Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken rib

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@davidof, hope you're OK. I find that if people talk about you falling down or falling over, in a tone where you can tell they are thinking, "Pity it wasn't filmed", you'll be fine.

However, if they say, "He had a fall", in hushed tones, you may as well book the care home now. Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
esaw1 wrote:

As you said: It's icy, don't rush about like it's summer!

Hope your ribs aren't too bad.

Glad you are ok. I feel on the steps outside the back door because they are surfaced with floor tiles (its a French thing) and the edges can be very painful. Missus is moaning because it is about the third time I've hurt myself this year.

It is just one rib because I fell on something when I fell, only a fracture or detached according to my friendly medic, better in a few weeks but painful if I bend to do shoelaces or pick something up or sneeze as has been said.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Third time this year @davidof,! It's only the second day. Best you wrap yourself in cotton wool and stay in the house Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pieman666 wrote:
Third time this year @davidof,! It's only the second day. Best you wrap yourself in cotton wool and stay in the house Smile

ha ha, the rib was on Wednesday which was still in 2020.

2021 meter has been reset to zero.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My ribs were damaged (never sure if broken or badly bruised) many moons ago in a boxing sparring session that got out of hand. Biggest problem was getting a decent nights sleep as the slightest move woke me up.

While hiking out in the mountains at the moment the small spikes (snowchains for shoes) are a must for the mixed, often icy conditions.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB wrote:
My ribs were damaged (never sure if broken or badly bruised) many moons ago in a boxing sparring session that got out of hand. Biggest problem was getting a decent nights sleep as the slightest move woke me up.

yeah but you shouldn't talk about Fight Club
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy
It was proper licensed boxing not street fighting.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

It would be really bad to be in hospital with a hip fracture at the moment.

I wasn't in hospital with my pelvis - sent back to my apartment in an ambulance with two nice lads to carry me down the steps, equipped with crutches, painkillers and the means to inject myself with anti-thrombosis stuff. If my left leg wasn't weight-bearing, it didn't hurt - far less painful than a rib and soft tissue injury. Just needed care and ingenuity getting in and out of bed and the shower. I can't imagine any fracture being less hassle, really.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
The worst is if you sneeze, It's agony
Then there's...er, going to the toilet Shocked ....Excrutiating with my ribs in pieces after an MTB crash.

Reader's tip: Cuddling a cushion really does alleviate the pain wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:
Broke a rib on Wednesday falling on ice in the car park. Not after sympathy but just to remind people that it is winter, it might be icy and not to rush about the place like it is summer. Take care !

Oh no.
Much sympathy nevertheless, get well soon.
And thanks for the reminder, it's often at the train station or the car park, when not expecting it, that we slide on ice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another tip: I have cracked/broken ribs several times, and I have found sleeveless compression tops are really helpful - they support your ribs while still allowing you to breathe (important to avoid lung infections). You may need assistance getting them on/off though. And for painkillers, I found time-release capsules to give more consistent pain relief that the higher dose once every 4 hours pills.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy