Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where Would You Be Today?*

Poster: A snowHead
murren and wengen Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Today I would have been at home scouring the webcams and weather forecasts in preparation for the drive at the weekend and concluding that this January is likely to have some of the best snow conditions in years and that the drive was going to be in good weather so I would have been feeling happy and excited. Very Happy Very Happy

Today I am at home looking at the webcams without the prospect of travel anytime soon. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 5-01-21 23:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I should be on the Grand Massif website looking at the snowfall, instead i'm watching for the refund to come back on the place we'd taken in Morrillon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1. Skiing County Durham's finest powder at Weardale Ski Club today....Which was the plan until only 2 days ago Confused

2. Off to Tignes next Sunday for 3 weeks.

Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
I've now changed the title (from "Where should you be now?") to try and generate some lightheartedness, relief and fantasy into our lives....
Whaaat!! We certainly don't want any of that round here! Evil or Very Mad

The world's a happy enough place as it is....rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grand Massif, for 6 weeks. With a view to do a day a week or more at other resorts.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd be in Meribel, skiing the three valleys. However I made tartiflette tonight to make us feel better Very Happy but it wasn't quite the same as after a days skiing!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd be ski touring in Grimentz Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My wife reminded me today that one of our bumped EasyJet flights would have seen us in France today.

This time, having bounced them forwards through a sequence of dates, she cancelled and they seem to have refunded most of the cost (their calculation doesn't quite match ours, but at this point we are ready to call it quits).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jebroni3_16, Very Happy Very Happy For All
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd be at Geneva airport waiting for a plane back to Gatwick after having spent a week in Sauze with a friend and my 11 year old son (his first ski holiday).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd be out in Austria which is unfortunate as they have the most fantastic weather at the moment
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pastorius, fantastically cold! But snow due midweek.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd be preparing to fly in Tokyo on the 15th, for 4 weeks in Hokkaido.

Been trying to avoid looking at the Japan snow reports but they're having a particularly snowy winter this year (both Hokkaido and the Japan Alps) - far better than last season!
snow report
just arriving in st gervais having spent a week in chamonix, even if covid wasnt stopping us M in Law is about to move into our granny annex to spend her last few weeks with us,
ski holidays
In St Anton
ski holidays
Should be on the slopes of Saalbach, right now! Sad
snow conditions
robs1 wrote:
just arriving in st gervais having spent a week in chamonix, even if covid wasnt stopping us M in Law is about to move into our granny annex to spend her last few weeks with us,

Sorry to hear that sad news. Sad
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
robs1 wrote:

Sorry to hear that sad news. Sad

Thank you, she is mid 80's so not a bad innings, I have always got on well with her but she has been giving her 4 daughters hell since she collapsed just before xmas, the language has been very amusing at times, so still a bit of fight in her yet.
ski holidays
Champoluc..
latest report
Should be unpacking after a ski trip to Banff. Rebooked for this winter though!!

So sorry to hear that rob.
latest report
Valkyrie wrote:
I'd be ski touring in Grimentz Sad

Small consolation, I know, but the snow in Val d’Anniviers hasn’t been great so far.

However, in saying that, it started today and is set to continue through the weekend...sorry for that!
ski holidays
Should have been up in the loft getting out ski gear down and into the washing machine...
snow report
@NickYoung,
Quote:

Should be on the slopes of Saalbach, right now!

If it makes you feel any better, the lifts are currently closed due to high winds.
latest report
Should be heading for Grindlewald today, maybe next year!
ski holidays
Should have been flying to Austria for a week in Schladming with friends followed by a week in Dorfgastein, just my wife Heidi and I celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary ⛷
ski holidays
I should be in an airport hotel, having a drink with our friends, ahead of flying to Geneva tomorrow, and a week in Peisey-Vallandry. All cancelled/postponed to next year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Packing for a few weeks in Japan
snow report
Quote:
Should have been up in the loft getting out ski gear down and into the washing machine...
I usually wash it before putting it away wink
snow report
Just getting home from Kitzbuhel
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
I usually wash it before putting it away wink

Always...and usually before leaving resort
snow report
Lech Sad
ski holidays
Must stop looking at resort webcams where I would have been....⛷
ski holidays
Wednesday 16:48 Pila time, would be on my way down the gondola back to base in Aosta after a day spent with a gaggle of early snowplough turners who are finding their ski legs. I'd be looking forward to Thursday and taking them up their first cable car and introducing them to the Grimod bowl - Pila paradise, with a piste all the way back down to the meeting point. It's not Ski Sunday but it's a lot of fun and it fed my ski addiction.
snow conditions
Pila usually, occasionally interspersed with Les Arcs. My Facebook memories are rammed with old ski trips at the moment Sad
ski holidays
Maybe I will prefer to stay home with enjoy the pizza from pizza hut.
snow report
I would have been wfh (which I am anyway) checking my last few bits, packing the bag, worrying about my boss landing some sh*t on me because I'm having a week off that "has to be done today" and getting the sausage butties cooked (which we would have had to hide somewhere in the car, along with the cheddar!!)and food ready, waiting for my mate to arrive from York this evening before our 6:00am tunnel tomorrow morning.

I'll post were I should be tomorrow, tomorrow!!

I know it's only a holiday, they will return and I should count my blessings because of all that's happening to others, but it is still a teensy bit depressing.
latest report
Just arriving in Les Carroz from the early Luton flight. Unpacking, making the beds and getting ready to head into town for lunch with the ladies. This time last year the ladies were in Flaine on a blue sky day!
snow conditions
There would have been 6 of us at Serfaus or St Gallenkirch nearing the end of our 1st week - we'd narrowed it as far as that before abandoning the idea altogether...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy