Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra for 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As in contemplating rolling forward my EasyJet flights to next year for Half term for this year lots of the routes I am looking at are crazy money and I will have to pay the difference (unless EasyJet do cancel that flight). However my sister and her family want to join us. Last season we stayed in a great chalet in Serre Chevalier with her family another friend and his daughter and my parents.

I am starting my search around Soldeau. Can anybody recommend any accommodation which is similar (ones where you have lots of bedrooms and a big kitchen / dining area for us to share?

For right price I am sure my parents can be tempted, especially as I think they will get free lift pass for there.

So looking at something like 6 bedrooms. Though may well be able to fill more. Ideally lots of en-suites.

Thanks for any suggestions or links!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I may be out of date, probably am, but my one experience of renting an apartment in Andorra is that it isn't easy. They had some law that unless you were andorrian you were not permitted to let out a property. The law appeared to be broken often.

Most people appeased to stay in very plush hotels.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just make sure you stay in Soldeau and are not tempted by the cheaper prices in Pas.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you priced up flying into Lyon? (Maybe from Bristol?)

1) its an International Airport, so bigger & better than chambery or grenoble
2) it has rail links to the alps.....
3) you dont get the bad weather/fog like Cham & Gren. so less chance of delay.

2022 half term is already on sale with EasyJet
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven’t tried Lyon will do.

Yep all but one route I had tried for half term that gives a viable ski resort are already between 100 & 200 per leg per person.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

2) it has rail links to the alps.....

From Lyon airport it is better to get the shuttle bus into the centre of Lyon and get the train from there. Geneva also has good rail links into the Alpes. My experience is that Lyon has fewer flights and tends to be more expensive than Geneva
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have used Andorra travel services and was very happy with the service.
May be worth contacting them as they are very helpful.
https://andorratravelservice.com/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Darn turns out my sisters partners kids have a different half term date. So may not have legs - they hadn’t checked before I asked this morning.

Now looking at Friday to Friday just before Christmas.

Don’t really want Easter next year as eldest should be sitting her GCSE’s in 2022
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I book Soldeu/ El Tarter on Booking.com. Always a one bed apartment for half term week. They may say “5 available “ which I assume means in the same block. Last one was Pierre et Vacances. Use the site map to see the location of the apartment relative to the lift.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE wrote:
I may be out of date, probably am, but my one experience of renting an apartment in Andorra is that it isn't easy. They had some law that unless you were andorrian you were not permitted to let out a property. The law appeared to be broken often.

4x since 2013, no problem.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've stayed next to the P&V apartments in El Tarter and they looked pretty good. You could also consider Canillo or Encamp- longer to get onto the slopes but connected by gondola and probably have a decent amount of accommodation.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnE wrote:

NickyJ I've been to Soldeu a couple of times and we stayed in hotels both times, even though we prefer self catering apartments - mainly because there didn't seem to be many, possible for the reasons stated above. We stayed in the Bruxelles, which was a great budget option - and the Hotel Himalaia, which was much bigger hotel, close to the gondola and was fantastic all round.

Looking on Airbnb, it looks like there are 5 or 6 apartments with 3+ bedrooms so that could be a good place to start. An another 5 or 6 in El Tarter if that becomes an option too.

Hope you find something as Grandvaliria is a fantastic place to ski!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnE wrote:

If you own the property, your can rent it out. Quite a number of people who don;t live here rent out their properties. (A number don't want to because they bought their properties with black money back in the days and now can't rent them out because it means declaring them).

However it still remains hard to rent a property here for a short term such as a season. You can Airbnb properties though, some people do.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy