Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A bad day's skiing is better than a good day in the office

Poster: A snowHead
Yesterday, legs pretty sore after quite a few day's bashing deep powder and the off piste White Hare route. Anyway, started on Schiltgrat chair which was stopping due to wind. Pistes frozen corduroy, clatter, clatter, and off piste crusty from warmer temperatures. Wild Wang was deep blown powder and combat traversing to get to an untracked powder field was worthwhile. But legs complained after a few telemark turns. Then headed to Winteregg after a pleasant coffee with Othmar outside the Bellevue Hotel.
Winteregg, with more north facing slopes, was only slightly better. After persevering for a couple of runs, decided a picnic lunch in the sunshine was required at Winteregg. Then down the run to Lauterbrunnen. Snow very sticky in patches and track covered with tree debris from current high winds.
An LGT Bank advert on a Wengen Lauberhorn lift pylon reads "A bad day's skiing is better than a good day in the office. Certainly true yesterday!!.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The chance would be a fine thing!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on what you have chosen to be your office! (in a normal year) No, but then again my office is a mountainside Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh dear, @colinstone. Not a fantastic day's skiing? I'm sure we're all gutted for you..... wink

How about some photos of your not-great day?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a fantastic day's skiing.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@queenie pretty please, Any day is a fantastic day in Schladming. No. 3?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cad99uk, somewhere on Planai. I never know which piste number is which.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queenie pretty please, We should be there now... Booked our 90 days for next season.... That will happen surely?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cad99uk, can't say for sure. I can't imagine another season without German guests, but whether borders will be opened to a wider demographic is a tough call right now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@queenie pretty please, Mmm. Looks lovely.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last time I was there, they had that same advert and Schiltgrat was a t-bar!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still a T bar there - Gimmeln by the restaurant.
Need to work out how to include pics like QPP??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Between yourself and Marshall over in Grindelwald I feel as if I'm there......but then I wake up and reality sets in. You enjoy the poor conditions and the good days equally, it's far better than our lot!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@colinstone, Gimmeln & Schiltgrat were both t-bars.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gordyjh, ahh well, a week or two ago then
snow report
Late 80s I think!
ski holidays
A completely different day on wrong shaped feet operated devices. A first for us and went for a couple of hours snowshoeing in the woods above Muerren station. Very peaceful except the Winteregg lift groaning away in the background.
Then the weekly victuals replenishment in Interlaken.

[img]CS-20210122-111913[/img]
[img]CS-20210122-103135[/img]
latest report
Quote:
No, but then again my office is a mountainside
Mine's currently a dining room due to WFH rolling eyes - but I think the OP was referring to people with 'proper' office jobs, as opposed to someone having a view of The Matterhorn from their 'outdoor office'... wink
latest report
P45 firmly nailed to a wall. It is not going anywhere. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Great to hear another snowhead who recalls Schiltgrat as a "t" bar. Truly a t to remember, not sure how we could use it but we did.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy