parallel with France?


I see more a parallel with Austria. There is powder to ski 4 hours drive from me but I can‘t book any accommodation so it‘s a no go unless I want to drive 8 hrs for 1 days skiing. Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahh I see, accommodation is the key...so 2nd homers and locals benifit.
The moan I have heard about that is over that xmas lockdown in Gressoney was that local ski school had the st Anna gondola open but couldn't afford more than a week since no one else was allowed to use it.
I am guessing if only running a chairlift or two it might be more economically viable on the local+2nd homers model.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DB, = Mark?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crevasse dweller wrote:
@DB, = Mark?


I‘m not called Mark if that‘s what you mean. I‘m in Vienna and the powder is in kärnten
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Crevasse dweller, yes in Austria the ski areas are open for locals and second homers. It seems clear that the lift companies were unsure how successful this would be as at first just a handful of lifts opened which led to some queuing although it was well-managed. Now far more lifts and pistes have opened to match the demand. The huts accessible by car are allowed to offer takeaway, which seems a little unfair although of course all tourism and gastronomy establishments will be able to claim for some government support due to loss of earnings.

And yes, the snow is fine, but there seems much more of it down south in Kärnten and Ost-Tirol.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB wrote:
Crevasse dweller wrote:
under a new name wrote:
As, @Crevasse dweller, that has already happened (admittedly in a limited and temporary fashion) in France as a result of Governmental ignorance, it's hardly a conspiracy theory, is it?

I can't see the 18th myself...

You are right it is not strictly a conspiracy theory but I am not seeing your parallel with France?


I see more a parallel with Austria. There is powder to ski 4 hours drive from me but I can‘t book any accommodation so it‘s a no go unless I want to drive 8 hrs for 1 days skiing. Confused


Its what I used to do back in Australia as a poor student.....miss those days, 4am starts for first lifts, ski to 4pm and then back in the car home.

Once time 2 mates and I stayed off mountain in a caravan park.......never been so cold in all my life
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Crevasse dweller wrote:
I am not seeing your parallel with France?


In the early hours of news about French lifts not running, bro in law’s kit shop were allowed to open so not likely to get any support/unemployment, etc. but obvs no-one would be hiring skis. Likewise, my chums who are guides and instructors were allowed to work, just not with clients ( Puzzled )
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The lifts maybe opening but we can't get to them unless the EU changes the entry requirements for third countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/04/netherlands-refuses-entry-uk-nationals-non-essential-travel-brexit-coronavirus?CMP=share_btn_link
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Getting better too.....UK Govt is considering requiring all inbound travellers to have a PCR test at least 3 days prior to travelling. Will make it much harder to travel! - Link here https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/05/overseas-visitors-face-uk-curbs-amid-fears-of-fresh-covid-variants
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
vinf wrote:
Sharkymark wrote:
Judging by the videos of waist deep pow pow my brother is spamming me with, yes, very much so


Sorry now to be a pest, where abouts is he? Did he have any problems entering Switzerland?

What is the best resort for skiing in Switzerland, I like to stay on piste and scenery is always a plus Smile


He's been a Swiss resident for 10 years so getting in isn't really a problem he faces! A little place deep in the Valais that catches the tip of a southerly foehn.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're all sorted for last weekend in January in Sestriere. Can't wait.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
t4tomo wrote:
We're all sorted for last weekend in January in Sestriere. Can't wait.


Are you already in Italy? Wasn‘t aware that travel and accommodation was opening up in Italy. Did the lifts in Italy open today?

This link is geared towards Americans but I trust the same holds for visitors from the UK.
https://www.thelocal.it/20210112/when-will-americans-be-allowed-to-travel-to-italy-again-update
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like they have pushed back ski lift opening from 18th Jan to 15th Feb

https://www.j2ski.com/ski-news/item/19572/italy-delays-opening-ski-areas-february-15th
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@t4tomo, your challenges aren’t over yet, unless you aren’t in England

COVID-19 travel guidance
Under current UK COVID-19 restrictions, you must stay at home. You must not leave home or travel, including internationally, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so. Check the rules that apply to you in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Currently before you travel to the UK you must provide your journey and contact details. Also check if you need to self-isolate.

From 4am on 18 January, if you intend to travel to England, Scotland, or Wales, including UK nationals returning home from travel abroad, you must provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to 3 days before departure. If you do not comply (and you do not have a valid exemption) your airline or carrier may refuse you boarding and/or you may be fined on arrival. You must also self-isolate when you enter the UK from any foreign country except Ireland, unless you have a valid exemption. All other current entry requirements and restrictions continue to apply.

If you are legally permitted to travel, check our advice on your country of destination. Some other countries have closed borders, and may further restrict movement or bring in new rules including testing requirements with little warning.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus#covid-19-travel-guidance
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
radar wrote:
@t4tomo, your challenges aren’t over yet, unless you aren’t in England

COVID-19 travel guidance
Under current UK COVID-19 restrictions, you must stay at home. You must not leave home or travel, including internationally, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so. Check the rules that apply to you in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Currently before you travel to the UK you must provide your journey and contact details. Also check if you need to self-isolate.

From 4am on 18 January, if you intend to travel to England, Scotland, or Wales, including UK nationals returning home from travel abroad, you must provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to 3 days before departure. If you do not comply (and you do not have a valid exemption) your airline or carrier may refuse you boarding and/or you may be fined on arrival. You must also self-isolate when you enter the UK from any foreign country except Ireland, unless you have a valid exemption. All other current entry requirements and restrictions continue to apply.

If you are legally permitted to travel, check our advice on your country of destination. Some other countries have closed borders, and may further restrict movement or bring in new rules including testing requirements with little warning.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus#covid-19-travel-guidance


Jan 2022 @radar et al
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@t4tomo, LOL
snow report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy