Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowpocalypse 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2,500 Cars stuck on the A40 last night (not sure why the snowfalls were any surprise) https://www.ledauphine.com/environnement/2021/01/12/meteo-haute-savoie-vigilance-orange-neige-et-verglas-l-a40-coupee-a-hauteur-de-bellegarde-sur-valserine

We’d gone shopping in Annemasse but bailed on the last thing at 16h30 as the heavy forecast snow was, well, heavy and we are in a little rental car on the cheapest on snow tyres.

Quite pleased we did as it took about 2 hours to get back to Cham - slow, dense traffic. Some very interesting driving. I am sure the driver of the ancient white van towing the caravan going 20kph faster than anyone else and forcing his way thru the 2 into one lane at the tunnel roundabout isn’t in the audience, but if you are, you are an idiot.

Similar amounts forecast next 24 hours ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was crazy slidy on the roads up to V but 40cm of fresh is about as “essential travel” as you can get. I’ll get my coat...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowed all night here, still snowing lightly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh do be quiet you lucky lot! No, seriously it makes great reading even for those of us who have to just imagine being there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quite a bit of snow where I am on the north banks of Lake Geneva too. Just a shame I'm in quarantine after a recent necessary trip back to the UK

My daughter is going skiing with her school this afternoon though, not that I'm jealous of course....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only about 12cm of new snow here at the moment.
I can still faintly see my tracks from the weekend, hopefully they'll get filled and covered in the next couple of days, ready for freshies.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had about 20cm here in the Oberland, just cleared it all off the terrace ready for the next lot.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It appears we don't have anybody who is grappling with the snow in Spain. That would be interesting to hear about.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was the heaviest 40cm I have ever skied. Gave up at 11:30... Crying or Very sad Hopefully better tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
30-40 here in Cham, heavier over lighter. Lots of people whining that its too much, or too heavy - they just not used to deep snow - quite easy to ski compared to Japan/NA west coast.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Idris wrote:
quite easy to ski compared to Japan/NA west coast.

Not here it wasn’t. Getting Spoons out tomorrow!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a dump overnight in Val d'Anniviers...we needed it! More on its way tonight and tomorrow, thankfully.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So weird not panicking to de-neige the cars in the dark to get first lifts! Confused
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
30cm last night in Muerren. Heavy this morning, dried and got lighter during the afternoon. Run down to Lauterbrunnen pisted. Snowing heavily now again.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@shep, quite!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy