Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski purchase advice for intermediate skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone, I'm back with a new question. Smile I would like to buy a pair of skis for myself.

Height: 190cm
Weight: 75kg
Skill level: intermediate (I started 4-5 years ago, I was skiing ca. 1 week/year until last year, I'm doing more since then)
Attitude: I like speed, I like to challenge myself
Terrain: on-piste (varying conditions), mostly in Austria and Switzerland

I would like to improve my technique and get a pair of on-piste skis that cope well with various piste conditions during the whole day and which I hopefully can keep for a couple of years.

This is my list so far:
Stöckli Laser SC - I've tested the AX, CX, SC and SX last year, the SC was my favorite, the CX came after, the AX and the SX were too challenging due to their stiffness, the piste conditions and my lacking abilities Smile
Atomic Vantage 79 TI - I did not find too much "real" information about these
Rossignol Experience 88 TI - these seem to received good reviews but could be too much on the wide side for on-piste use
Rossignol React 10 TI - seems to be a well balanced option but the topsheet is not my favorite Smile

Which one would you recommend going for?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been skiing for about 5 years & had the experience 80's for the 5 years , changed up to the 88's this year but not had chance to use them. I got the 88's because the reviews seemed to indicate they do what I wanted & I got them for a bargain £300, also I liked my old 80's.
These are the only skis I have died so I can't compare but I liked them
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also maybe check out K2 women’s skis. Heavy/stiff skis run away with me after a couple of days..or at least become an effort to handle. I gave found k2s easy to ski, nippy in bumps, good off piste (once the waists got a bit wider than Burning Love) and if I get left behind my faster compadres it’s only by about 20-30 seconds. Worth it in my view.
I’m slightly lighter and shorter and older and (a little mire advanced
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
suec wrote:
Also maybe check out K2 women’s skis. Heavy/stiff skis run away with me after a couple of days..or at least become an effort to handle. I gave found k2s easy to ski, nippy in bumps, good off piste (once the waists got a bit wider than Burning Love) and if I get left behind my faster compadres it’s only by about 20-30 seconds. Worth it in my view- for me.
I’m slightly lighter and shorter and older and (a little more advanced
but wish I’d discovered K2s at your stage.
Having said all that it’s highly personal. Some people probably think K2s are rubbish.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also maybe check out K2 women’s skis. Heavy/stiff skis run away with me after a couple of days..or at least become an effort to handle. I gave found k2s easy to ski, nippy in bumps, good off piste (once the waists got a bit wider than Burning Love) and if I get left behind my faster compadres it’s only by about 20-30 seconds. Worth it in my view.
I’m slightly lighter and shorter and older and (a little mire advanced
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try the Rossy Experience 84's . . .bit friendlier than the 88's and arguably more nimble / fun at slower speeds. Limited in knee deep powder but for everything else conditions wise they drive easy and react to your mood / wherever you decide to point them with relatively minimal effort. . .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've not skied the narrow version but maybe add the the Scott Slight 83 as one to try, maybe some of the Kneissel line up too.

The Rossi 88s will probably be very capable on piste but there isn't much point going that wide if you're not intending to do any side or off piste.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy