Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thick socks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Getting on pretty well with my Zipfits now, but still feel a tad roomy especially around forefoot and instep and lower calf, and all my socks are pretty to very thin technical ones. Wonder if a thicker pair will therefore help to get a snugger fit (obviously it would be a heinous sin to wear 2 pairs), but can't obviously see any online. Any suggestions? Preferably not wool (allergies) but might have to. Can get into the largest kids' ones, or very small adult (usually wear 35-38 size ones). Ta.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have some really thick salomon. Thicker than my stance.
I find my falke has a lot of loose material.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salomon-All-Round-Skisocks-2-pack/dp/B01MA5HJPY?tag=amz07b-21

I got custom liners in my snowboard boots and can only wear the salomon with them, as that is what imwore when injecting the mold

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 3-01-21 19:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grizzler, can you not inject some more oil/cork gunk?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, yes, I have a bit of spare corky gunk (when I can work out how to get it warmed up and squeezed in) and that might put a bit more into the tongue and maybe instep and side of rear foot area, but the main forefoot of the liner (kind of arch forward) is just neoprene, and I'm finding that's where I still lack the feel and contact which I like. Thicker sock just seems like a simple solution (?).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr.Egg, Thanks. Must admit, I board with 2 pairs and never had any issues with just cheapy things.
I know what you mean about moulded things as I once had moulded ski boot liners and always had to wear exactly the same socks. But Zipfits, of course, continuously re-mould.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are your boots of the heat mouldable shell type?

I've not experienced the Fischer pressure fit system (ridiculously termed 'vacuum fit') - but I've heard the latest Fischer system can control the pressure applied to cuff and forefoot independently... so if you know or could visit a friendly boot fitter they may be able to heat the shell and squeeze/compress the forefoot of the shell to take up the slop... Maybe CEM or other fitter can confirm if that's a possibility to remedy a too wide boot.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@coops1967, No, and they're already a narrow last boot. This is just a finesse, really: my skinny ankle is well held (hurrah!!!).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy