Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for 3 bedroom accommodation in Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Seeing as we've given up on going skiing this season, we're planning on going big next year and trying Whistler (only every skied in Europe before!).

There will be two skiers (myself and partner), my parents (non skiers) and a 4 year old (hopefully mainly looked after by my parents Very Happy )

I thought I'd found the perfect place called "legends" where we could get a 3 bed place (to be a holiday, the toddler needs her own room...), However I've realised that it isn't in Whistler village and assume that it won't be as easy for the non skiers...

We will also be looking at one person staying in each night with the toddler (so both eating in) and the rest going out to eat, so multiple restaurants within walking distance a must, along with a reasonable kitchen. Price not an issue as it's a one time thing.

Would also consider hotels we could get 3 bedroom suites in (or 2 bedroom with another bedroom adjoining), but really want ski in/out, or very short walk to a slope as well.

Anyone got any recommendations? Aware I probably want something that doesn't exist... Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had a 3 bed place on Blackcomb albeit in summer which was 3 bed, we stayed for 2 months. Not an easy walk to town but shuttle stop 2 mins away and ran all the time. Nice view as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Becki, you have a PM
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to give a bit of context to Legends, it's in Creekside, and Creekside is pretty nice in its own right. There's a little village with a supermarket, creche, shops, and some good restaurants in the vicinity. There's also a good bus over to whistler village itself for eating out (or in our case, for getting back to Creekside having accidentally got hammered in Whistler...). Taxis also easy to get.

I'd say do a bit of research and don't write it off if it suits you in other ways! Plus, the Dave Murray Downhill is a great way to finish a day skiing! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Becki, we stayed at the Delta Whistler suites and we had a 2 bed condo which was 2 suites joined together plus if I remember righly there were further options to have another room connected making a larger 3 bed condo. The Crystal Lodge does something similar, they are both in the main village easy walk to everything but quiet enough for a good kip. We booked through American Ski classics and the price was awesome even better than booking direct esp as its a small deposit to lock in all the deals (pass, transfer etc).

BTW it's never a one time thing, that's what we said in 2015 and we've been to NA 3 times now....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For skiers, Creekside or Blackcomb are perfectly fine. Blackcomb in particular, are great for ski-in/out.

For non-skiers, not so much...Sure, there's a bus. But really, when it's snowing (or raining Shocked ), waiting for a bus can be a deal breaker. Also, dinner out then waiting for the bus home in the dark is also unpleasant. Though to be fair, it's rarely cold.

You challenge, is to find a large condo in Whistler village. I believe they do exist. But your options are much more limited compared to Blackcomb or Creekside. Be ready to take a 2 bed unit next door to a one bed unit if you can't find a 3 bed unit.

I once stayed at a one bed condo in the Executive in Whistler village. It was fabulous. I don't know if they have 2 bed units. I highly doubt they have 3 bed units.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Becki, consider some more homework, as Whistler is huge. But don't worry, you will have zero difficulty finding the configuration you seek in a ski-in, ski-out property. Legends is a good property and Creekside is nice (and quieter) so your instincts are right on so far. But as you've concluded, given your desires for proximity to the lifts, multiple restaurants and something nearby for the non-skiers and those watching the little one, you want to be in or near Whistler Village (North or Centre) or the Upper Village which some folks call Blackcomb base. There you will find everything all of you need or want, plus more. Along the village row it is mostly hotels but surrounding the villages are endless condos which is what you need. There will be 3 bedroom condos, but don't overlook getting two smaller ones that are in the same building....with a 4 yo kiddo, the extra space may be helpful in maximizing the fun of your particular group. Lots of the folks who stay in Creekside are Whistler veterans who don't need or want to be around the Village anymore; maybe you'll be one of them on your second trip!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Becki, We've stayed in Stoney Creek Sunpath Condos before, a 3 bed place, easy walk to everything. It was a while ago so no idea on price.
Private hot tub to the condo, and a pool in the complex.
Shuttle stop just outside too if needed.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 29-12-20 22:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Becky, whats your budget?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
WASHOUT wrote:

Becki said earlier, "Price not an issue as it's a one time thing."
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WASHOUT wrote:

Anything really, as long as it's the right place! Probably looking much more at the high end side of things than cheap and cheerful.

@abc, that's my fear regarding having to use the bus... Would prefer not to if at all possible!

Thanks for all the tips (and PMs!) so far, am going to look into all of them, keep the excellent advice coming! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry missed that bit.

I strongly recommend to stay in village center or at worst blackcomb as this is walking distance which is a pleasant stroll to the village. Creekside is just to far out esp if you have non skiers also non skiers can't access peak to peak gondola from creekside which limits them meeting you for lunch.

Can't help to much on 3 bedrooms only ever needed two bedrooms linked together and was booked up for the hilton this season for midterm (brilliant deal through American ski classics).

If going for more than 10 days have a serious look at a epic season pass. Already threads on this.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When I wanted a condo in Whistler a few years ago I ended up getting one through flipkey, which is run by tripadvisor. It had a very good selection, and the process was easy. Think Airbnb, with the backing of another company. https://www.flipkey.com/book/whistler/222593813/

The booking was through them, final comms were with the actual condo owner - and local arrangements were with the building concierge. All of which ran very smoothly (apart from air canada losing my ski bag on the way over...).

A quick look shows quite a few 3+ bed condos on there, and there's a map so you easily see where each one is. I had a 1-bed condo, so can't recommend a specific one. We were beside 'Marketplace' which was fine, but you might want to be slightly closer to the Village square - not that there's much of a walk to get anywhere in Whistler Village Smile

Anyway, it was one the best holidays I ever had - I hope you have just as good a time!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fairmont Chateau.

Use the babysitter service (postvaccine).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When we went we used https://www.alluradirect.com to find a nice accommodation that fitted out requirements. We've had one in blackcomb which was awesome but very expensive now and also just a normal 3 bed at the end of whistler village. Much cheaper still very nice and the walk to the slopes was broken up by breakfast bagels or drinks on the way home... but the day it rained it was a bit of a sod.
snow conditions
Quote:

I strongly recommend to stay in village center or at worst blackcomb as this is walking distance which is a pleasant stroll to the village.

You must be a very hardy walker to find Blackcomb a “ pleasant stroll to the village” Evil or Very Mad

Especially when the path has snow/ice... and in the dark Sad
latest report
I don't think it is a long walk at all, and some of the paths are lit. Hopefully there is snow, and if so they are well maintained. Due to the scale of the place, there are long walks if you want them. But they are by no means mandatory. Depends on where one plants their flag.
snow conditions
Can't add anything particularly radical to this thread as advice sound generally. I would advise not writing off creekside entirely as it has more soul than the village and an excellent pizza restaurant (creekbread). Bus connections with the village are rapid and regular plus what 4 year old does not like a bus ride?
ski holidays
just checked on google street view, the valley trail is lighting at night and i have found it always been well cleared of snow and ice. for what its worth from the irish bar in village to merlins bar in blackcomb is 500m using the valley trail. what i meant it by pleasant is its not along a pavement beside a road, its through woodlands with a nice timber bridge of a small river.
snow report
WASHOUT wrote:
jthe valley trail is lighting at night and i have found it always been well cleared of snow and ice.

Yes, once the snow stops.

It is Whistler we're talking about!

It's not the Alps. Where it typically only snows a day, or two at most out of a week. Whistler CAN (and often enough DO) have days on end of non-stop snow, or even rain. Of my 3-4 trips there, there're more days when it's snowing, or drizzling, all day long than dry days. How many times do you think a non-skier will enjoy doing 1/2 km trail walk in the rain?

For skiers, if the weather is not conducive to walking/shopping on some days, that's not that big a deal. you just go skiing. But with a 4 year old and a pair of non-skiing grandparents? I wouldn't chance it.
latest report
You have a valid point with weather in whistler (unfortunately I had two weeks of none stop sun last Feb'19 great for walking but not so good for skiing) this is why I would go for location at the bottom of the slope in the main village and not mucking about with buses etc in creekside or Upper village. It also gives you more options for meeting altogether for lunch.
snow report
Snowsartre wrote:
Can't add anything particularly radical to this thread as advice sound generally. I would advise not writing off creekside entirely as it has more soul than the village and an excellent pizza restaurant (creekbread). Bus connections with the village are rapid and regular plus what 4 year old does not like a bus ride?

For the OPs requirements (especially the non skier bit) I would probably write off creekside. Worth a trip to Dusty's for Apres (and bus back), Creekbread is good, and probably the nicest restaurant in Whistler is there (Rimrock), but still a bit remote, and only the one lift option.
Not entirely sure how getting from Blackcomb base (Upper Village) to Whistler Village could be considered an epic hike in any weather - we have stayed there a lot even when our kids were small. In fact the slight out of the way-ness is nice as it is a bit quieter than the main village that can be rowdy in spots.
Mostly we have stayed in the Aspens or Coast hotel there, and someother place I can't remember just below the Aspens which was also fine; they are all ski-in-out and they have 2 bedroom suites; having a kitchen is great with the kids, but not sure about 3 bedroom ones. Since money is no object, I think the also ski in/out Fairmont Chateau Whistler does, and I'm sure that would be very pleasant indeed.
For the first whole season we stayed in Whistler we were slightly further out in the Benchlands; here there are more condo type places. They are all connected by nice enough footpaths that lead to the slopes directly and that may or may not be skiable, and free buses, but getting a little further from the action.

Have also stayed at Northstar for a season, and Sunpath (through Aluradirect), again we had a 2 bedroom place, but they may also have 3 bedroom Condos and a good location - not quite ski in/out, but again free bus, or walk to the lifts. Have stayed a bit further out in Glaciers Reach, but not quite as good either location or accommodation wise as Sunpath.
For uber-lift convenience, the Westin or Hilton are super convenient. Stayed there too, and they are both pretty nice. They have (big, house like!) 2 bedroom places but I'm not sure if they go up to 3 bedroom suites.
latest report
Becki wrote:
Price not an issueas it's a one time thing.

Just to be clear - you're not fooling anyone but yourself...
snow report
@Becki, two bed condo in the pan pacific village centre is perfect , we stay there every year and works really well for all situations , rooms are very spacious and the staff are very helpful , with a hotel car to run u around with the little one
ski holidays
abc wrote:
WASHOUT wrote:
jthe valley trail is lighting at night and i have found it always been well cleared of snow and ice.

Yes, once the snow stops.

It is Whistler we're talking about!

It's not the Alps. Where it typically only snows a day, or two at most out of a week. Whistler CAN (and often enough DO) have days on end of non-stop snow, or even rain. Of my 3-4 trips there, there're more days when it's snowing, or drizzling, all day long than dry days. How many times do you think a non-skier will enjoy doing 1/2 km trail walk in the rain?

For skiers, if the weather is not conducive to walking/shopping on some days, that's not that big a deal. you just go skiing. But with a 4 year old and a pair of non-skiing grandparents? I wouldn't chance it.

I think totally the opposite to this , whistler is perfect for young and old non skiers , with plazas ,library , museum , pools , shops and winter walks with coffee stops and non skier friendly gondolas to access the mountains , a bit of moisture from above never hurt anyone snowHead
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
Becki wrote:
Price not an issueas it's a one time thing.

Just to be clear - you're not fooling anyone but yourself...

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Dabber wrote:

I think totally the opposite to this , whistler is perfect for young and old non skiers , with plazas ,library , museum , pools , shops and winter walks with coffee stops and non skier friendly gondolas to access the mountains , a bit of moisture from above never hurt anyone snowHead

Huh? Where are those plazas, libraries, museums are concentrated? And where are those gondolas are starting from?

Dabber wrote:
@Becki, two bed condo in the pan pacific village centre is perfect , we stay there every year and works really well for all situations , rooms are very spacious and the staff are very helpful , with a hotel car to run u around with the little one

Did you even read the title of the thread? Never mind the opening post!

Or are you a bot?
ski holidays
@abc,

well.... just wondering, did you read any posts except for yours?

one of those gondolas starts in Blackcomb (where some places to stay were suggested) and another one starts in Whistler (where some places to stay were suggested).
In case you make it back to Whistler for a 4th or 5th time, you'll note that the Wizard Chair was replaced by the Blackcomb gondola, and the Pan Pacific is right by two gondolas, so would seem to meet the ski in/out requirement.

For future reference, the Library is near the Delta on Main Street, the museum is right next to it. Audain gallery, is next to lot 4 between Whistler village and Blackcomb, and Squamish Cultural Center right near club intrawest and Fairmont - so latter is actually closer to blackcomb
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stuarth, +1. Local knowledge....there is no substitute.
snow conditions
@Becki, how important is ski in / ski out? Do you need to be able to slide down from the lodgings or does foot-of-lift fit the bill?

I've stayed in one of the hotels in the village centre from the lifts and it was easy by European standards to walk to the lifts (wide / flat / I think well cleared: no icy death slopes). The hotels offer shuttle vans if you don't want to walk one day, and fancier ones than I was in have ski concierge at the foot of the slopes so you can go on to apres without worrying about your kit.

I think I've seen 3 bed or 2 bed + den rooms at one of the pan pacific hotels.
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
@abc,

well.... just wondering, did you read any posts except for yours?

In case you can't figure out the logic, I read the post and commented on it!

His post had ZERO reference to the OP. There's nothing specific in his post. It reads exactly like an marketing material. It's very likely its posted by a bot!

You're the one who didn't get the point.

Quote:
one of those gondolas starts in Blackcomb (where some places to stay were suggested) and another one starts in Whistler (where some places to stay were suggested).
In case you make it back to Whistler for a 4th or 5th time, you'll note that the Wizard Chair was replaced by the Blackcomb gondola, and the Pan Pacific is right by two gondolas, so would seem to meet the ski in/out requirement.

For future reference, the Library is near the Delta on Main Street, the museum is right next to it. Audain gallery, is next to lot 4 between Whistler village and Blackcomb, and Squamish Cultural Center right near club intrawest and Fairmont - so latter is actually closer to blackcomb

I'm sure the OP would appreciate your specific information. (I don't need it. I'm not a skier. No use for the library unless the weather is so terrible)
ski holidays
@abc,
keep digging...
Pretty sure you'll find Dabber is not a bot, and in fact has a place just down the road from Whistler, so likely has a pretty good idea.

Anyhow, the Pan Pacific (original one that wasn't previously the holiday inn) is indeed right at the bottom of the ski hill so would seem a pretty decent answer to the request for info for ski in/out places that might be big enough and convenient.

What was not quite so accurate was your suggestion that Blackcomb base is some distant remote part, seperated by a long and arduous hike, when in fact it is a short, pleasant, and well cleared walk that you can do in the middle of winter just fine, and has features like the multicoloured light bridge over Fitzsimmons Creek that my kids loved when they were 4.
If you really don't want to walk there is a free bus, and if you stay in one of the high end places, they will likely have a shuttle.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 2-01-21 3:32; edited 2 times in total
latest report
abc wrote:
Dabber wrote:

Huh? Where are those plazas, libraries, museums are concentrated? And where are those gondolas are starting from?

oh, and just in case you forgot, it was a direct answer to your question as to the location of the gondolas, library, and museum.
No need to thank me wink Laughing
latest report
stuarth wrote:

No need to thank me wink Laughing

Maybe the OP will. Wink
snow report
Blackcomb base is a short, pleasant, and well cleared walk that you can do in the middle of winter just fine.

Agree with this but the old folk may not if temps go below -10 C. We had a few nights of sub -10C that were bitingly cold though not as bad as Banff where it was darn cold at -25C!
ski holidays
@stuarth, thank u

@abc, not a bot , just a person who spends 12-16 weeks a year in BC and loves what Whistler offers , FYI, I was directly disagreeing with your comments , but definitely not wanting to start some slanging match
Over the years have stayed in most of the large hotels in whister and Blackcomb and whilst all have their plus and minus , for the OP’s requirements I see the village center as the one that fits the bill closely, and I will stand to be corrected but think Whistler has more to offer the non skier than most Europe resorts , but certainly not all , but with the added bonus of a stopover in Vancouver too it’s pretty dam good
Sorry if I sound like a tourist brochure but do genuinely love “beautiful bc “ snowHead
snow report
Vancouver is a awesome city but I always feel its a lost ski day obviously would be different for the non skiers in the group.

Last time flying home i skied in the morning, got picked up at lunch time so I arrived at the airport with plenty of time, stuck bags into left luggage and spent two hours in the shopping outlet which is next to the airport. There is also a monorail (free between airport and outlet) for transport.
Compared to European ski resorts I think whistler has a lot more to offer the non skier.
For a 4 year old I would also look into hiring one of those all weather buggies, I think that would give the babysitter a lot of freedom.
snow report
@WASHOUT, +1
I live in Vancouver (well the North Shore, which is the best bit wink ) and though it is indeed a fantastic place, I am not totally sure I'd stop off in winter for long except perhaps to watch a hockey game.
Imho Vancouver is really a summer destination since many of the attractions are outdoors and as an example, today we are forecast 50mm to 75mm rain (which will hopefully be snow on the mountains)!
In BC there is a saying about "came for the winter, stayed for the summer" Cool

I'm not sure what passes do what now (extra confusingly there is still seperate WB and Vail epic passes which have different prices, benefits), but also well worth looking to see which ones have add on tickets - don't discount a season pass for even a short time now as the day rates are very high, and passes have add ons included like discounts, and possibly buddy tickets which might save quite a lot on sightseeing trips.
We also used to do quite a few trips up the mountain when the kids were small just to ride the gondola, meet for lunch, and play in the snow
Pass sales end before the season starts, so just be aware of that if you want to go that route.
latest report
Just clearing this up for anybody reading its the epic season pass that ends before season starts usually end of November. You can still rock up and buy a normal pass online before arriving or at the ticket office. The epic pass can come with a cancellation insurance (which was standard issue this season), I will find out shortly how easy it is to claim back shortly.
Do your sums as there is a few benefits as you can use it in Europe with small print.
Already a few threads on passes for whistler.
ski holidays
yes, good point. Also WB season passes and edge cards end November (though you can't buy the latter anyway outside of BC and Washington state).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy