Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What really happened in Verbier?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
davidof wrote:
Wasn't it Mark Twain who said that a lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.

Pretty sure it was Sir Terry Pratchett in his book "The Truth"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He’s going to stay “Assistant Travel Editor” (presumably one of dozens) a long time. If he thinks Brit offspring are badly behaved and indulged he should see the Dutch.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MikeM wrote:
davidof wrote:
Wasn't it Mark Twain who said that a lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.

Pretty sure it was Sir Terry Pratchett in his book "The Truth"

Apparently the quote and different formulations with the same meaning have quite a long history: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/07/13/truth/

I rather like Jonathan Swift's version from 1710 "Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it" Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very curious from an ex Ski racer, Clifton College educated journalist, who used to deputy edit Ski and Board. Wonder how many of his Times readers enjoyed his stereotyping. Seems very odd to alienate half your readers!

Planet Ski has an article on his career but website currently down.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pseudo satirical article from someone who probably does his fair share of being a Brit abroad himself.

There are times and places skiing where I'm embarassed to be British and specifically English. But then if I was Dutch, German, French or Australian I'd no doubt feel the same. And the best ever "bluffer duffer" chat came from a Saffer I evesdropped on the same chair while he regaled his impressionable party as to the gnarliness of all the runs he knew on the mountain before falling spectacularly on the exit ramp.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
Very curious from an ex Ski racer, Clifton College educated journalist, who used to deputy edit Ski and Board. Wonder how many of his Times readers enjoyed his stereotyping. Seems very odd to alienate half your readers!

Planet Ski has an article on his career but website currently down.

I quite enjoyed it, particularly the Exeter Uni “Chavs and teen mums” themed party. No doubting the Brits creativity Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just noticed that planetski.eu has changed to planetski.uk but android has that as unsafe!

@BobinCH, having witnessed those parties in Tignes, chavs and teen mum's is about right, luckily most of them were so drunk the R number was much lower than the actual chavs and teen mum's!

Bring back the days of vicars and tarts!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
Just noticed that planetski.eu has changed to planetski.uk but android has that as unsafe!

I believe this is a consequence of Brexit. .eu domains can only be used by .eu companies. Surprising the change was not made before...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The .EU suspension will kick in on the 31st of March officially, giving owners to either register their site on an EU based server and EU address, or the address will be placed onto the open market. Either way it'll be hard to claim ignorance of the change. The Unsafe bit will be the certificate not being updated yet.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller wrote:
Some lady's front bottom journalist decides to make his views known in the Sunday Times. All skiers are evil..

obvioulsy a snowboarder & got you skiers down to a tee Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So Switzerland announces further federal confinement measures shutting shops and reducing gatherings to 5 people but ski resorts stay open...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
So Switzerland announces further federal confinement measures shutting shops and reducing gatherings to 5 people but ski resorts stay open...

Bravo!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And yet they had to cancel the Lauberhorn (or rather, worse, move the race to Austria?).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55645396
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dedicated to @Langerzug,
https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7x_nQhrHo/?igshid=1r9n3y5e4copj
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Unfortunate the CH national feckover of innocent British intending skiers at Xmas, but looks like Verbier and elsewhere did well over the season. At least we've all been able to enjoy a bit of Verbier virtually thanks to your regular highly annoying videos wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy